Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres to announce tomorrow

Thank you for the wonderful news!
by Levon
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SC vs Vandy Game 1

Quality pitching depth doesn't mean everyone is a weekend SEC starter. Quality pitching can be for a couple innings or even a couple hitters. The problem comes when your SEC weekend starters whom you depend on for 6-7 strong innings every start go down. Now the guy who may otherwise be counted on to...
by TwoSaints
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

He may be a good player but he is not listed anywhere on ESPN high school ratings, not even a 2 star as well as I can tell. I did see where Texas A&M wanted him so maybe he is a good pickup. I wouldn’t worry about that. ESPN has really slacked off in its coverage of high school recruits in rece...
by BDR-Dore
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

We sit in 1st row in center field and Stone hit the wall hard right in front of us. Gutsy play to catch it off the wall and get it back into infield. They never really explained to the crowd what happened. Glad to see VandyBoys bounce back and win a big game. Hope to see them win the series tomorrow.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Noah Shelby to Rice

We owed them one for QMB.
by docdore
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Noah Shelby to Rice

smart move for noah keeping academics at the forefront.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Move Maldonado up

Nick is a relief guy. He’s where he needs to be. And I think Corbs might know more about baseball than the rest of the board combined. Certainly more about how to manage his team.
by baseball1234
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Top 25

They have the pitching to shut anybody down. Their aces have not been great so far, but we can't get ahead of ourselves.
by BrentVU
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: STRANGE LATE KARMA FOR THE EARL BENNETT EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION PENALTY

"The Baptists allow more dancing than Earl did after that touchdown." --Bobby Johnson
by OldDude
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

If he signs with Vandy, he would be the third player in this class in the swingman size range (6-6/6-7). (Not saying their games are all alike, however.) To save others time, his offer list includes: Arizona State TCU Texas Houston LSU Okie St. Ole Miss Texas A&M SMU Thanks for this. I really p...
by nyyankeeDore
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerous midweek matchup tonight

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:52 pm 2-10: ugh.
Baseball is full of statistics and adages. An adage that comes to mind after tonight's game relates to inevitable poor hitting performances and poor pitching performances. When they happen, it is better that they be combined in a single game so they cause one loss instead of two.
by mtnvandy
Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bball Prediction Contest

Charleston- no doubt. And I could not be happier to have benn WRONG

#BeatBows
by Foreverhopeful
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

COMMITTED! ANCHOR DOWN! (on Twitter) https://vanderbilt.rivals.com/news/vanderbilt-lands-malik-presley?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALXetEtlhXGKq3T7VGVLYkBc5qv8h1uUJfvew1Fws33ltKklmjN4CgDlSw5PLwhLW3n27NbBRaSN0w_tcIH9qFtWadRe_z3eM1yJnFxHhRyEcz-FY4X0vu4HX...
by Laker42
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stack hires Anthony Wilkins

I am assuming that means Stack is staying. Wr should all be really excited about this. Continuity with a Dude thats ready to take us to the next level. Lets goooo

Get us a couple more portal guys and lets ride
by commadore
Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can't leave so many on

1, 2, 4, 5 and 6 were 0-25. Only Schreck had a hit in the top six. Not going to win many that way.
by MrMemorial
Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Tennessee game 2

Will the team respond the way the basketball team did after the horrific loss to Bama?
by dore74
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing for some marbles today

Baseball is a very funny sport. Teams get hot and cold at the drop of a pin, and Nelson is a hitters dream park. Nevertheless, the past four games make one worry that our early SEC record WAS due to the lower level competition we faced. The vibe is reminicient of the MSU final three games in Omaha a...
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing for some marbles today

FayetteDore wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:35 pm I have it on very good authority that several of Charleston's posts were pinned up on the bulletin boards in the Vols' locker room and, for good measure, the dugout too. 8-)
You have removed any fig leaf of doubt regarding your fandom. Congratulations on your team's three wins this weekend.
by Dorewithaflare
Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After a good start for the season

At this point if we win only half our twelve games(an i do believe we will do better than that). We would finish 19 -11 for a high seed.
by UltimateVUFan
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CB Ja'Dais Richard in the portal

A shame, and a bit of a mystery. He had worked his way up the depth chart, and it didn't seem like he was going to have any trouble getting playing time this fall. Mystery? Nah. Worked his way into a starting role and was able to parlay it (or get poached) into NIL $. The reminders of how virtually...