Search found 6 matches

Return

by HopsLikeHolwerda
Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

Quite possibly the best on-field coaching of Corbin's career. Honestly, we have some talent, but we should not have been close to 19 SEC wins with this roster. Just being honest. He did a great job. I do have one significant complaint, and it is becoming a trend; whether it is Brown or the strength/...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

Agreed. We definitely out-performed the talent level on this roster. That's a testament to the coaches. We've just had way too many misses in recruiting. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the new rules preventing contact with recruits prior to their junior year will save Corbs from himself....
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

Quick correction, Clark is from Franklin, Indiana. Max will be a high draft pick and will sign. I don't think there's any doubt about that one. Thomas White is interesting. He's definitely on the MLB radar, but there are rumblings that he will be a hard sign because of his Vandy commitment. This was...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

After watching the CWS this weekend, I noticed something interesting. TCU and Florida are the only two teams swinging Demarini. Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Stanford were all swinging Louisville Slugger. Oral Roberts swings Easton and Virginia swings Rawlings. LSU swings Marucci. After the implementa...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

Hops, from your summer/travel ball perspective, does the brand of bat make a significant difference? And what do you mean by "get hot as they age"? I'm assuming all of these high quality bats cost roughly the same; do the major college programs have to purchase the bats or do the companie...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big transfer pickup #2: IF Jayden Davis from Samford

geeznotagain wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:19 pm While we got a SoCon all-conference player, which is great, the Evil Urnge got the SoCon player of the Year, which stinks.
That was a draft leverage play. Odds are very high (I'd even say, almost certain) that Galanie never plays for the Vols.