Search found 14 matches

Return

by FayetteDore
Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

It appears the old "like" function has been replaced with a "thanks" function. And unlike before (I think), it shows the names of the posters doing the thanking. And the number of thanks shows up as a star-rating.
by BrentVU
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: STRANGE LATE KARMA FOR THE EARL BENNETT EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION PENALTY

"The Baptists allow more dancing than Earl did after that touchdown." --Bobby Johnson
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by Ndorefin
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

I believe he and Stack put this whole plan together to help Tyrin decide his future. He found out what his strengths and weaknesses are according to decision makers and he also found out his worth for NIl. I’m sure Stack supported him all the way through this process because he cares about his playe...
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commitment: Jaren Sensabaugh 6-0 170 DB/WR/ATH Nashville-Ensworth

Another one of those guys who showed up at the midweek prospect camp last week, earned an offer! Accepted it six days later! Played his junior season at Knoxville Catholic, is transferring to Ensworth for his senior season. Commitment list grows to 11. Film: 11595751/632734ca0428ae051c11eb93 https:/...
by BrentVU
Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commitment 2024: Dorian Williams 6-2 200 WR Cincinnati-Princeton, OH

Junior stats: 21 receptions for 367 yards, 3 TDs in 10 games played. Also is quite the basketball star. Commitment list grows to twelve; seven of them have come in the month of June, and there are still 9-1/2 days left. The class is filling up after camps. Film: 15177836/634e09287bd3570804555987 htt...
by Johnmn555
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Gaines

I went to see the courageous and articulate advocate for womens' sports Riley Gaines speak before a large think tank audience tonight. She mentioned her father Brad 8-10 times, with an especially funny antecdote about how he went on the warpath and threatened to take matters into his own hands when ...
by BrentVU
Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commitment (2024): Johann Cardenas, 4* 6-0 215 RB Houston-St. Thomas Catholic, TX

Chose Vandy over Missouri, but also reportedly had offers from Kentucky, Colorado, Oregon, Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, and many others... he had previously committed to Texas Tech back in January, but de-committed in April... An ACL Injury abbreviated his junior season, but he nonetheless put up 1,041...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jaylen Mahoney SEC Media Days interview

Q. What was it like leaving workouts this morning and putting on that jacket, and coming down the street to kick off college football season here? JAYLEN MAHONEY: Yeah, that's a good question. You know, it was a lot trying to get over here but blessed to be in this position. You know, excited to be ...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of thoughts after a day lurking at SEC Media Days

Well, so much for the concert on Broadway; a rain and lightning storm about 4 pm took care of that. But here are some ramblings on what did happen Tuesday... 1. What a torn-up mess downtown has become, with all the new buildings and cranes. I've never seen so many cranes, closed streets, and foundat...
by LawoftheWest
Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pete Thamel: Sources: Rice targeting VU Asst. AD Tommy McClelland for AD; deal appears close to done

Chancellor Diermeir personally hired Tommy. I wish Rice would have gone after Candice Lee instead. Do you think Candice will ever be an AD At another University? Wow, That statement is quite harsh. My understanding is that you are saying you wish that Candice Lee were gone. I completely disagree. I...
by BrentVU
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video: Clark Lea talks after Sat. Aug. 19 practice in FirstBank

Construction noise going on in the background...

This camera angle gives a good view of what the West stands look like today...

Head Coach Clark Lea
by BrentVU
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some thoughts, predictions about the season ahead

Founder's Walk was last weekend. Classes start tomorrow. The heat is still here; it should be close to 90 when Vandy kicks off on Saturday night. Time for some wild predictions about the season... 1. I am unusually bullish on this year's Commodores and think folks are underestimating them; I 'm bold...
by BrentVU
Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Latest graphic highlights "immediate impact" freshmen

"Hey, high school recruits, see how these guys have made an immediate impact in just two games at Vandy? You can do the same... If you can play, Vandy's coaches will get you on the field..."