Search found 17 matches

Return

by VandyJim
Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vandy Offers Ava Black

Ava Black is posting on her Twitter that she has an offer from Vanderbilt. Ava is a 5'11" guard (class '24) at Tabor Academy in Massachusetts. She plays AAU for the Bay State Jaguars. On a personal note, I coach AAU for the Jaguars and have had the opportunity to be in the gym a lot with her an...
by VandyJim
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy Offers Ava Black

Looks like Ava had an official visit. Keep our fingers crossed.
by VandyJim
Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Madison Greene named Ohio Ms. Basketball finalist

Not sure if this was posted already, but I found this as I was looking up Vandy's '23 incoming recruits. The article mentions Beth Ostendorf too, which brought back some good memories.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pickerington-c ... 40428.html
by VandyJim
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Madison Greene named Ohio Ms. Basketball finalist

Hi Mike I'm super excited about the five recruits coming in next season. I've been reading a lot about them and watching videos. They all bring something unique, different. We're going to be bigger and more athletic up front, and our guards will be excellent, especially if our injured players are fu...
by VandyJim
Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Madison Greene named Ohio Ms. Basketball finalist

Exactly. Like most of the kids in our aau program, the Bay State Jaguars, Bollin values education. I think that's why she chose Duke originally. She left Duke because she wanted to play, actually get on the floor and contribute. Duke, like so many top schools now, is leaning to the portal to grab pl...
by VandyJim
Fri May 05, 2023 3:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just thinking ahead

Like Mike and others I continue to check the internet to find any information I can about transfers and our incoming recruits. And honestly, with Pissott and Oliver transferring through the portal, I'm even more excited than I was several weeks ago when thinking about our 5 incoming recruits. I'm im...
by VandyJim
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Dull Answer to an Interesting Question

Well said, Mike. Three things to guard our optimism: 1. As you mentioned, this team is very young, which means they will be making mistakes in games in an incredibly brutal conference. Young teams will make mistakes ... but they will learn from them. 2. Because they are so young, they do not yet kno...
by VandyJim
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Agata Makurat Has Arrived

I cannot wait to see this team play. We have some talented new players, and if our injured guards return in full health, we should win 17 games this season and play more competitively against the elite schools in the conference. This is a huge year for this program.
by VandyJim
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Orlagh Gormley Receives Vandy Offer

I'm actually coaching younger kids in AAU now -- first time in 25 years I'm not coaching high school kids. My daughter is a fourth grader so I'm not around the Jags elite high school showcase teams this AAU season, so my information is limited. I have not spoken to Ava Jaye or family directly, but h...
by VandyJim
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Italy Trip - Practices begin soon!

I like the breakdown above Dorefan. I don't see Madison Greene ever playing small forward though with the size we have added. Perhaps she finds her way to a shooting guard at times. And I doubt Cambridge will play any forward either. We just have too much size now. Looking at the roster the way Dore...
by VandyJim
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ralph certainly has the depth to vary her starters. The lineup you mentioned would be 4 guards and 1 post. I like it. Ralph could also go with three guards, Washington, and another freshman post against bigger schools like SC and the Bayou Brats. I'm honestly at the point where I just want to get th...
by VandyJim
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd be surprised if Ralph used this strategy, but it got me thinking about the old days at UNC when Dean Smith had his "Blue Team" -- I think around the time of Phil Ford. The Blue team came in (5 subs) with the sole mission of wreaking havoc for 3-4 minutes. And it worked. I do agree that...
by VandyJim
Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 100 Days

Mike A huge thanks to you for keeping us so informed on this site. I'm so appreciative for all the information you share with us. And Go Vandy is so correct: A decade of frustration under Balcomb and White is over ... and it starts this season when our ladies take the floor. Just can't wait to see t...
by VandyJim
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ava Jaye Black Commits to Vandy

Well ... I am pleasantly surprised. She's going to help us!
by VandyJim
Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ava Jaye Black Commits to Vandy

I like the player. She's hard-nosed, gritty, unafraid to take the big shot. I think she will help the program, just not right away. And my fear is that with the portal so easily accessible, she may not stay. I actually feel that way about two of the magnificent seven Ralph has coming in this year. I...
by VandyJim
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eris Lester Has Vandy on Finalist List

I'd totally love to have Lester. Her crossover is ridiculous. Imagine if we got both Blakes and Lester. How sweet would that be? Coach White ... boy, I'm not a fan. I see her coach a lot up here because I go to Sun games and see her on TV. Putting aside the personal stuff -- I have no knowledge abou...