Search found 51 matches

Return

by UltimateVUFan
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Site problem / question

Post love (a forum app) hasn't kept up with the developers of the overall forum software. I tried to enable it to see if it would still work in this version, but I get a lot of errors and warning messages when I activate it. I will find something else to use for recognizing great posts. Thanks for ...
by UltimateVUFan
Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

Looking at video (admittedly a small sample) is a right handed player who can finish with his left hand. Much more athletic than I had anticipated . If he buys into Stack’s system, his versatility will be a real asset. Yep. This kid is a gem. And I noted in the original thread about him from a few ...
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:38 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Noah Shelby to Rice

We owed them one for QMB.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Move Maldonado up

Nick is a relief guy. He’s where he needs to be. And I think Corbs might know more about baseball than the rest of the board combined. Certainly more about how to manage his team.
by UltimateVUFan
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Myles Stute commits to South Carolina

I’d be very curious to learn the full story here. Just seems like more than frustration with lost PT. Stute was presumably one year away from a VU degree. It’s a shame, really.
by UltimateVUFan
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

A little encouragement from MFD: "Everybody needs to relax.. we lost a couple dudes who don’t play, two 6’5 power forwards, an engineer who played basketball on the side & got a better shooting Tyrin in the portal already… just let the roster fill out" I mean…all well and good I suppo...
by UltimateVUFan
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is most likely about the money I see a few possibilities. Option 1: It's all about the money. Other schools can potentially offer more NIL money than we can. Option 2: It's about perception. Vandy has never been to a final 4. Vandy has not been to the elite 8 in over 50 years (thanks Jeff Gree...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it’s just me, but all these academic juniors leaving one year shy of a VU degree just seems shortsighted. I know that to some extent the quality of a degree is limited by your career goals. If you don’t plan to continue in academia in pursuit of an advanced degree, then a degree from another S...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I completely empathize with your perspective. To be fair, though, the NCAA is doing what the judicial system mandated they do with regards to NIL for players. It was ruled that players deserved the opportunity to capitalize on their NIL, and I do see the argument there, to be sure. But I’m also with...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CB Ja'Dais Richard in the portal

A shame, and a bit of a mystery. He had worked his way up the depth chart, and it didn't seem like he was going to have any trouble getting playing time this fall. Mystery? Nah. Worked his way into a starting role and was able to parlay it (or get poached) into NIL $. The reminders of how virtually...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trey Thomas in the portal

DoreRayMe wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:12 pm Thomas to Bowling Green per Twitter.
Must have been NIL related.
by UltimateVUFan
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

Nashmann wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:22 pm Are we that desperate? Sounds like weak prospect.
If he’s being recruited by Texas, he can’t be that weak of a prospect.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Kentucky 3

Yes! Great start to the bottom of the 9th.
Sac fly in play.
Or just go ahead and walk it off.
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Kentucky 3

Hell yes! Vastine with the big tying single!
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 02, 2023 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bigs

Here is Aziz Bandaogo: https://twitter.com/theportalreport/status/1653174928361889795?s=46&t=D49ntLmhyQvPB4ctPmX7WQ 7 footer from Utah valley that averaged 11 pts, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks per game That one. Sign that one. That interest list - if accurate - says all we need to know. EDIT: Also...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 03, 2023 2:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

Agreed. Auburn. Gimme a break. I hate the notion that he is playing against VU and for Pearl, who is unsavory in my eyes when it comes to doing things the right way. Stinks of shady poaching and sours my view of Lawrence, to boot.
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 04, 2023 11:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wish Stac would make a statement about all this. I'd like to know how he feels about all his best buddy players abandoning the team, the program, and him. I suspect - given his NBA lineage and coaching background - that Stack has a different perspective on this than old guard college coaches. Ros...
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 06, 2023 4:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Be “The Man” for a year, improve your game and then chase your dream. Another year in college, not at Auburn, can make you a first round pick. Auburn is loaded at guard and you will not get spotlighted. I hope you are speaking with our Nil Folks. Keep hope alive. This was my hope/thought all along....
by UltimateVUFan
Mon May 08, 2023 11:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i cannot speak for every dismissal but I do know that Stack suggested to at least one if not several of our guys that it might be a good idea to transfer. And also that $$ was the main reason for our highest profile departures. Yes it is a lot of turnover that goes against what we all love about co...
by UltimateVUFan
Mon May 08, 2023 6:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New transfer commit: Nyzier Fourqurean

You know what I like? A guy transfers and CCL has another coming in hot right behind that news that looks plenty capable. 1-1 out and in quick. Unlike the basketball program which is shall we say lose them, shock the fan base, and don't have a roster for 5-5 scrimmages Since you took the opportunit...