Search found 54 matches

Return

by TwoSaints
Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

He may be a good player but he is not listed anywhere on ESPN high school ratings, not even a 2 star as well as I can tell. I did see where Texas A&M wanted him so maybe he is a good pickup. I wouldn’t worry about that. ESPN has really slacked off in its coverage of high school recruits in rece...
by Levon
Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Carter & Reilly, members of the pitching staff with no depth (sorry), got 19 outs while facing only 22 hitters, with nothing even close to a scoring threat. Carter got 7 outs, Reilly 12, about what you would hope or expect to get from them, setting up Maldo the Elder to get the last 6 outs. Cart...
by BDR-Dore
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

We sit in 1st row in center field and Stone hit the wall hard right in front of us. Gutsy play to catch it off the wall and get it back into infield. They never really explained to the crowd what happened. Glad to see VandyBoys bounce back and win a big game. Hope to see them win the series tomorrow.
by commadore
Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have done ourselves proud

Now we need to sweep the evil viles.
by BrentVU
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:07 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: STRANGE LATE KARMA FOR THE EARL BENNETT EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION PENALTY

"The Baptists allow more dancing than Earl did after that touchdown." --Bobby Johnson
by cc11316
Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

I think you are referring to Jarred Hall from Lebanon. I have always liked the name Malik as it seems like yesterday Malik Evans was suiting up for the Dores (95-96' actually). I recall he had a pretty good senior year and one exceptional game against LSU (I think) where he scored 30.
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confirmed--there's a transfer commit

If I had to bet, it's Evan Taylor of Lehigh.

EDIT: It's Evan Taylor.
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:40 pm
commadore wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:30 pm Do we know what time he is deciding?
No word yet.
Although his father started following me on Twitter today, so that's a good sign.
by commadore
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SC run rules florida

13-3 in seven. Love to see florida's coach stew. SC scored 5 in the 6th after a bunch (5) of bases loaded walks and a hit.
In other news, Georgia beats Arkansas 6-5.
by alathIN
Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Where I disagree on this is going to college is not a job, it's an education. A multi-kabillion $ entertainment industry says no, you're wrong, it's a business. Beer companies and truck companies don't pay the equivalent of a small country's GDP for advertising on the nationwide broadcast of your f...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 02, 2023 4:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coastal Carolina transfer Josh Uduje to announce tomorrow

Starkiller wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:30 pm Was our last Brit John Amaechi?
AJ Ogilvy, if you consider all Aussies to be descendants of convicts sent there from the British Isles.
by doubledore9603
Thu May 04, 2023 7:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ze’Rik Onyema

I think the recruits hate the logo.
by commadore
Fri May 05, 2023 12:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second stadium construction live stream is up

If you squint really hard, it looks like the Colosseum in Rome. Tangentially, didja know the Coliseum could be emptied in 5-10 minutes? ...or 15 or 25... httpsQ://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=roman+coliseum+could+be+emptied+in+5+minutes#ip=1 You mean sort of like Neyland stadium...
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri May 05, 2023 3:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another rumored visit: Ven-Allen Lubin

He was a true freshman this year for the Irish, played in 28 games and averaged 17 minutes a game. Averaged 6.2 ppg on 58% shooting, and a relatively robust (for minutes played) 4.4 rebs. He's 6-8, 226 lbs and is from Orlando. Had a ton of offers coming out of high school. And, he did not invent the...
by Lynchsr
Sat May 06, 2023 10:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Commodore Caravan in Chicago

First I would like to say, the Vanderbilt marketing team nailed this event. Kevin Ingram was the event MC. There is no podcast or recording of this stop. Carter Hawkins, the Cubs GM, is a former Vandyboy ('07) and that was the connection for the event being held at 1914 Club inside Wrigley. Carter s...
by geeznotagain
Sat May 06, 2023 11:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Austin Martin

I ran across an update on Austin a couple of days ago. He is in the Twins organization, last played in Double A, where he had a sub-par year (batted .241). He is out with an elbow injury (sprained UCL) and there is no definite timetable when he will return. He missed some of last year as well with a...
by admin
Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Georgia up 8-4 on UT in the 5th

Georgia wins 9-4. Of course, the Vols passed on an opportunity to show some class by not shaking hands with the Bulldogs.
by Seadog73
Sun May 07, 2023 5:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DraftKings puts Vandy's O/U win total at 3.5

I think that's what they said last year. Wash, rinse, repeat. Lazy work.
by Levon
Tue May 09, 2023 10:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Corbs pushed all the right buttons in the 12th, though I didn't understand pinch hitting Espinosa with 1 out. He's a high-risk, high-reward hitter who strikes out a lot. Why not a lefty against the right-handed pitcher, or Maldo the Younger, a much better contact hitter. That move mystified me a bi...