Search found 85 matches

Return

by historybill
Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redshirt catcher Cade Law is transferring

But the important thing, with all that is happening in the world, is that it is "God's Plan" that he walk away from the Vanderbilt baseball team in the middle of the season to play football somewhere else.

Oh my. The ego.
by DivergentDore
Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redshirt catcher Cade Law is transferring

I wish the kid all the best. I'm 50+ and still change my mind on things. Go for it young man and do what you feel is best for your future.
by alathIN
Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:49 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does NIL work?

I wish I knew how the whole NIL thing works, from both the giving and the receiving side. Hypothetical: Let’s say that I am a rabid Vandy alum and basketball fan, with a net worth of, say, $25M (remember I said hypothetical). And I want to donate 10% of that to encourage athletes to come to Vandy. ...
by BILTMORE
Sun May 07, 2023 10:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commitment (Class of 2025): Caden Knighten, 5-10 175 RB Wynnewood, OK

I know you don't recruit 'em just to lose 'em, and I hope ( and believe) we will hang on. But as i've said before - having a high profile recruit in the fold for 2 years is valuable even if he ultimately leaves. It gets other recruits excited, creates interest among analysts, builds momentum etc. Th...
by buffy
Tue May 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

I don't know how you can sugar coat the fact that we are arguably going into next year with less talent, experience, and hope than at any time as a VU fan sans 1 or 2 years. You're welcome to take this position, but I just don't buy it. I see a badass coach learning to adjust to the conditions in f...
by alathIN
Thu May 11, 2023 5:52 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

If you think there is someone better out there for us…..good luck with that! Do you think that making the NCAA tournament is a pipe dream, and that only with extreme luck we can get there? I think that we will need to build and retain a legit SEC roster with much less NIL money than any other SEC t...
by BrentVU
Thu May 11, 2023 4:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OT: Friday's Graduation moved to Bridgestone Arena due to weather

This year's graduates won't get the Alumni Lawn experience, but oh well...

Congratulations to all our graduating athletes, and from VandyManiacs everywhere... a huge THANKS! VU#
by Foreverhopeful
Tue May 16, 2023 9:46 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happened to the site?

I thought the site might have entered the transfer portal, or at least attended a Bruce Pearl barbecue.
by alathIN
Wed May 17, 2023 5:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Loyalty's great when it runs both ways. But when coaches can run off players as soon as they find someone they think is better, it's hard to blame the players for moving on when they find a better deal. And I'm not sure you can say "free education." Legit SEC athletes have rare talent, the...
by ymtn64
Wed May 17, 2023 11:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Loyalty's great when it runs both ways. But when coaches can run off players as soon as they find someone they think is better, it's hard to blame the players for moving on when they find a better deal. And I'm not sure you can say "free education." Legit SEC athletes have rare talent, th...
by Minoadoc
Wed May 17, 2023 12:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New transfer commit: Nyzier Fourqurean

Nyzier, we hardly knew you. Thanks for playing, us
by utahozzie
Wed May 17, 2023 11:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

Sources confirming Tyrin to auburn is no longer an option ..
by buffy
Thu May 18, 2023 8:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our Chancellor gets it

This guy is easily the best Chancellor I've experienced from messaging and understanding the landscape around him. He is spot on regarding athletics and he is spot on with regards to ideological neutrality in education. With time he could be regarded as our best ever. He is refreshing.
by DS2001
Thu May 18, 2023 11:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our Chancellor gets it

I think the Chancellor has looked at the Vanderbilt Athletic soap opera and said..."This is ridiculous!" "Why do we want to have a third rate athletic program, yet try to be world class in everything else we aspire to do". He's a change agent and has a vision of what Vanderbilt c...
by Go Vandy!
Fri May 19, 2023 5:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Miami, N.C. State, Virginia Tech, UNC

I notice there was no issue in traveling to Hawaii for an away game. One team, one time is one thing. Every sport every (or every other) year is totally another. The top football schools missed the boat of taking ONLY their football teams out of the NCAA. Top 64 teams would be a de facto playoff ev...
by coachinwaiting
Fri May 19, 2023 11:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt joins Conference USA

Everyone always says that Vandy could always go bowling in C-USA.
by geeznotagain
Wed May 24, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Vandysports Podcast

Versus75 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 am
AuricGoldfinger wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:22 am I'm guessing he's trying to decide between returning to school and playing in the G League (assuming that's an option).
Or playing in Europe. Maybe China or Australia.
Those options that you mention sound, to me, more suited for a single guy than a family man with a small child.
by Doreknox
Thu May 25, 2023 7:44 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tennessean reveals Clark Lea's' salary, severance paid to Derek Mason (premium)

Some of you are acting like this information is the formula for the atomic bomb. Google has already posted an excerpt of the article for the entire world to see. Lea's total comp: $3,051,881.00.
by bernstml19
Thu May 25, 2023 9:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tennessean reveals Clark Lea's' salary, severance paid to Derek Mason (premium)

Doreknox wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:44 am Some of you are acting like this information is the formula for the atomic bomb. Google has already posted an excerpt of the article for the entire world to see. Lea's total comp: $3,051,881.00.
BIG MONEY - I gotta figure out how to get that job.