Search found 15 matches

Return

by MemorialMagic
Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For those playing along at home, VU still has two remaining roster spots

Count me as one who is disappointed to see Trey and QMB leave. Fine if totally their decision. But I’m not okay with pushing them out. They’re not the most talented out there, but I think there is tremendous value in continuity and just good team guys. Would have rather seen them accept their roles ...
by OldDude
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

This is most likely about the money and ,yes, I would bet inappropriate contact as well. Whatever , I am sick of the whole mess and don't completely absolve the players. I cheer for the VU athletes because I believe, apparently somewhat incorrectly, that they are young people with their heads screwe...
by Jason94
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

Note that CJS is understanding that regardless of whether he likes the portal or NIL, he needs to be in the game. And he knows that he can get productive players from the portal who can come in and start immediately. He just can't rely on getting 1 per season and probably needs to grab 2 or 3 each y...
by Labradore
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

I will point out that 6’6” is arguably the perfect basketball height… think of the Chicago Bulls teams that started 4 6’6” guys and a center for multiple championships (Rodman, Harper, Jordan, Pippen, plus whoever)… I’m being a little tongue-in-cheek, but it really is the size that conceivably gives...
by commadore
Wed May 10, 2023 10:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lost in all the talk of last night's game

Was the performance of winning pitcher, David Horn. Going into last night he had pitched a total of 8 innings and had given up 9 runs. So what did he do? Pitched three scoreless innings, giving up one hit and no runs. Yes, he also walked three, but he got out of jams and, I think, earned the right t...
by Ndorefin
Sat May 13, 2023 1:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

Paul Eels did a great job in the late 60s and was a truly fine gentleman!
by geeznotagain
Thu May 25, 2023 10:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Florida in Hoover thread

Now 0-7 against Vitello and O'Sullivan for the year. Nauseating.
by UltimateVUFan
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unofficial chatter

Trey Thomas is right were he needs to be,or less. I mean. I suppose. I also don’t see any reason to bash the kid. He gave his all for VU for several seasons. Got recruited over, which is good for the program. Still. I would have loved to see him have the opportunity to earn his VU degree. Seemed li...
by roanoke
Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:00 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

waking up 1-0

Here come a number of stream of consciousness ramblings: Last year we beat Hawaii 63-10. This was a bit of a revenge game for them. Also, the score was a bit misleading: close at half, followed by 2 defensive scores and 2 breakdowns where Wright scampered for miles. Like 28-0 free points. Last night...
by commadore
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Clark Lea, players postgame press conference, coverage from various outlets

Our defensive line looked good in practice in the pass rush because they were going against our offensive line. Our offensive line in the running game looked good because they were going against our defensive line. Bottom line, they both stink. Need some upgrades FAST.
by BrentVU
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Clark Lea, players postgame press conference, coverage from various outlets

The game ball went to De'Rickey Wright, whose two interceptions twice bailed out Vandy... those two plays were both highlight reel plays... if you know his story, this moment was quite heart-warming.

by Nashmann
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Clark Lea Hawaii postgame press conference De'Rickey Wright and Jayden McGowan postgame press conference Dear gosh Brent...can VU not afford a cordless mic to pass around to those asking questions??? Not hearing the questions asked has been a problem for years!!! Such a simple thing to fix. This ha...
by dore83
Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm At A Loss

My concern was that once we went up 35-14 we went into Jeff Fisher (and those who have followed him with the Titans) mode. Milk the clock and try not to lose. I've always hated that strategy and can't really think of many teams who have prospered in the long run with that approach.
by commadore
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anfernee Orji fails to make Saints 53-man roster

Sucks. Why do a big story on him if you are going to cut him. Another reason to hate the NFL.
by geeznotagain
Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The first great college football game of 2023: Colorado 45, TCU 42

Unfortunately (for me at least), a ringing endorsement of ravenous sucking from the transfer portal teat.