Search found 34 matches

Return

by MrMemorial
Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:49 pm If he signs with Vandy, he would be the third player in this class in the swingman size range (6-6/6-7). (Not saying their games are all alike, however.)
To save others time, his offer list includes:

Arizona State
TCU
Texas
Houston
LSU
Okie St.
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
SMU
by MrMemorial
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like having a big incoming class at this point. We need one of those. A new broom sweeps clean, they say.
by dallasdore
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Myles Stute commits to South Carolina

This was all very NIL related. Here is the story I got... The Vanderbilt Collective offered Stute a deal that if he signed with another SEC team, they will sponsor him by paying $200 per missed 3 point shot and an additional $100 for each time he let a ballhandler blow by him. He figured hey, I can ...
by OldDude
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If he signs with Vandy, he would be the third player in this class in the swingman size range (6-6/6-7). (Not saying their games are all alike, however.) To save others time, his offer list includes: Arizona State TCU Texas Houston LSU Okie St. Ole Miss Texas A&M SMU Thanks for this. I really p...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:40 pm
commadore wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:30 pm Do we know what time he is deciding?
No word yet.
Although his father started following me on Twitter today, so that's a good sign.
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jason94 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:37 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 pm
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:40 pm

No word yet.
Although his father started following me on Twitter today, so that's a good sign.
That is probably more accurate than the crystal ball! OTOH, maybe he just likes your tweets?
5,000 bots can't be wrong.
by Jason94
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

COMMITTED! ANCHOR DOWN! (on Twitter) https://vanderbilt.rivals.com/news/vanderbilt-lands-malik-presley?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly90LmNvLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALXetEtlhXGKq3T7VGVLYkBc5qv8h1uUJfvew1Fws33ltKklmjN4CgDlSw5PLwhLW3n27NbBRaSN0w_tcIH9qFtWadRe_z3eM1yJnFxHhRyEcz-FY4X0vu4H...
by historybill
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I'm with you. I hate it. During the Stallings years, there were a lot of fine young men who played for Vanderbilt for 4 years (or at least 3) who my son and I got to know at the games and basketball camps and such. I've got photos of my son with Jeff Taylor, Lance Goulborne, Festus Ezeli and John Je...
by MrMemorial
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

It's hard to know who or what to blame. Heck, every one of these transfers could represent unique individual circumstances. Malik Dia and Noah Shelby obviously didn't leave for NIL opportunities at Belmont and Rice, respectively. Neither did QMB or Trey Thomas, and I kind of doubt Myles Stute left ...
by Vandamnit
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB in the transfer portal

Why do you think that it is no longer a "graduate education decision"? Perhaps completing a second masters or moving into a doctoral program.... He has to be a grad student to play.
by commadore
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, there is no difference in these athletes and everyone else in their generation. They want a job where they can work from home, start at $75 an hour, play with the cat and watch some tv during work hours. If someone pushes back, they quit and sit at home collecting their unemployment until ...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mathguy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm

Honestly, this was an eye roll post for me (sorry commadore). People have been complaining about the lazy shiftless younger generation literally since the time of Aristotle (seriously, you can look it up and find the quotes from Aristotle).

What was Aristotle's take on NIL and the portal?
by charlestonalum
Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trey Thomas in the portal

Thomas to Bowling Green per Twitter. Bowling Green State U ? They are ranked in a tie at #263 national universities. I really don't want to diss the school (I'm from that area of the country), but the campus itself is not in a garden spot or area for great social life (20 miles to Toledo). Surely T...
by Foreverhopeful
Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

Disu is going back to Texas.
by geeznotagain
Thu May 04, 2023 6:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:17 pm Committed to Texas.
But I bet we were his second favorite school.
by Vandysmith
Fri May 05, 2023 6:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Reportedly visiting: Arkansas transfer Derrian Ford

If you don't get to play you don't score.
by shelbz75
Fri May 05, 2023 11:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

This take may not be received well but I honestly have a hard time being that mad at him. He provided some great moments for us and I will always appreciate that. I personally hope at this point he does well enough at the G-League combine that that outweighs the offer at Auburn from their NIL. I can...
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 06, 2023 4:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Be “The Man” for a year, improve your game and then chase your dream. Another year in college, not at Auburn, can make you a first round pick. Auburn is loaded at guard and you will not get spotlighted. I hope you are speaking with our Nil Folks. Keep hope alive. This was my hope/thought all along....
by Hutch37
Mon May 08, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

i cannot speak for every dismissal but I do know that Stack suggested to at least one if not several of our guys that it might be a good idea to transfer. And also that $$ was the main reason for our highest profile departures. Yes it is a lot of turnover that goes against what we all love about col...
by buffy
Tue May 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't know how you can sugar coat the fact that we are arguably going into next year with less talent, experience, and hope than at any time as a VU fan sans 1 or 2 years. You're welcome to take this position, but I just don't buy it. I see a badass coach learning to adjust to the conditions in f...