Search found 44 matches

Return

by admin
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Site problem / question

I found a thank-you app. You can now click on the thumbs-up icon and send thanks to the post author. The percentage of post thumbs up are tracked.
by admin
Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bowling Update

by mtnvandy
Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MathGuy is THE CHAMP!!!

Belated congrats to Mathguy for earning 4 pts correctly picking both Champs CC & 7O tied for second How is it I pick the 2 winners to finish secomd & get ZERO pts? BEATBOWS!! Ps nobody happier than me that my Dec prediction that VU MBB fans wld have no reason to check this board by Feb/March...
by geeznotagain
Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For those playing along at home, VU still has two remaining roster spots

Regarding QMB -- haven't grad schools completed determining who's coming in the fall by now and so informed the applicants, both athletes and non-athletes? Unless any of us know QMB personally, it seems possible to me that he *has* found a school and that the grad school *is* more important to him ...
by UltimateVUFan
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

This is most likely about the money I see a few possibilities. Option 1: It's all about the money. Other schools can potentially offer more NIL money than we can. Option 2: It's about perception. Vandy has never been to a final 4. Vandy has not been to the elite 8 in over 50 years (thanks Jeff Gree...
by dore74
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Big money for athletes and VU are not a good match. Could be the end of schools like ours competing in big time college sports if that is what the model is (very quickly) evolving to. From what I've read in other posts and elsewhere, it does seem that that players like Tyrin get approached by other ...
by vandybrad
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

After playing and coaching the greatest game ever invented, at 62 years old I absolutely despise the NCAA and what they have done to college basketball. This Transfer portal and NIL are the worst things ever and will be the destruction of college basketball. The only reason a kid should leave school...
by historybill
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I'm with you. I hate it. During the Stallings years, there were a lot of fine young men who played for Vanderbilt for 4 years (or at least 3) who my son and I got to know at the games and basketball camps and such. I've got photos of my son with Jeff Taylor, Lance Goulborne, Festus Ezeli and John Je...
by Foreverhopeful
Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: High Profile Transfers

There are lots of reasons we aren’t going to be a Top 25 team every year- the NIL now being a main one.
by alathIN
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes, this is an instant gratification society we live in. No one wants to work for anything. So what I'm hearing you say is: 1. Tyrin Lawrence is unwilling to work hard on his game. He's just lazy. 2. Moving to a higher paying job so he can support his family is a character flaw. Only lazy people d...
by alathIN
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Where I disagree on this is going to college is not a job, it's an education. A multi-kabillion $ entertainment industry says no, you're wrong, it's a business. Beer companies and truck companies don't pay the equivalent of a small country's GDP for advertising on the nationwide broadcast of your f...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 02, 2023 9:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy’s actual approach to NIL

On the one hand, I'm hesitant to lay the blame for the recent wave of men's basketball roster departures entirely or even in large measure upon NIL, because most of the players we've lost are either headed to schools with fewer NIL opportunities, may have unique circumstances surrounding their depar...
by Obvious
Fri May 05, 2023 12:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

MrMemorial wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:06 pm
Obvious wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 3:38 pm He has a baby and he wants to make money. It’s not wrong of him. I just don’t want to cheer for him. I will always support Vanderbilt and how they operate.
Didn't Dan Langhi have a wife and kid? You didn't see him bolt for $$.
There wasn’t NIL in 1999.
by Obvious
Tue May 09, 2023 9:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The cycle of panic on Vandymania

What we have traded so far with this off-season is certainty for uncertainty. We will be less experienced. We seem that we will be smaller. We will need freshmen and/or transfers to make immediate impacts. We will also be well coached. With a coach whose teams get better throughout the season. And ...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 09, 2023 9:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The cycle of panic on Vandymania

What we have traded so far with this off-season is certainty for uncertainty. We will be less experienced. We seem that we will be smaller. We will need freshmen and/or transfers to make immediate impacts. We will also be well coached. With a coach whose teams get better throughout the season. And ...
by Jason94
Fri May 12, 2023 3:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last Year's Starting 5

I think Noah Shelby is a different case. He had potential and I think his father (he knows the sport) understood that some patience was going to be required, but Noah didn’t want to wait. C-USA has proven to be a pretty good basketball conference over the years. I don’t think Shelby’s transfer is a...
by alathIN
Wed May 17, 2023 5:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Loyalty's great when it runs both ways. But when coaches can run off players as soon as they find someone they think is better, it's hard to blame the players for moving on when they find a better deal. And I'm not sure you can say "free education." Legit SEC athletes have rare talent, the...
by Obvious
Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OK Back To Recruiting

Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:21 pm What if Dort gets an injury next year like he did this year? Then what?
Quality 7 footers don’t grow on trees. If he’s injured then you worry about it. Such is the case for every team.
by Obvious
Thu May 18, 2023 6:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OK Back To Recruiting

mathguy wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:16 am
Vandy187187 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 7:21 pm What if Dort gets an injury next year like he did this year? Then what?
Then we remember the time Vandy made the sweet 16 with Ross Neltner pretending he was a center.
And Dan cage at power forward
by Foreverhopeful
Fri May 19, 2023 4:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Derrian Ford to Arkansas State

Vandy187187 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 4:30 pm Am I the only one who doesn't know who Tyrin is?
Yes, you are.