Search found 8 matches

Return

by charlestonalum
Thu May 18, 2023 8:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Our Chancellor gets it

The Charleston Vanderbilt Club had a very nice and well attended meeting with the Chancellor last night. He is the right guy to lead Vanderbilt and the message is "we want to be iconic" and not try to be "Harvard of the South." Most of his comments were about how to achieve this ...
by BrentVU
Tue May 30, 2023 2:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's almost football camp season... and hopefully, commitment season

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxZGn-mWABkXRSG?format=jpg&name=small Vandy's summer football camps get underway this Sunday, and there will be five of them in the month of June. It's an important time in the coaches' calendar. A number of prospects use this time to make their official visits, and ...
by BrentVU
Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

Here's something interesting... THREE freshman walk-ons on the roster are guys who played for the state runner-up MBA team last season. Two of them are defensive backs: Ty Bartholomew and Payne Daniel. A third is MBA's three-time state wrestling champion, Gabe Fisher. I recall that he's attending VU...
by commadore
Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (2024) Dontae Carter 6-2 172 WR/DB Cibolo-Steele, TX

Kid appears to have good hands, good footwork, good speed, and has his head together. Welcome again, Dontae.
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEC Media Days: LB Ethan Barr interview

Q. Ethan, good morning. ETHAN BARR: Morning. Q. Would you mind just kind of talking about the excitement of this team entering 2023 season and looking to build off of what you guys did last year? ETHAN BARR: Yeah, we're really excited. We have so many guys coming back, returning, especially on the d...
by FayetteDore
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea Q&A SEC Media Days full transcript (main media room)

Again, thanks for posting the full transcript. In addition to the specific information about players and the general overview of the program, three things really stand out to me: 1. Is there a more cerebral coach in the SEC? Who else would say something like this (in reply to the question about Texa...
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of thoughts after a day lurking at SEC Media Days

Well, so much for the concert on Broadway; a rain and lightning storm about 4 pm took care of that. But here are some ramblings on what did happen Tuesday... 1. What a torn-up mess downtown has become, with all the new buildings and cranes. I've never seen so many cranes, closed streets, and foundat...
by cc11316
Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am glad we won, BUT...

In the mindset of focusing on the positives and appreciating a win which is no gimme - I wasn't surprised at all by this. Honestly, they found a way to win despite really being outplayed and outcoached which is something. I picked a one touchdown game because I figured Hawaii would be leaps and boun...