Search found 145 matches

Return

by dorepleganger
Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ray Davis disses Nashville in KSR interview

I would think from a player like Ray Davis’ perspective, the pro sports teams would be more of something to complain about instead of country music. I can’t see how country music has any negative impact on Vanderbilt sports teams at all. It would have been nice to hear him publicly acknowledge appr...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Strange time to be playing a football game against Hawaii

Good news here:
by BrentVU
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: DC Nick Howell, LBs Coach Lezynski, DBs Coach Jackson talk after Wed. Aug. 16 practice

Coach Lezynski mentioned Nicholas Rinaldi, and the interviewer asked a follow-up question about him... he's another one of those really great walk-on stories... the interviewer is not too well-informed; Rinaldi only started playing HS football TWO years ago, but last year Barton Simmons invited him ...
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely the BIGGEST gets in this year's freshman recruiting class

While others are excited about young guns Junior Sherrill & London Humphreys at WR... drooling over Sedrick Alexander and A.J. Newberry at RB... I'm quietly very excited about Ted Gregoire and De'Marion Thomas, the two bookend interior defensive linemen that Vandy signed last December. Gregoire,...
by historybill
Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Story about VU alum who probably died in a Soviet gulag

Grew in in Nashville, graduated from East High School, did 2 years in the engineering school and then went off to war: https://www.williamsonherald.com/features/w_life/the-missing-pilot-and-the-old-pennies/article_fe0abe20-3dd6-11ee-a616-0f0eada8a7a2.html I'm posting it here because I don't think ei...
by vandy67
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2023 season underway

SV# Vandy opened the season with a 3-1 win over the Mocs on Thursday.
Next up, hosting UMass Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m.
by charlestonalum
Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:04 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We have scoreless draw

[ :twisted: tough draw vs. U Mass. Chances to score but don't. We outshot them 23-4 but...
by FayetteDore
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Honolulu: Warriors can expect triple-digit temperatures in Tennessee for season opener

The best parts are the quotes from the VU players, including this one from Bradley Ashmore: Ashmore noted that concerns for Maui transcend state lines. “We’re all a big community,” Ashmore said. “We’re a football family and we’re also a human family. We’re all connected. When our brothers and sister...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A tradition unlike any other...the official VandyMania pick 'em is back!

Here’s how it works. (The same way it's worked every year, since we started doing this sometime back in the 1970s.) Each week I post a handful of games for your prognosticating pleasure. This includes the Vandy game along with a few others of interest as selected by me. Your job is to pick the winne...
by freckles
Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alumni no longer allowed to use VU libraries on weekends

Since I found the outrage curious, I submitted a question via the link Dores137 provided and asked if there were weekend restrictions to alumni library access. I received a response in less than 5 minutes: "Alumni are welcome all hours that library is open. You will need a new proximity ID card...
by BrentVU
Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hustler profile of A.J. Swann; VUCommodores profiles Jaylen Mahoney

Player profiles have been mostly absent this year; the Tennessean certainly isn't doing them. The Hustler did this one on A.J. Swann, which is almost a player profile... Hustler: QB AJ Swann is built to be Vanderbilt’s signal-caller AJ Swann enters his sophomore season with lofty expectations, hopin...
by Seadog73
Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I heard, from a credible source...

My pregame party is at home and I promise I am keyed up for the game.
by Junnah
Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Conclusions

1) the Ol has QUITE a bit of work to do. They imposed………….not a lot. 2)) 25 coaches plus 25 staff, per the VU site. Wow. There is no lack of resources but I didn’t see a QB coach listed and Swann’s performance was, to this person who has never played QB outside of street ball, underwhelming, matchin...
by BrentVU
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Clark Lea, players postgame press conference, coverage from various outlets

The game ball went to De'Rickey Wright, whose two interceptions twice bailed out Vandy... those two plays were both highlight reel plays... if you know his story, this moment was quite heart-warming.

by FayetteDore
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am glad we won, BUT...

In the mindset of focusing on the positives and appreciating a win which is no gimme - I wasn't surprised at all by this. Honestly, they found a way to win despite really being outplayed and outcoached which is something. I picked a one touchdown game because I figured Hawaii would be leaps and bou...
by Starkiller
Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I wouldn't save any money for bowl tickets

Go Vandy! wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:09 am So the fans predicting 10-2 were probably over-optimistic?
No, just dyslexic
by BrentVU
Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ten observations on Vandy’s 35-28 WIN over Hawaii

1. The season started with a bit of Déjà VU… (sigh) a lightning delay. Star Walk got canceled. Fans, who had already arrived early due to all the construction chaos, were forced to take refuge before the game and huddle together, before being allowed to find their seats, in the rain. (Sigh) Let’s fa...
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gentry Estes: At Clark Lea's VU football practice, a 'great team' can exist after Hawaii

OK, I've cracked on the Tennessean for not having any player profiles, but Aria Gerson has a nice one today on walk-on receiver Richie Hoskins... more of these, please...

Tennessean: How Richie Hoskins' road from Division III to Vanderbilt football walk-on culminated in first catch
(by Aria Gerson)
by commadore
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please help ID two Vandy players

Terry Compton was great at using the backboard. 15 feet, 25 feet, if it was at an angle, he banked it.