Search found 7 matches

Return

by Lynchsr
Sat May 06, 2023 10:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commodore Caravan in Chicago

First I would like to say, the Vanderbilt marketing team nailed this event. Kevin Ingram was the event MC. There is no podcast or recording of this stop. Carter Hawkins, the Cubs GM, is a former Vandyboy ('07) and that was the connection for the event being held at 1914 Club inside Wrigley. Carter s...
by charlestonalum
Thu May 18, 2023 8:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our Chancellor gets it

The Charleston Vanderbilt Club had a very nice and well attended meeting with the Chancellor last night. He is the right guy to lead Vanderbilt and the message is "we want to be iconic" and not try to be "Harvard of the South." Most of his comments were about how to achieve this ...
by FayetteDore
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

Another interesting story that most of you probably know: Ty Bartholomew's family has strong ties to both VU and UT. His great-grandfather, from Kingsport, played fb at UT. His late grandfather, Sam Bartholomew Jr. - a Vietnam vet and Nashville lawyer who played big roles in establishing the Nashvil...
by KenStone23
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

i found the website of the construction company, Barton Malow, who are overseeing the Vandy United project. they have a very informative page with links that detail the progress of the project thus far. main page: https://www.bartonmalow.com/projects/vanderbilt-master-athletics-plan/ 360 drone cam +...
by historybill
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Story about VU alum who probably died in a Soviet gulag

Grew in in Nashville, graduated from East High School, did 2 years in the engineering school and then went off to war: https://www.williamsonherald.com/features/w_life/the-missing-pilot-and-the-old-pennies/article_fe0abe20-3dd6-11ee-a616-0f0eada8a7a2.html I'm posting it here because I don't think ei...
by alathIN
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whoomp! There it is... [PREMIUM, The Athletic]

College football's intense appeal was built on people going to games in real life. Tailgating. Marching bands. Homecoming. People went to the games as kids, then as students, then as parents of kids and parents of students. Demented traditions with 100 year old traditions like The Oaken Bucket and T...