Search found 91 matches

Return

by commadore
Tue May 09, 2023 6:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Levon wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:36 pm Terrific catch by Cards LF at the fence.

Is the broadcast color guy on the Louisville payroll? First time I recall ever listening to him...hopefully the last. He is not very good.

Sounds like a stoned surfer dude.
by commadore
Wed May 10, 2023 10:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lost in all the talk of last night's game

Was the performance of winning pitcher, David Horn. Going into last night he had pitched a total of 8 innings and had given up 9 runs. So what did he do? Pitched three scoreless innings, giving up one hit and no runs. Yes, he also walked three, but he got out of jams and, I think, earned the right t...
by commadore
Wed May 10, 2023 10:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:22 am The color guy last night...shouldn't be a color guy.
I LOVE IT!
by commadore
Fri May 19, 2023 7:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arky #2

Well, that didn't take long. 1-0.

And a major screw job by the umps.
by commadore
Fri May 19, 2023 7:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky 2

3-0 now. I'd say game over.
by commadore
Sat May 20, 2023 2:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Shouldn't that be a home run by last night's standards.

Can't believe our announcers didn't pick up on that with the boos from the crowd.
by commadore
Sat May 20, 2023 2:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Arky #3

Sac fly now makes it 2-0. Not the pitcher's fault. Damn. Just makes me mad.
by commadore
Tue May 23, 2023 8:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

AD* Quite possibly the best on-field coaching of Corbin's career. Honestly, we have some talent, but we should not have been close to 19 SEC wins with this roster. Just being honest. He did a great job. I do have one significant complaint, and it is becoming a trend; whether it is Brown or the stren...
by commadore
Wed May 24, 2023 12:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MODS: I would appreciate an explanation of...

MrMemorial wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:58 am Next time this site crashes, I want to be generously compensated. I insist with Bart Durham as my witness.

Signed,

Mr. N. Titled
I am a partner with the firm of Dewy, Cheatum, and Howe. We would be happy to represent you!
by commadore
Wed May 24, 2023 12:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Vandysports Podcast

If you can make OVER $100,000 a year, get a free education at a world class education, and be a star on your team, then you are doing better than 99% of the country. Take it!
by commadore
Thu May 25, 2023 12:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Auburn SECT

We win. Gators tomorrow. Need some payback there.
by commadore
Fri May 26, 2023 10:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I was encouraged by last night *

I fear part of Schreck's problem is he has no one behind him that the pitchers fear. A lot of time good hitters are somewhat protected by another good hitter in front of them. Thus they get better pitches to hit because the pitcher doesn't want to walk them with the next guy coming up. No one is afr...
by commadore
Fri May 26, 2023 4:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Support for a 9-game SEC slate is reportedly waning

I'd be happy to keep Ole Miss as a permanent rival.
by commadore
Sat May 27, 2023 8:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am pleased to announnce ...

That I just finished a big ole double helping of crow. As in my earlier statement, tonight I beat Bob Gibson. Didn't think we had a chance. Obviously the team had other ideas. Congrats, guys. Go get 'em tomorrow!
by commadore
Sun May 28, 2023 1:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pitcher vs aTm

A&M has used 10 pitchers and are starting a guy who threw 64 pitches and 2.1 innings Wednesday. Here are the totals: Wansing: 2 games, 8.2 innings, 116 pitches Aschenbeck: 2 games, 4 innings, 72 pitches Dettmer: 1 game, 2.1 innings, 64 pitches (today's starter)(3 hits, 3 walks, 1 hbp, 0 runs) Sd...
by commadore
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KICKOFF TIMES SET for first four games of 2023

4pm local kickoff in Vegas for the UNLV game. I'm not saying I'm going to Vegas for the social aspect, but that kickoff time will hopefully allow for some additional nightlife enjoyment after the game. I was really hoping for a noon local kickoff or 1pm, but this is much preferred to a 7pm local ki...
by commadore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Criminal Coaching

Ball State's coach has left the starter in well into the eighth inning. Losing 1-0 to Kentucky and has thrown 119 pitches. Finally taking him out.
by commadore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

Our problem, generally, is that we're a-holes. We want to win right the heck now. Turns out, it's really hard. Our coach didn't have the luxury of learning college coaching as an assistant. He jumped in the deep end. It's a hell of a learning curve for a new head coach. It's even crazier if you thr...