Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chantelle the GOAT

by Levon
Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SC vs Vandy Game 1

Quality pitching depth doesn't mean everyone is a weekend SEC starter. Quality pitching can be for a couple innings or even a couple hitters. The problem comes when your SEC weekend starters whom you depend on for 6-7 strong innings every start go down. Now the guy who may otherwise be counted on to...
by GoheenFan88
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VU and 11 other SEC teams…

Seadog73 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:02 pm If only Tennessee can find a way to be left out.

We can help them out with that next week
by UltimateVUFan
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Move Maldonado up

Nick is a relief guy. He’s where he needs to be. And I think Corbs might know more about baseball than the rest of the board combined. Certainly more about how to manage his team.
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

I also just now noticed that the number of "likes" each of us had prior to this change has been replaced on the profile data under our avatars over to the right of our posts. Now it lists the number of people we have thanked, and the number of people who have thanked us. Drat! I was proud...
by VandyManners
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerous midweek matchup tonight

That loss may have been a blessing in disguise. I will take the mid-week thumping if it fires up Corbs the Vandy Boys heading to Knoxville this week. Let's not just go to Knoxville and win. Let's go to Knoxville and dominate...bring out the bats, the brooms, and the whistler. Time to take back the s...
by historybill
Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SC run rules florida

Petry had a 3-run homer for South Carolina, and the freshman now has NINETEEN home runs.

Good grief, kid.

At one point does everyone just intentionally walk the guy?
by OldDude
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SC run rules florida

historybill wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:57 pm Petry had a 3-run homer for South Carolina, and the freshman now has NINETEEN home runs.

Good grief, kid.

At one point does everyone just intentionally walk the guy?
Or talk him into transferring ?

C'mon, just a thought.
by geeznotagain
Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy vs Tennessee Game 1

I think Bulger stands too far away from the plate. Can only wave at outside pitches.
by cjdore
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:51 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does this mean the season is over?

It has been a long time since I was this disappointed with this team AND Coach....Team for mailing in their bats with a grand total of 9 runs in 3 games. Coach for not making adequate adjustments. After scoring a grand total of 4 runs in 1st 2 games, CTC makes the pivotal alignment change to put Pol...
by geeznotagain
Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For those playing along at home, VU still has two remaining roster spots

I just ran an errand. Went to the cleaners and back. Gone about 20 minutes. Anyone else left while I was gone?
by vandybrad
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:32 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: This weekend has me a little down so…

I wouldn't have cared if it was Tech, or MTSU or even Peay, anyone but the cheats on the hill.
by vandybrad
Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

After playing and coaching the greatest game ever invented, at 62 years old I absolutely despise the NCAA and what they have done to college basketball. This Transfer portal and NIL are the worst things ever and will be the destruction of college basketball. The only reason a kid should leave school...
by historybill
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I'm with you. I hate it. During the Stallings years, there were a lot of fine young men who played for Vanderbilt for 4 years (or at least 3) who my son and I got to know at the games and basketball camps and such. I've got photos of my son with Jeff Taylor, Lance Goulborne, Festus Ezeli and John Je...
by Jason94
Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:13 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

Note that CJS is understanding that regardless of whether he likes the portal or NIL, he needs to be in the game. And he knows that he can get productive players from the portal who can come in and start immediately. He just can't rely on getting 1 per season and probably needs to grab 2 or 3 each y...
by Versus75
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC reportedly split on scheduling format: 3-6 or 1-7

I vote:
Vanderbilt - Kentucky
Tennessee - South Carolina
by PeteFox
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does NIL work?

Currently, not very well. I will predict the future here..... Consider the history of major league baseball. In the early years, the teams owned the players in virtual involuntary servitude. As the $$$ grew, the players eventually organized and for a while were in charge. Finally the players organiz...
by Vandy187187
Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

Imagine if Schreck wasn't on this team this year? We'd probably be .500

Nobody is talking about this kid but man, he hits for average, he hits for power, he has a great eye at the plate. One of the best hitters at VU in a while.
by roanoke
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

I know modern baseball emphasizes and prioritizes home runs, but my goodness, what happened to choking up and going with the pitch? Diaz just struck out on a 3-2 pitch with a runner on 3rd and 1 out trying to pull a fastball on the outer half of the plate. I know I come from a different, long ago m...