Search found 28 matches

Return

by Versus75
Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

For me, the big problem with the thanks button is that it temporarily opens up a new page showing that you've thanked the poster. It's a pain in the butt. Dang! You're right, as usual. Not doing that again. EDIT PS to Don: After you get that changed back, can you work on restoring the Star-V logo?
by Versus75
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Next time …

… call Before U Dig
by Versus75
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second stadium construction live stream is up

I think Vanderbilt Stadium or whatever we called it two seasons ago emptied in 10-15 minutes after the ETSU game … and after the Temple game about 10 years ago.
by Versus75
Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC reportedly split on scheduling format: 3-6 or 1-7

I vote:
Vanderbilt - Kentucky
Tennessee - South Carolina
by Versus75
Mon May 01, 2023 4:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could be that the Florida pitcher ...

... who supposedly was suspended for 4 games got dinged worse because he was a starting pitcher who only pitches once per week. Or it could be that the announcers don't know what they are talking about like those who say a batter "flew out" rather than "flied out" or "hit a ...
by Versus75
Mon May 08, 2023 2:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commit Connor Cobb’s team DQ’d after no hitter

A. Rules are there for a purpose; they are not made to be broken. B. If you let 121 pitches go, then why not 121 or 122? C. The article said that the rule initially allowed a pitcher to finish with a batter when the pitch count reached 120, but that was changed a couple years later. D. The coaches k...
by Versus75
Tue May 09, 2023 7:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Louisville

Maldonado in the ninth!
by Versus75
Sat May 20, 2023 3:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

‘Dores have locked up a Bye …

… and #4 seed in the SEC Tournament with our Friday night win and other results.

Ole Miss (6-24) is out. The other team out will be among MSU, Georgia and Mizzou. I haven’t looked at tiebreakers.

SEC Standings:
https://www.warrennolan.com/baseball/20 ... erence/SEC
by Versus75
Sun May 21, 2023 11:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hoover Tourney

I would still like to see the brackets flipped for Saturday. Have the team with one loss in the top bracket play the 2-0 team from the bottom bracket, etc. In this manner a team won’t get knocked out in the semis by losing to the same team twice. Could be the best two teams are in the same bracket a...
by Versus75
Sun May 21, 2023 11:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pitching question

V-New Except that an early exit (0-2) in the tournament could end our hopes for a National Seed. Believe we need to get at least one win.
by Versus75
Mon May 22, 2023 11:23 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BS ALL SEC team

O'Sullivan must be the UnCoach-of-the-Year since he had FIVE 1st Team All-Conference players and merely tied for first in the conference with Arkansas (ONE 1st Team All-Conference player).
by Versus75
Tue May 23, 2023 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MODS: I would appreciate an explanation of...

MemorialMagic wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:07 pm what is going on with the site.

I'm not mad, but if I know what the problem is, I will be more patient.

Thanks
I’m going to stop paying for Vandymania in protest.

(Sarcasm)

You make it seem as though Don is doing this on purpose. Cut him some slack. If he had hair he would be tearing it out.
by Versus75
Wed May 24, 2023 12:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

Bring back Derek Johnson as Pitching Coach / Head Coach in Waiting and pay him $1,000,000 per year. I don’t know what MLB pitching coaches are paid, but I’m sure it is much less. This article from 2021 said Dave Roberts of the Dodgers was #10 on the Managers pay list at $1.15 million. But then he ha...
by Versus75
Sat May 27, 2023 8:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Field of 64 rumblings

... UConn led Xavier 3-2 going into the ninth inning of the Big East Championship game against Xavier and sent its closer (11 saves) to the mound. Xavier scores 5 runs and wins 7-3. Connecticut will still be a #2 seed, I expect, but Xavier is in the Field of 64. ~~~ In the AAC, South Florida (21-37 ...
by Versus75
Sun May 28, 2023 10:26 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In a year in which the SEC is the best EVER in baseball, a chance to win the tourney

Likely 4 National Seeds, perhaps 3 other regional hosts and 10 total NCAA teams seeded #1 or #2.

Yes. Best EVER in college baseball.

The Oakland (formerly KC) Athletics and Kansas City Royals should be relegated to the SEC.
by Versus75
Tue May 30, 2023 6:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NCAA / Nashville Regional musings

Did you see that Oregon opened this season AT HOME (with temps topping out at 55 and lows during game time of 40-45) against Xavier ? The Ducks swept a 4-game series by an average score of 5-2. Oregon's last weekend series was a sweep at Utah with the average score 12-3. Ducks scoring more and givin...
by Versus75
Wed May 31, 2023 6:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

If Grant Nelson of North Dakota State (6-10 / 2 yrs eligibility / 17.9 ppg / 9.3 rebounds per game / 1.7 blocks per game) wants to become a Commodore, we can just slot Tyrin in as a preferred walk-on and see if Opportunity Vanderbilt can foot the bill.
by Versus75
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Xavier Thread

Going on 2 hours. Must be a new lightning strike every 29 minutes.

Hoping the Xavier closer is taken down and the new guy is wild. During the delay, get our batters some Barry Bonds elbow pads.
by Versus75
Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

I see Bradfield and most of the draft-eligible pitchers being drafted and turning pro. That's a lot of pitchers, but we lose guys to the pros who barely broke the lineup in college. Doolin is not a redshirt freshman because you can't have 3 injury RS years (error by Aria), but he hasn't shown anythi...