Search found 145 matches

Return

by mathguy
Wed May 24, 2023 7:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

So you admit we played poorly for the first two months (and even up until the Bama game where we got destroyed). then we picked it up over the last 14 games or so, but were not dominant during that stretch - we won a bunch of close games at home for the most part. I'm not following why the NET is s...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 24, 2023 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

Valid enough critique, but I still stand by the assertion that had VU played an easier schedule (say, on par with MSU’s abysmal preconference slate), they likely wouldn’t have suffered as many OOC losses. And they would’ve been fine come selection Sunday. Still waiting for that UK discrepancy explan...
by BrentVU
Thu May 25, 2023 2:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VU signee London Humphreys wins 2 state events at Spring Fling, places in two others

One coach has called him "the best athlete in the state of Tennessee." VU football signee London Humphreys, now a graduated senior from CPA, capped off his four-sport athletic career by winning two events at the Division II-AA state meet at MTSU, and placing in two others. Here were his re...
by geeznotagain
Fri May 26, 2023 11:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VU reportedly still out looking at transfer portal options

I know this sounds crazy - but we have so many players of Lawrence's basic profile (albeit none as experienced). If I could choose, I might take a legit big over Tylaw returning. They may fit Lawrence's basic profile, but I bet though don't perform nearly as well. Plus, he knows the offense. No, I ...
by Seadog73
Sat May 27, 2023 6:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MEN OFF TO A GOOD START

Tied for 4th after day one. Need to make it to match play without exhausting themselves.

https://vucommodores.com/sherwood-sparks-commodores/
by UltimateVUFan
Sat May 27, 2023 4:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Florida 2nd game SECT Thread

Reports of VU’s death due to lack of pitching depth have been greatly exaggerated.
by commadore
Sat May 27, 2023 8:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am pleased to announnce ...

That I just finished a big ole double helping of crow. As in my earlier statement, tonight I beat Bob Gibson. Didn't think we had a chance. Obviously the team had other ideas. Congrats, guys. Go get 'em tomorrow!
by dallasdore
Sun May 28, 2023 11:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In a year in which the SEC is the best EVER in baseball, a chance to win the tourney

Likely 4 National Seeds, perhaps 3 other regional hosts and 10 total NCAA teams seeded #1 or #2. Yes. Best EVER in college baseball. The Oakland (formerly KC) Athletics and Kansas City Royals should be relegated to the SEC. The A's lose enough games as is, please don't wish this upon them. :lol:
by mtnvandy
Sun May 28, 2023 1:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SECT CHAMP GAME CONTEST

Pick winner & TOTAL runs

Tie breaker: Pitcher credited with Win
by quasidiehardvandyfan
Sun May 28, 2023 2:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Head spinning, please reorient

Here's my understanding of next year's landscape, which is just about solidified. I put it in order of expected minutes played per position, though I think it's likely we see guys move around (Colin Smith at the SF position, Tasos at the 4, possibly Evan Taylor off the bench, etc). PG - Ezra Manjon,...
by oakparkDore
Sun May 28, 2023 4:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

Schultz has been absolutely outstanding!
by Commodorable
Sun May 28, 2023 6:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

I LOVE keeping up with you guys before, during, and after the games. I can’t wait to buy my Championship shirt. It’s funny. My husband is a Maryland Terp fan and they won the Big Ten tournament a few minutes before we won ours. Their shirt is already up. Where’s ours??? Looking forward to the 11:00 ...
by roanoke
Sun May 28, 2023 8:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to RJ Austin

SECT Most Outstanding Player

We had a lot of guys step up!!

The bottom of the lineup did a lot of damage. Keep it going!!!
by MikeADore
Tue May 30, 2023 12:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Vandy Offers Olivia Vukosa

vandyfan52 found this offer to one of the rising stars in the class of ’26. She’s Olivia “Big O” Vukosa from Christ the King in New York City, and she plays in one of the Vandy staff’s favorite summer programs, Philly Rise. That’s the program that gave us Ryanne Allen and Justine Pissott. Vukosa is ...
by BrentVU
Tue May 30, 2023 2:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's almost football camp season... and hopefully, commitment season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxZGn-mWABkXRSG?format=jpg&name=small Vandy's summer football camps get underway this Sunday, and there will be five of them in the month of June. It's an important time in the coaches' calendar. A number of prospects use this time to make their official visits, and ...
by Michidore
Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snedeker Returns to PGA Tour

Here is a link to an article from the Tennessean: https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2023/05/31/brandt-snedeker-returns-pga-tour-after-9-month-layoff/70273846007/ A quick summary: Brandt was diagnosed in 2016 with a problem with his sternum. He had been getting stem cell treatments in South Ame...
by admin
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Photo renditions of baseball renovations

new baseball-1.png
new baseball-2.png
new baseball-3.png
new baseball-4.png
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

by historybill
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

I know that it is rightfully difficult for some of us "old schoolers" to deal with the transfer portal and the emotional roller coaster it put fans through... but.. Just know that normal students don't have to publicly "declare" that they are in the transfer portal... they just s...