Search found 163 matches

Return

by Versus75
Sun May 21, 2023 11:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hoover Tourney

I would still like to see the brackets flipped for Saturday. Have the team with one loss in the top bracket play the 2-0 team from the bottom bracket, etc. In this manner a team won’t get knocked out in the semis by losing to the same team twice. Could be the best two teams are in the same bracket a...
by secchamp
Mon May 22, 2023 7:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Prince Kollie

charlestonalum wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 pm What about him? Is he in portsl?
He announced his commitment to Vanderbilt today! He's going to be a great addition!
by docdore
Tue May 23, 2023 6:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Tyrin-Lawrence-at-Vanderbilt-254115/CurrentTransferInstitutionPredictions/ This would be the topper to what could turn out to be an excellent offseason. Would erase the only negative of the offseason and when you combine that with the added players from the p...
by mathguy
Wed May 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

So you admit we played poorly for the first two months (and even up until the Bama game where we got destroyed). then we picked it up over the last 14 games or so, but were not dominant during that stretch - we won a bunch of close games at home for the most part. I'm not following why the NET is s...
by roanoke
Wed May 24, 2023 10:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Auburn SECT

Reilly throwing gas and mixing speeds nicely.

Survived an error too. Good inning.
by vutrain
Thu May 25, 2023 1:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Auburn SECT

UltimateVUFan wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:12 am Get Reilly out now. Great outing, but that shot just cut the lead in half.
It looked like Corbs was saving arms by only using two pitchers tonight. Great of Patrick to hold on even after that homer to cut the lead.
by Ndorefin
Fri May 26, 2023 3:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I was encouraged by last night *

I thought Cunningham was totally dominate most of the time. He had one stretch with the 3 hitters (a walk, hbp, walk) followed by the only hit he gave up which, unfortunately, was a grand slam. The other 10 hitters he faced, he struck out 7! I don’t like to complain about the umps, but I do believe ...
by Haptown
Fri May 26, 2023 10:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alabama SEC game

I found that very odd, too. Only thing I can figure is some kind of weird injury exception. But never heard of such, either. Because he was hit on the helmet, a concussion protocol must be performed. Since the game cannot be stopped while they do It, a temporary substitution is allowed. Pitcher sta...
by geeznotagain
Fri May 26, 2023 11:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VU reportedly still out looking at transfer portal options

I know this sounds crazy - but we have so many players of Lawrence's basic profile (albeit none as experienced). If I could choose, I might take a legit big over Tylaw returning. They may fit Lawrence's basic profile, but I bet though don't perform nearly as well. Plus, he knows the offense. No, I ...
by alathIN
Sat May 27, 2023 7:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really don't like Florida

If the Vandyboys lose to Arkansas or Alabama or LSU I can manage. We ran up against a good team who played well. Hats off to them. But Florida, Mississippi State, and the East Trailerpark Chuggers are different. Please Vandyboys knock off the loathsome swamp reptiles today. For the future of human c...
by Go Vandy!
Sat May 27, 2023 4:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Florida 2nd game SECT Thread

Glad no one reminded Thompson he's just a freshman.
by quasidiehardvandyfan
Sun May 28, 2023 2:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Head spinning, please reorient

Here's my understanding of next year's landscape, which is just about solidified. I put it in order of expected minutes played per position, though I think it's likely we see guys move around (Colin Smith at the SF position, Tasos at the 4, possibly Evan Taylor off the bench, etc). PG - Ezra Manjon,...
by historybill
Sun May 28, 2023 5:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

Let's hope that winning the SEC tournament gives our team confidence, but not satisfaction. In any case, it is remarkable that only 9 days ago, Vanderbilt was trailing Arkansas 8-2 in the 8th inning and appeared to be on the verge of being swept (again), and there appeared to be little chance that t...
by alathIN
Wed May 31, 2023 5:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin

Am I the only one that feels kind of "used" in this whole process? But, don't miss my overall feeling, which is that we'd be very happy for him to don the Black & Gold again next year.... I hear ya. However, given the current NIL landscape, I can’t say I blame the kid for handling the...
by Versus75
Wed May 31, 2023 6:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

If Grant Nelson of North Dakota State (6-10 / 2 yrs eligibility / 17.9 ppg / 9.3 rebounds per game / 1.7 blocks per game) wants to become a Commodore, we can just slot Tyrin in as a preferred walk-on and see if Opportunity Vanderbilt can foot the bill.
by Obvious
Wed May 31, 2023 9:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Don’t engage with the troll.
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

by buffy
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

How 'bout an 'adda-boy' to Coach Stackhouse. We were all considering hara-kiri after the portal opened, and now we're clearly in better shape. I'm absolutely grateful and honored to have Mr. Stackhouse as our coach. The guy gives everything he has.
by VUaskew
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think there are a variety of reasons for it, several of which you have already detailed. Some of them were obviously self-inflicted--examples include the aforementioned getting into it with fans on Twitter; the Joe Rexrode piece in The Athletic where he called out some fans' political leanings; t...
by Foreverhopeful
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I am a big Stackhouse supporter and we are lucky to have him. The issues with our beat writer have to do with the fact that she started out as an idiot and is about 20 years old. She knows her baseball but is just really ramping up on the other sports. She asked Stack stupid questions and he wasn't ...