Search found 42 matches

Return

by Levon
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SC vs Vandy Game 1

commadore wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:14 pm Messina with a 2 run bomb after a Vastine error. Cassis at least struck out. 2-0 SC.
Added another 10 pitches or so to Cunny's pitch count too. Self- inflicted pain. Sigh...
by Levon
Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go Vandy! wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:38 pm Did the rf misjudge that hit?
Looked like it, didn't it.
by Levon
Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

commadore wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:02 pm Messina homers again. Think I'd hit him next time.
Maybe stop throwing him fastballs right down the middle.
by Levon
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quality pitching depth doesn't mean everyone is a weekend SEC starter. Quality pitching can be for a couple innings or even a couple hitters. The problem comes when your SEC weekend starters whom you depend on for 6-7 strong innings every start go down. Now the guy who may otherwise be counted on to...
by Levon
Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Carter & Reilly, members of the pitching staff with no depth (sorry), got 19 outs while facing only 22 hitters, with nothing even close to a scoring threat. Carter got 7 outs, Reilly 12, about what you would hope or expect to get from them, setting up Maldo the Elder to get the last 6 outs. Cart...
by Levon
Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina Game 3 thread

This guy's strike zone is indecipherable. My goodness.
by Levon
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other SEC teams that lost last night

.. .include LSU (8-5 to Louisiana), Tennessee (12-5 to TN Tech) and Alabama (4-3 to UAB). Elsewhere around the country last night... - 3 of 4 ranked PAC 12 teams lost: Sacramento State 15-Stanford 13; UC Irvine 12-UCLA 4; Portland 10-Oregon 9 - #12 Louisville lost to Indiana, 7-3 - #15 Connecticut ...
by Levon
Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy vs Tennessee Game 1

Why we don't use every arm we can is beyond me. I said it earlier. No reason for anyone to pitch more than an inning with this BP. Be fresh, be nimble In all fairness to Maldo, that slider that was going to land in the back of the LH batters box. No way that ball can be hit, certainly not with auth...
by Levon
Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky #1

dcdore wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:59 pm Where is that pitching depth???
That huge K by Reilly is pitching depth. Holton had a bad night, doesn't make him a failure.
by Levon
Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was a great AB by Polk, fouling off 3-4 pitches just off the strike zone and then jumping on a hanger up and going the opposite way for a double, just as he did on the fouls.
by Levon
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vandy187187 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:05 pm Reilly with a nice night. He could start for a lot of teams.
When Reilly is good, he is very, very good. We got the good Reilly tonight. Terrific job!
by Levon
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

I know modern baseball emphasizes and prioritizes home runs, but my goodness, what happened to choking up and going with the pitch? Diaz just struck out on a 3-2 pitch with a runner on 3rd and 1 out trying to pull a fastball on the outer half of the plate. I know I come from a different, long ago me...
by Levon
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

commadore wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:16 pm Shultz in to pitch. Owen held to 75 pitches. I think this is a very wise move.
Last thing we need to do is get him hurt for the rest of the year. 5-2 good guys.
Amen, brother!
by Levon
Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Kentucky 3

Levon wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:56 pm Surely a pinch hitter here for Espinal.
Like I said, let Espy hit! :D
by Levon
Fri May 05, 2023 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama game 2

charlestonalum wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:13 pm Bradfield is a gem - what a catch.
We are so fortunate to have been able to watch him play CF the last three years.
by Levon
Sat May 06, 2023 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama #3

Crap. Was foul. They should have challenged that. Glad they didn't. Diaz' ball was fair. It hit the ground between home and 3rd base, so at that point it's where it crosses the bag. If inside or over the base, then it's fair; the LF line beyond 3rd base is irrelevant. 3rd base umpire was perfectly ...
by Levon
Mon May 08, 2023 3:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christian Little

Didn't get the results here that he expected and felt that he could do better elsewhere. As usual, our coaches evaluated his performance (talent does not always equal performance) and used him accordingly. By all accounts he's a good kid. Feel bad for him. Good assessment. And yes, I feel bad for h...
by Levon
Tue May 09, 2023 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bi...
by Levon
Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bi...
by Levon
Wed May 10, 2023 4:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

This is what you’re going to get when on the road, especially out of conference. The color guy is, typically, going to be some homer….I’ve come to expect it. It’s similarly that way in our SEC road goes, but not as bad. He was an ACC homer, no doubt. But he could've been the biggest Vandy homer eve...