Search found 10 matches

Return

by Seadog73
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fall Road game trip

From memory, VU does it only for bowl games, like to Birmingham or Memphis (don't think Shreveport). I think a few local alumni organizations may have arranged such trips by bus for SEC games. To UNLV, nope.
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

Wow, 114 names on the roster... lots of players with new numbers for 2023...

https://vucommodores.com/sports/football/roster/
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

The first thing I noticed about it was the true freshman defensive tackles... De'Marion Thomas reported in as 6-2, 321, and Ted Gregoire reported as 6-3, 311!!! That's an awesome pair of bookends. Here's a photo of Thomas... he looks like a full-grown man who's ready for action. [img=https://pbs.twi...
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fall camp starts this week; what position battle will you be watching?

Running back. This is an area with both limited returning experience and incoming freshmen. Is Patrick Smith the guy? I'm envisioning a real RBBC approach with 3 guys. However, Alexander passes the eye test with flying colors. Watching him in the spring game, it was hard to believe he should've sti...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

Fall camp opened Wednesday morning outdoors under cloudy skies and very humid conditions. Players were in helmets and shoulder pads only. One change from past years that I noticed is that the QBs were wearing gold practice jerseys instead of the usual red. Andrew Allegretta reports after the post-pr...
by Seadog73
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

#90, true freshman Ted Gregoire, definitely passes the eye test for an SEC defensive lineman.
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely the BIGGEST gets in this year's freshman recruiting class

While others are excited about young guns Junior Sherrill & London Humphreys at WR... drooling over Sedrick Alexander and A.J. Newberry at RB... I'm quietly very excited about Ted Gregoire and De'Marion Thomas, the two bookend interior defensive linemen that Vandy signed last December. Gregoire,...
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Clark Lea talks to the media Thur. Aug. 31 pre-Alabama A&M

Junior Uzebu is the No. 1 right tackle on the depth chart, and Leyton Nelson is the No. 2... wondering who will start at RT if Uzebu can't go?
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Two changes to this week's depth chart

According to Aria Gerson:

-Tyson Russell *or* Martel Hight at one corner spot
-Jacob Borcila listed as lone starting kicker
by BrentVU
Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DVR Alert!: SEC Inside on SEC Network features Vanderbilt's win over AAMU

The SEC Network's excellent "SEC Inside" program crew captured an inside view of VU's 47-13 win over Alabama A&M. I caught the second half of it (didn't know in advance they had done it) and it's outstanding, with all kinds of inside footage, including the locker room speeches before, ...