Search found 26 matches

Return

by Silverbird73
Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

Paul Lewis was also a late commit last year without all the “stars” and hype of our higher profile recruits. His contribution as a backup point guard was a definite plus last year. I trust our staff with player evaluation more than the recruiting “experts” online.
by dore74
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

Two new recruits and a new assistant coach—how’s he gonna find time to coach the Pistons.

Great to have Stack full speed ahead!!!!
by UltimateVUFan
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

Nashmann wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:22 pm Are we that desperate? Sounds like weak prospect.
If he’s being recruited by Texas, he can’t be that weak of a prospect.
by UltimateVUFan
Thu May 04, 2023 11:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

I wish Stac would make a statement about all this. I'd like to know how he feels about all his best buddy players abandoning the team, the program, and him. I suspect - given his NBA lineage and coaching background - that Stack has a different perspective on this than old guard college coaches. Ros...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

Upgraded to a four-star by 247 Sports today in their final end-of-season evaluations:

by Dorewithaflare
Sat May 06, 2023 6:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alan Espinal

This guy brings ENERGY to the game.
by Vandamnit
Tue May 09, 2023 9:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cycle of panic on Vandymania

Greetings fellow VandyFans (and Mrs. Drew), I've been checking regularly on this board for positive "news" for our next-year's team. I would have to describe many posts as quite despairing. It is clearly a bummer to see folks leave, but I have observed that "the collective" has h...
by roanoke
Sun May 28, 2023 3:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

Vastine delivers a sparkler.

Reilly had really good stuff, but has gotten wild.

3 wild pitches score a runner who singled.

A two out, 2 strike wild pitch really hurts. The only consolation is that kid should have scored on the grounder to Vastine…

4-2 now.
by Obvious
Wed May 31, 2023 9:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Don’t engage with the troll.
by Foreverhopeful
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:48 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t engage with the troll. Not trolling. Just speaking facts. The only reason everybody is freaking out is because we lost 10 other players over the years that would have been better had they stayed or we recruited better on our misses. players like tyrin are a dime a dozen 3 years in now with th...
by Nashmann
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

187 is a clown.....always has negative posts against the team & coaches. Just leave and follow another team!!
by Jason94
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t engage with the troll. Not trolling. Just speaking facts. The only reason everybody is freaking out is because we lost 10 other players over the years that would have been better had they stayed or we recruited better on our misses. players like tyrin are a dime a dozen 3 years in now with th...
by Gtwjr
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by VUaskew
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think there are a variety of reasons for it, several of which you have already detailed. Some of them were obviously self-inflicted--examples include the aforementioned getting into it with fans on Twitter; the Joe Rexrode piece in The Athletic where he called out some fans' political leanings; t...
by buffy
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our problem, generally, is that we're a-holes. We want to win right the heck now. Turns out, it's really hard. Our coach didn't have the luxury of learning college coaching as an assistant. He jumped in the deep end. It's a hell of a learning curve for a new head coach. It's even crazier if you thro...
by Foreverhopeful
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am a big Stackhouse supporter and we are lucky to have him. The issues with our beat writer have to do with the fact that she started out as an idiot and is about 20 years old. She knows her baseball but is just really ramping up on the other sports. She asked Stack stupid questions and he wasn't ...
by commadore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our problem, generally, is that we're a-holes. We want to win right the heck now. Turns out, it's really hard. Our coach didn't have the luxury of learning college coaching as an assistant. He jumped in the deep end. It's a hell of a learning curve for a new head coach. It's even crazier if you thr...
by LawoftheWest
Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that Stack is an outstanding coach. Note, I did not say the best in college basketball. Everyone has faults and weaknesses. Posters sometimes want to point out Stack's. Is there any poster on this board who will claim they are perfect, without fault? I hope no one has that fantasy. Over time...
by Versus75
Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must not have juiced our balls enough …

… because despite the 42-20 W-L record and scoring 50% more runs than our opponents, Vanderbilt only won the home run derby 76-74.

VU season stats:
https://vucommodores.com/wp-content/upl ... rall-3.pdf
by vutrain
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: uut still winless all-time in Omaha?

It is sad watching butt-hurt Vandy fans try to feel better about themselves by downgrading UT when we couldn’t make it to Omaha. Excuse me, I have hated the sour orange since 1962 and nothing has changed ...nor will it. I've always said if the university fell into the Tennessee River, I'd spit in t...