Search found 145 matches

Return

by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(Premium) The Athletic: Maggie Corbin's giant role in the Vanderbilt program

A great story by Joe Rexrode, well worth your time: https://theathletic.com/4570011/2023/06/02/vanderbilt-baseball-maggie-corbin-tim-corbin/ The Corbin era of Vanderbilt baseball is not a coach and his supportive wife. It’s an equal partnership at the top. “She does everything in this program,” Vand...
by VUaskew
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think there are a variety of reasons for it, several of which you have already detailed. Some of them were obviously self-inflicted--examples include the aforementioned getting into it with fans on Twitter; the Joe Rexrode piece in The Athletic where he called out some fans' political leanings; t...
by MikeADore
Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cookout To Welcome Team and Families

Still no sign of Agata Makurat but I'm sure she's on the way.

by AuricGoldfinger
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New 2024 commitment: Antonio White

The three-star 6' 2.5" 170 lb. athlete from the Atlanta area committed on Twitter last night. He also has offers from Auburn, Georgia Tech, Indiana, UK, Louisville, Mississippi St, UNC, Pitt, Rutgers, and Texas A&M

https://247sports.com/player/antonio-white-46117444/
by rEvUrB
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think frustration with Stackhouse is in large part a reflection of the frustration with the programs itself and the growing angst that maybe our best days are behind us. The downhill slide started at the end of Stallings, nose dived under Drew and has been struggling to get its head above water si...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ven-Allen Lubin invited to Team USA U19 training camp

by MikeADore
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Work Begins

Gotta admit, this gives me a little bolt of excitement.

by Jason94
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Season

My biggest fear is we start off slow once again as we learn to gel with all the new faces and experience. A slow start could once again prevent us from going to the dance. We will have to wait and see. I really like Stack and I am pulling for him, but this is year 5. He needs to find a way to start...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trinity Wilson announces her commitment to Vandy

6-3 center from Lakeville North High School in Minnesota. Vandy's first 2024 commitment.
by Seadog73
Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And he finishes well, as low Am

Final round 69, tied for 39th, low am, 9 strokes ahead of the next low amateur. Also ahead of the fellow who finished as low am at the Masters, former Fed Ex champ Billy Horschel, former Masters Champ Patrick Reed, former U S Open Champ Gary Woodland, and others.
by DoreFan49
Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jaloni Cambridge To Set Top 7

I dont think we need to take this as a definite rejection of consideration of Vanderbilt by Jaloni and the Cambridge family. My guess is that these are 7 schools she has picked for her official visits. I have read that beginning July 1, the NCAA is allowing an unlimited number of official visits but...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

Hops, from your summer/travel ball perspective, does the brand of bat make a significant difference? And what do you mean by "get hot as they age"? I'm assuming all of these high quality bats cost roughly the same; do the major college programs have to purchase the bats or do the companie...
by BrentVU
Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here are your 2024 opponents

bernstml19 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:06 pm I just looked at this 2024 schedule. We are going to be pulverized.
It will be Year Four of the Clark Lea era. If the arc of improvement continues... maybe Vandy is in a position to do some of the pulverizing?
by BrentVU
Wed Jun 21, 2023 6:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gronk, Travis Kelce among TEs on Vandy campus today

For the second year in a row, Vandy is the host of an event Wednesday through Friday titled "Tight End University", a camp for tight ends that featured a number of famous NFL tight ends, including superstars Rob Gronkowski and Travis Kelce. Also on hand was Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen. Thi...
by VandyJim
Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Agata Makurat Has Arrived

I cannot wait to see this team play. We have some talented new players, and if our injured guards return in full health, we should win 17 games this season and play more competitively against the elite schools in the conference. This is a huge year for this program.
by Dsdore
Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Addition

Is he a walk on? Thought we were out of scholarships.
by katmai
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAME THE MID-MAJOR....

I don't see any need in kicking a man while he is down. It didn't work out for him at Vanderbilt, but I wish him nothing but the best unless he is playing Vanderbilt. He probably won't be invited back to LSU next year, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if someone took a flyer on him late in the d...