Search found 85 matches

Return

by cc11316
Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bball Prediction Contest

Well dang, now that we have a competition I have to submit my WAG (wild a$$ guesses). I'll take:

SECT: UK over UT
NCAAT: UConn over Houston
by FayetteDore
Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

It appears the old "like" function has been replaced with a "thanks" function. And unlike before (I think), it shows the names of the posters doing the thanking. And the number of thanks shows up as a star-rating.
by FayetteDore
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

I also just now noticed that the number of "likes" each of us had prior to this change has been replaced on the profile data under our avatars over to the right of our posts. Now it lists the number of people we have thanked and the number of people who have thanked us. Drat! I was proud o...
by commadore
Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I also just now noticed that the number of "likes" each of us had prior to this change has been replaced on the profile data under our avatars over to the right of our posts. Now it lists the number of people we have thanked, and the number of people who have thanked us. Drat! I was proud...
by VUDU
Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, I tried to thank someone to test it out and I got an "Invalid Thank" message. Maybe it knew I was just testing it and didn't really mean it?
by shelbz75
Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Right now I am done with this team and Stack......something is wrong that Stack can't keep players. SOMETHING!!! I am sure I will feel different by Fall but so pissed right now. It's called we are not up to par in the NIL world as some of these other programs, Clark Lea has a great culture and we l...
by Foreverhopeful
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't put it on Stack. I think it is a Vanderbilt issue- maybe just who we are. I also think basketball is very different from football in that it is easier to be showcased in your college game.
by moxiedore92
Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:39 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would be so interesting to know what Stack's conversations with these kids are like. I believe he truly does want what's best for them and their families and he's also (it seems) confident in his ability to coach and develop winners. It wouldn't surprise me if his attitude was, "I want you on t...
by Foreverhopeful
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't blame Stack for this. It's a combination of the NIL money, individual circumstances and just the changing tide of college sports. I'm really disappointed and sad- especially about Tyrin.
by Foreverhopeful
Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:16 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Let's see now

Here's my take. I'm as disappointed and confused as everyone else, but next fall there will be players on the floor and a coaching staff on the sidelines. I will be in my seats cheering on whoever plays for Vanderbilt and leads our team.
by OldDude
Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:03 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deion Sanders is the antithesis of Clark Lea

"It makes a mockery of what the sport is"

I liked the article, but have to say that college sports long ago descended past "mockery" status.
by OldDude
Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it’s just me, but all these academic juniors leaving one year shy of a VU degree just seems shortsighted. I know that to some extent the quality of a degree is limited by your career goals. If you don’t plan to continue in academia in pursuit of an advanced degree, then a degree from another ...
by MrMemorial
Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's hard to know who or what to blame. Heck, every one of these transfers could represent unique individual circumstances. Malik Dia and Noah Shelby obviously didn't leave for NIL opportunities at Belmont and Rice, respectively. Neither did QMB or Trey Thomas, and I kind of doubt Myles Stute left ...
by Obvious
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure it's near impossible to run a program with no transfers but we shouldn't lose players at the rate we do. There will always be a kid that wants more pt, be closer to home, etc... but the fact we have so many core players leaving for equal or lesser programs points to a deeper problem. I thi...
by mathguy
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, there is no difference in these athletes and everyone else in there generation. They want a job where they can work from home, start at $75 an hour, play with the cat and watch some tv during work hours. If someone pushes back, they quit and sit at home collecting their unemployment until...
by Doreknox
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, this was an eye roll post for me (sorry commadore). People have been complaining about the lazy shiftless younger generation literally since the time of Aristotle (seriously, you can look it up and find the quotes from Aristotle). What was Aristotle's take on NIL and the portal? "A p...
by Jason94
Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trey Thomas in the portal

The only narrative that makes sense to me is that he went to the portal with some pretty loft expectations on where he would land, perhaps thinking there might be a place for him at another top 20 academic institution where he'd finish his education and play more. My guess is that the phone didn't ...
by Lynchsr
Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CB Ja'Dais Richard in the portal

Wonder if he is headed to Colorado? Could be some appeal for CB to play for coach Prime and several other big names headed there. Less than classy to kick 60% of you players out the door, but if school can fire a coach after 1 year then I guess coach can’t wait
by Labradore
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Kentucky's Will Levis

Anthony Richardson was extraordinarily inconsistent (and injury prone) during his time at Uf… selecting him 4th overall strikes me as insanity. All QB selections are a gamble, but I would be willing to bet Levis is more likely to be a successful nfl quarterback than Richardson. Stroud would have bee...
by historybill
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Kentucky's Will Levis

I watch football in the fall, but don't follow the draft and the combine.

I'm shocked and amused that two quarterbacks who were outplayed by MIKE WRIGHT and who lost to a Vanderbilt team that had lost TWENTY SIX CONSECUTIVE SEC GAMES would go so high in the NFL draft.