Search found 18 matches

Return

by vandy05
Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

egbertsouse wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:30 am For me, the big problem with the thanks button is that it temporarily opens up a new page showing that you've thanked the poster. It's a pain in the butt.
Now when you thank someone the browser sends you back to the thread after the thank. So its pretty painless.
by vandy05
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Maybe it’s just me, but all these academic juniors leaving one year shy of a VU degree just seems shortsighted. I know that to some extent the quality of a degree is limited by your career goals. If you don’t plan to continue in academia in pursuit of an advanced degree, then a degree from another ...
by vandy05
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trey Thomas in the portal

The only narrative that makes sense to me is that he went to the portal with some pretty loft expectations on where he would land, perhaps thinking there might be a place for him at another top 20 academic institution where he'd finish his education and play more. My guess is that the phone didn't ...
by vandy05
Mon May 01, 2023 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: D1 Baseball sucks.

And they really stunk up the joint last week when they only dropped us one spot when we got swept by an unranked UT team when we also went 0-4 for the week (sarcasm alert).

I think we ought not complain all that much.
by vandy05
Thu May 04, 2023 11:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wow! Alabama fires Brad Bohannon

I'm a proponent of legalized sports betting, but it can be rife with lots of problems. But this type of integrity isn't going to be one though. The monitoring systems are sophisticated and they use big data to understand what a range of a bet for a particular event should be. You can't sneak in a &q...
by vandy05
Thu May 04, 2023 11:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB to The Citadel

I'm done being shocked, but I'm shocked.
by vandy05
Wed May 17, 2023 12:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Loyalty's great when it runs both ways. But when coaches can run off players as soon as they find someone they think is better, it's hard to blame the players for moving on when they find a better deal. And I'm not sure you can say "free education." Legit SEC athletes have rare talent, th...
by vandy05
Thu May 18, 2023 11:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some Tyrin news

Loyalty's great when it runs both ways. But when coaches can run off players as soon as they find someone they think is better, it's hard to blame the players for moving on when they find a better deal. And I'm not sure you can say "free education." Legit SEC athletes have rare talent, th...
by vandy05
Fri May 19, 2023 11:25 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Miami, N.C. State, Virginia Tech, UNC

I didn't mind talks of the Big 10 before they added the west coast schools. That just seems like a logistical nightmare. I have a fond affinity for history and tradition of college sport rivalries, but change is always inevitable. I just prefer change that makes good sense.
by vandy05
Wed May 31, 2023 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another victim of the SEC meatgrinder: Missouri coach fired

Steve Bieser did a decent job at Missouri, but it's a significantly underfunded program relative to its SEC brethren and he could never get over the hump despite showing promise at times this year. (As an example, I know Mizzou flew commercial on Southwest to Nashville for its series last year with...
by vandy05
Wed May 31, 2023 12:38 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Massive renovation of The Hawk announced!

That is absolutely incredible!
by vandy05
Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KICKOFF TIMES SET for first four games of 2023

Maybe it's just me, or unjustified optimism, but does anyone agree that this schedule looks somewhat positive? Playing all 4 OOC games up front, and being 6 games in before having to visit a stadium as hostile as Gainesville, followed by hosting Georgia, seems like a good opportunity for Coach Lea ...
by vandy05
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Maybe people's answers would stay the same, but what if the kids wanted to go with Franklin to Penn State? Maybe some would argue that he should have told them no. That's not a completely unreasonable take, but its fairly impractical and it usually doesn't work that way. My guess is that a lot of th...
by vandy05
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cam Dooley to announce commitment at 5 pm ET Saturday

Not entirely sure yet, but I think Dooley has committed to Vandy. Waiting to confirm. If we get his pledge (and hang on to all these commits) I have to admit that I'm going to be really impressed with our halu over the last few weeks. We are winning head to head recruiting battles in June (and the ...
by vandy05
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RB recruit Jason Patterson: Vandy on its way up, Coach Lea has a blueprint

Rutgers, Kentucky, Boston College, Cincinnati These are the type of schools we should be competing against. Not MTSU, UCF, Toledo. Like a previous staff. UCF went 13-0 in 2017. 12-1 in 2018. 10-3 in 2019. Nine wins last year and the year before. Since Jason Candle took over, Toledo has been to seve...
by vandy05
Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Serious allegations against Northwestern, Pat Fitzgerald

Definitely not a master class in PR from Northwestern. I agree that there could likely be some players in line for discipline. I do think that the coach has to bear the ultimate responsibility. It looks like (from what is publicly available) that he knew what was happening and encouraged it. That's ...
by vandy05
Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAY OT: Memphis & Big 12 redux

Three leagues with 20 teams each is going to leave some current Power 5 teams out, and I think that is a reality and we could ultimately be at risk. There are currently 69 Power 5 teams. I've always thought that four conferences of 16 teams makes sense. Oddly enough I always thought it would be the ...
by vandy05
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ray Davis disses Nashville in KSR interview

commadore wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:38 pm I hope one of our LBs knocks him into the next week. I hope he won't remember his return trip to Nashville.
I'm gonna chalk the second part of this post up to a few too many Friday night whiskeys.