Search found 11 matches

Return

by Levon
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

I know modern baseball emphasizes and prioritizes home runs, but my goodness, what happened to choking up and going with the pitch? Diaz just struck out on a 3-2 pitch with a runner on 3rd and 1 out trying to pull a fastball on the outer half of the plate. I know I come from a different, long ago me...
by DivergentDore
Sun May 07, 2023 4:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Road has risen up to bite us…..

It's not us. It's everybody in the SEC. There are so many top programs in this conference, with tough venues to play in, that it has become near impossible to win on the road. Look at the results all season long, for all teams. LSU can struggle against a middling team at their place, while middling...
by DivergentDore
Tue May 09, 2023 12:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christian Little

I don't get the hate sometimes. Little was not cracking the weekend rotation in a VU uniform this year, nor next year barring an injury to someone. He moved on and joined a team needing pitchers with hopes of showcasing his talent there. Can't blame him and wish him well unless playing against us.
by roanoke
Sat May 13, 2023 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slugfests

We can win slugfests, but we need discipline. We just beat Louisville 12-8 on the road. The issue is: our leadoff guys need to work counts (especially if the strike zone is a thimble) not hack at the first pitch. With two strikes we need to choke up, go for contact, and go with pitches instead of pu...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

Quite possibly the best on-field coaching of Corbin's career. Honestly, we have some talent, but we should not have been close to 19 SEC wins with this roster. Just being honest. He did a great job. I do have one significant complaint, and it is becoming a trend; whether it is Brown or the strength/...
by roanoke
Fri May 26, 2023 8:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was encouraged by last night *

* assuming Owen is ok. Coach has made some meaningful adjustments lately. Our lineup didn’t change for long stretches this season. Suddenly LaNeve, McKenzie and Hewitt are getting some starts and our regulars are getting some rest. The serious stuff begins next week and we have, I think, secured a t...
by dore74
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to the team and the coaches

Disappointing ending to he year for sure. Injuries and lack of power got us in the end. Still in all we won the SEC tourney, and that ain't nothing.

Always a pleasure to watch the guys play--and they always give it their best, win or lose. Thanks for all you do, see you in the fall.
by roanoke
Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

That is what made the run in 2019 so remarkable: regular season champs, SECT champs, National Champs. Just 4 years ago. Winning the SECT is a major accomplishment. Vandy has only done it 4 times. That will be this team’s lasting legacy. Honestly, I thought we would make a run for the NC before we lo...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

After watching the CWS this weekend, I noticed something interesting. TCU and Florida are the only two teams swinging Demarini. Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Stanford were all swinging Louisville Slugger. Oral Roberts swings Easton and Virginia swings Rawlings. LSU swings Marucci. After the implementa...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

Hops, from your summer/travel ball perspective, does the brand of bat make a significant difference? And what do you mean by "get hot as they age"? I'm assuming all of these high quality bats cost roughly the same; do the major college programs have to purchase the bats or do the companie...
by AuricGoldfinger
Sun Aug 06, 2023 3:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any word on our draftees

Enrique played his first game in the Florida rookie league Friday and went 2-4 with a double and a walk yesterday and is now 4-6. He won't be there long. RJ Schreck has already played three games with the Mariners' A affiliate the Modesto Nuts after starting with the Mariners' rooking league team. I...