Search found 88 matches

Return

by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 23, 2023 10:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

Never said VU played well in November and December. But they played a more challenging OOC schedule (98, according to kenpom) than several SEC teams that made the cut ahead of them who I argue shouldn’t have (particularly MSU with their #277 OOC schedule, head-to-head loss, and 4 fewer SEC wins). I ...
by Doreknox
Thu May 25, 2023 7:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tennessean reveals Clark Lea's' salary, severance paid to Derek Mason (premium)

Some of you are acting like this information is the formula for the atomic bomb. Google has already posted an excerpt of the article for the entire world to see. Lea's total comp: $3,051,881.00.
by oakparkDore
Sun May 28, 2023 5:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

It’s damned rewarding to be a Vanderbilt baseball fan.
by charlestonalum
Sun May 28, 2023 5:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC Championship: Vandy-Texas A&M

charlestonalum wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:13 pm Need double play to end this.
Just what we needed. CHAMPS
by roanoke
Sun May 28, 2023 8:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to RJ Austin

SECT Most Outstanding Player

We had a lot of guys step up!!

The bottom of the lineup did a lot of damage. Keep it going!!!
by dorelover82
Tue May 30, 2023 10:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Support for a 9-game SEC slate is reportedly waning

Sorry, I am late to the party and confused. IS the SEC doing away with divisions for sure? How could a Vandy fan be for 9? No way to make bowl.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 31, 2023 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good. This is a horrible take. Without Lawrence, we have NIT level talent. With him we should make the tournament. Why would you not want to have someone who helps the team make the touranment? Yah like dude is just tryna negot...
by Obvious
Wed May 31, 2023 4:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

This is a horrible take. Without Lawrence, we have NIT level talent. With him we should make the tournament. Why would you not want to have someone who helps the team make the touranment? Yah like dude is just tryna negotiate. College is a big bidniz. You know I'm declaring free agency when I'm a f...
by buffy
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

How 'bout an 'adda-boy' to Coach Stackhouse. We were all considering hara-kiri after the portal opened, and now we're clearly in better shape. I'm absolutely grateful and honored to have Mr. Stackhouse as our coach. The guy gives everything he has.
by MrMemorial
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Big Bad John Ingram

I know his family has almost singlehandedly kept Vanderbilt athletics afloat all these years, but he's decided that a renovated Fairgrounds Speedway would be too much "competition" for his Nashville SC Geodis Park and its not fair! He's fired off a letter to all the media outlets saying h...
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devin Futrell gets the start Friday

commadore wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:35 pm Starter for Eastern? Anyone?
Likely will be Ky Hampton-Matthews, who averages 5.5 innings per start. Hampton-Matthews has just 50 strikeouts in 87⅓ innings but only 25 walks allowed.
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think there are a variety of reasons for it, several of which you have already detailed. Some of them were obviously self-inflicted--examples include the aforementioned getting into it with fans on Twitter; the Joe Rexrode piece in The Athletic where he called out some fans' political leanings; th...
by LawoftheWest
Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that Stack is an outstanding coach. Note, I did not say the best in college basketball. Everyone has faults and weaknesses. Posters sometimes want to point out Stack's. Is there any poster on this board who will claim they are perfect, without fault? I hope no one has that fantasy. Over time...
by geeznotagain
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

True, it’s impossible to judge coaches from different eras. Skinner, in particular, because he coached before Black athletes were such a dominant force in our conference. But I’ll say this about Skinner’s teams. He coached the best passing teams of any VU team that I’ve ever seen. And his teams coul...
by Jason94
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK I'll go first in ranking our top 5 coaches: 1. Skinner 2. Fogler 3. Stackhouse 4. Newton 5. Stallings Anyone else have an opinion? Okay I'll play: 1. Fogler - he gets the nod over Skinner because I saw him, and he's here because we won a lot of games simply because he was the coach. Games that w...
by Ndorefin
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Based on results on the courts, there is no question Skinner is #1. Using that criteria, I would have to say Bob Polk (who preceded Skinner), was #2.
by MikenNashville
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Fayette I know you are Vanderbilt and UT fan which has no bearing on my statement but until franklin has publicly stated that he was wrong (or regretted) on poaching the players that Vanderbilt funded the recruitment process I have no empathy for and will not listen to his BS.
by historybill
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Here are your 2024 opponents

To many of us who grew up in the 10-team SEC, this obviously no longer even feels like an SEC schedule. We don't play EITHER Mississippi team OR Georgia OR Florida. Alabama won't play either Mississippi team either in 2024. Auburn doesn't play LSU. They need to just change the name of the conference...
by Go Vandy!
Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

BrentVU wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:00 amRutgers, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati
These are the type of schools we should be competing against. Not MTSU, UCF, Toledo. Like a previous staff.
by DS2001
Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New videoboard coming to the Gym next season

Spend that money for some AC!