Search found 36 matches

Return

by Jason94
Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confirmed--there's a transfer commit

1) He couldn’t replace Ty (which is part of your point, I think). 2) I will be legitimately shocked if Ty isn’t back next season. Testing the NBA waters is part of his development plan, much as it was for Pippen after his sophomore season. Ty clearly has a strong relationship with Stack, and next y...
by MikeADore
Mon May 01, 2023 9:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting Rundown

An updated list of class of '24 and '25 players who have offers along with their Hoopgurlz ranking: Class of ’24 Imari Berry #7 Lexi Blue #31 Joyce Edwards #1 Avery Howell #45 Shay Ijiwoye #41 Kateryna Koval #5 Zania Socka-Nguemen #43 Kennedy Ume #28 Trinity Wilson unranked (Committed) Class of ’25 ...
by MikeADore
Fri May 05, 2023 11:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Portal

One of the top players in the country, a rising junior. You may remember her from a couple years ago when she lit Vandy up at the holiday tournament game against Depaul. Averages more than 25 points and 12 rebounds. The fact that she needs to do a countdown production about which school she is goin...
by BrentVU
Thu May 11, 2023 4:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OT: Friday's Graduation moved to Bridgestone Arena due to weather

This year's graduates won't get the Alumni Lawn experience, but oh well...

Congratulations to all our graduating athletes, and from VandyManiacs everywhere... a huge THANKS! VU#
by MikeADore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Dull Answer to an Interesting Question

I had an online conversation with an Arkansas fan a few days ago. He was trying to take stock of SEC teams and how they might finish this season. After noting it looked like four teams, Missouri, Kentucky, Auburn and Florida could take a step back, he asked me if I felt Vanderbilt would be significa...
by buffy
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

Our problem, generally, is that we're a-holes. We want to win right the heck now. Turns out, it's really hard. Our coach didn't have the luxury of learning college coaching as an assistant. He jumped in the deep end. It's a hell of a learning curve for a new head coach. It's even crazier if you thro...
by MikeADore
Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Work Begins

Video from yesterday's drills.

by OldDude
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commissioner: Nashville a WNBA expansion possibility by 2025

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2023/06/09/wnba-commissioner-nashville-possible-expansion-city/70307029007/ Guess they have identified the cities whose leadership is stupid enough to take on the financial obligation that inevitably goes with supporting pro sports. The WNBA has never shown a...
by MikeADore
Mon Jun 19, 2023 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Agata Makurat Has Arrived

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ctq0F_OoprR/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== Translation of the above message from her mom, Marta, who is seen in the photo with her: Your road to this place 🇺🇸✈️🏀 was long and winding 🤔 However, having a specific goal, everything seems much easier...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: USA u19 routs Lebanon 122-70

Here's a highlight of Allen-Lubin going baseline at the end of the 3rd quarter:
by MikeADore
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Four-Year Scholarship Chart

Great list -- Thanks for putting this together. One small nit - The VUCommodores website shows Iyana Moore as a junior this year. CONQUER!!..., and PREVAIL!!! Yeah, I just decided to list them by basketball eligibility, which is all we really care about in this case. Iyana is a junior academically,...
by MikeADore
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting Rundown

I'm sure this is the longest running thread at present. Have there been any that lasted more than 2 years? Not that I know of, but, compared to some of the folks around here, I'm a newbie. This was a great idea by vandyfan52 . It's kind of tricky to keep it up to date, too, since we'll go long peri...
by Dore2Dore
Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nike Nationals Live Stream Starts Friday Morning

Mike - thx so much for all u do to keep us informed
by VandyPhile
Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy's representatives at SEC Media Days will be...

Seadog73 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:48 pm Seems weird that Elijah McAllister is going as an Auburn rep after just a few months there.
Maybe there’s a literacy test involved? 😂😂
by MikeADore
Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watched Trinity Wilson Play Several Games

I was a bit under the weather over the weekend and wound up spending a lot of time watching games from the Nike Nationals in Chicago. I watched Trinity Wilson and her North Tartan EYBL team play several times. She played well. North Tartan is a fast-breaking team, and she kept up just fine. Not a sp...
by PeteFox
Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Laughable NCAA enforcement strikes again

Current NCAA rules and penalty guidelines require a one- or two-year postseason ban for a Level I-standard case," the NCAA said Friday. "However, in January 2022, NCAA members adopted a new constitution that states divisional regulations should ensure 'to the greatest extent possible that ...
by Seadog73
Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who Drew The Toughest Home-Away Schedule?

Mike, thanks for all you do for women's hoops!
by Seadog73
Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fulmer: "Vandy loss was hard to swallow... they had excellent QB who picked us apart."

Give him credit, he had his priorities right - beat Vandy at any cost, and, to paraphrase from a great movie "rules, we don't need no stinking rules."