Search found 26 matches

Return

by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:13 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dangerous midweek matchup tonight

Indiana State is 11-1 in the Missouri Valley Conference and just swept Belmont in Nashville. They have some good non-conference wins (although they did get swept by UK), and are 22-12 overall. The Sycamores have traditionally given Vanderbilt fits over the years (VU needed two late errors in the 11t...
by Versus75
Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

For me, the big problem with the thanks button is that it temporarily opens up a new page showing that you've thanked the poster. It's a pain in the butt. Dang! You're right, as usual. Not doing that again. EDIT PS to Don: After you get that changed back, can you work on restoring the Star-V logo?
by Levon
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Other SEC teams that lost last night

.. .include LSU (8-5 to Louisiana), Tennessee (12-5 to TN Tech) and Alabama (4-3 to UAB). Elsewhere around the country last night... - 3 of 4 ranked PAC 12 teams lost: Sacramento State 15-Stanford 13; UC Irvine 12-UCLA 4; Portland 10-Oregon 9 - #12 Louisville lost to Indiana, 7-3 - #15 Connecticut ...
by shelbz75
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

This won't be taken well by all on here but the fact is we better get serious about NIL or we need to just go ahead and join the MAC or AAC. This will keep on happening especially in football and basketball, baseball is the only program on campus that can deal with it somewhat but I am afraid its go...
by charlestonalum
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't Get Too Giddy

UK is a huge test and our guys have exams just to add a little more challenge. Rooting for them in person Friday. Go Dores.
by 3rdFloorDyer
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This weekend has me a little down so…

… I think I’ll head over to the basketball forum.
by commadore
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, there is no difference in these athletes and everyone else in their generation. They want a job where they can work from home, start at $75 an hour, play with the cat and watch some tv during work hours. If someone pushes back, they quit and sit at home collecting their unemployment until ...
by VUaskew
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:01 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes, this is an instant gratification society we live in. No one wants to work for anything.
by vandy05
Mon May 01, 2023 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: D1 Baseball sucks.

And they really stunk up the joint last week when they only dropped us one spot when we got swept by an unranked UT team when we also went 0-4 for the week (sarcasm alert).

I think we ought not complain all that much.
by nyyankeeDore
Tue May 02, 2023 9:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Georgia State at 7:00 today

commadore wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:09 am
nyyankeeDore wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 am My ticket indicates that tonight's game is at 6:00pm CDT.
You are correct. I was looking at the SEC sit which, for some damn reason, gives times in the eastern time zone.
When you live in flyover county, you have to learn to interpret.
by commadore
Tue May 02, 2023 9:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Georgia State at 6:00 today

Yeah, and after radical sinus surgery I'm working with half a deck. Ha.
by BrentVU
Wed May 03, 2023 9:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VU News: VU helps Nate Clifton launch lifelong journey of self-discovery

Nate Clifton has lots of dreams when it comes to his future. As a medicine, health and society graduate of the College of Arts and Science, this member of the Class of 2023 will continue his studies, returning in the fall for a one-year master’s program in learning, diversity and urban studies at t...
by VUaskew
Wed May 03, 2023 2:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

I would love to know what CJs thinks about this. I wish he would come out and say something publicly about all these defections, and potential poachings.
by admin
Tue May 09, 2023 12:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christian Little

I wish him well.
by oakparkDore
Wed May 10, 2023 7:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

I’ve seen various folks complaining about Devon Travis and the ACC Network crew, and they’re not wrong. So much ACC propaganda, among other things.

But I listened to our radio broadcast for the early innings and I’ll take the ACC Network over Allegretta. Bring back Joe!
by charlestonalum
Fri May 19, 2023 7:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"They're pressing," Tim Corbin said afterward. "I can see it, you can see it."

Thus says our Coach, and he is right. Relax, have fun, and win! Easier said than done. They have to realize it is only a game and they are good at it.
by dorelover82
Fri May 26, 2023 8:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

First,, you thanks to Corbs for all the wonderful years and those ahead. First, we must understand that by all measures, the fastball of today is not the fastball of yesteryear. MLB has a great documentary on Youtube called the Fastball. Check out the facts. Stalker II measures the fastball 7 miles ...
by Versus75
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

I guess Aria forgot to mention the "who's coming" part of the article. There will be at least a couple VERY GOOD players. Corbin attracts talent much the same way as John Calipari in Men's Basketball: Players know the coach gives them a boost up to the Big Leagues. * Nearly 40 players in ...
by katmai
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAME THE MID-MAJOR....

I don't see any need in kicking a man while he is down. It didn't work out for him at Vanderbilt, but I wish him nothing but the best unless he is playing Vanderbilt. He probably won't be invited back to LSU next year, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if someone took a flyer on him late in the d...
by fldore
Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Chase Burns in the portal

I am just glad he is leaving UT because he is a good pitcher and that loss hurts their team. I don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but on the surface, this appears to be a rather surprising move. I heard Vitello say that they have known about this for a while (not sure how long that is)...