Search found 19 matches

Return

by MemorialMagic
Tue May 02, 2023 4:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy’s actual approach to NIL

On the one hand, I'm hesitant to lay the blame for the recent wave of men's basketball roster departures entirely or even in large measure upon NIL, because most of the players we've lost are either headed to schools with fewer NIL opportunities, may have unique circumstances surrounding their depa...
by buffy
Mon May 08, 2023 9:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New transfer commit: Nyzier Fourqurean

The guys with a nose for the ball translate.
by OldDude
Mon May 08, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

Well, for the good of the team I hope he does come back, but even if he averages 50 a game, he will never be my favorite player because of this crap he has pulled. Having said that, I'm sure he will loose sleep over it. If he comes back and only averages 30 per game, all is forgiven. I would love t...
by Doreknox
Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The color guy last night

Allegretta takes some time, but because I always listen to the radio and watch muted TV, I have grown fond of Andrew. But it did take a year! He is very knowledgeable and does far more homework than Joe ever did. But Joe was easier to listen to, for sure. Andrew's biggest problem is he had to follo...
by roanoke
Sat May 13, 2023 10:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Slugfests

We can win slugfests, but we need discipline. We just beat Louisville 12-8 on the road. The issue is: our leadoff guys need to work counts (especially if the strike zone is a thimble) not hack at the first pitch. With two strikes we need to choke up, go for contact, and go with pitches instead of pu...
by ymtn64
Wed May 17, 2023 11:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Loyalty's great when it runs both ways. But when coaches can run off players as soon as they find someone they think is better, it's hard to blame the players for moving on when they find a better deal. And I'm not sure you can say "free education." Legit SEC athletes have rare talent, th...
by Go Vandy!
Wed May 17, 2023 2:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

So you're saying if there was NIL + transfer portal 50 years ago, no one would have taken advantage of it? There were "$100 handshakes" in the 50s, decades before it was legal. There would not have been an NIL back then. Yes, $50 handshakes, but NIL would have been taboo. $50 handshakes? ...
by Jason94
Mon May 22, 2023 6:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasos Kamateros

South Dakota transfer, 6'8". 240. 12.5/6.4.1.7, 40.1%3pt, 83%FT. PF/C, grad transfer Really good get - he is not that tall, but has good size, rebounded very well for a PF and has proven to be a good 3 pt shooter. Good stretch 4 option to go along with Smith and is just a 1 year player, so no ...
by Obvious
Mon May 22, 2023 6:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasos Kamateros

Minoadoc wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:51 pm South Dakota transfer, 6'8". 240. 12.5/6.4.1.7, 40.1%3pt, 83%FT. PF/C, grad transfer
Don’t let the high outside shooting percentage fool you, I’ve read he’s also a physical player. This is a great fit for us. Tyrin should be coming back any day now to fill the final spot.
by egbertsouse
Sat May 27, 2023 8:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I really don't like Florida

Add Louisville to the list.
by commadore
Sat May 27, 2023 8:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am pleased to announnce ...

That I just finished a big ole double helping of crow. As in my earlier statement, tonight I beat Bob Gibson. Didn't think we had a chance. Obviously the team had other ideas. Congrats, guys. Go get 'em tomorrow!
by quasidiehardvandyfan
Sun May 28, 2023 2:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Head spinning, please reorient

Here's my understanding of next year's landscape, which is just about solidified. I put it in order of expected minutes played per position, though I think it's likely we see guys move around (Colin Smith at the SF position, Tasos at the 4, possibly Evan Taylor off the bench, etc). PG - Ezra Manjon,...
by roanoke
Sun May 28, 2023 8:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations to RJ Austin

SECT Most Outstanding Player

We had a lot of guys step up!!

The bottom of the lineup did a lot of damage. Keep it going!!!
by Jason94
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Removing crutches

Perhaps the thing that has me most excited about next season deals with how CJS uses his roster and sets his rotations. I think that CJS really had a number of players that he trusted as they had been through some battles with him and then other players who for whatever reason hadn't earned that tru...
by Dsdore
Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Season

If Dort can be an effective defender without fouling that would be enough.
by dore74
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Serious allegations against Northwestern, Pat Fitzgerald

I was really bummed out to read this story. I have much respect for Northwestern football (and the University). I also think highly of Fitzgerald (much like I did of Paterno). We certainly had our horrific incident—and I’m still not sure how far that went up the leadership chain. So I’m not casting ...
by NateSY
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Serious allegations against Northwestern, Pat Fitzgerald

The whistleblower has now been quoted by the Daily Northwestern as wanting to “absolutely seek to get Fitz out of the Program”. Sorry I may be old and insensitive, but innocent until proven guilty means something. Allegations from someone with a motive, from the me first generation… just don’t carr...
by UltimateVUFan
Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unofficial chatter

Trey Thomas is right were he needs to be,or less. I mean. I suppose. I also don’t see any reason to bash the kid. He gave his all for VU for several seasons. Got recruited over, which is good for the program. Still. I would have loved to see him have the opportunity to earn his VU degree. Seemed li...