Search found 19 matches

Return

by buffy
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update on Pistons' job search from ESPN's Woj

I'll also note, and this is important, Stack has shown zero awareness of optics in his tenure. His lack of a response just means there's nothing for him to say. Understanding the optics game is a great skill, but Stackhouse's obliviousness to it is actually refreshing. He's a straight shooter.
by buffy
Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Bruce Pearl.....whoring kids in financially fragile situations is one way of going through life.

I'm sure no illegal contact happened.
by buffy
Mon May 08, 2023 9:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New transfer commit: Nyzier Fourqurean

The guys with a nose for the ball translate.
by buffy
Tue May 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

I don't know how you can sugar coat the fact that we are arguably going into next year with less talent, experience, and hope than at any time as a VU fan sans 1 or 2 years. You're welcome to take this position, but I just don't buy it. I see a badass coach learning to adjust to the conditions in f...
by buffy
Wed May 10, 2023 10:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

So, since is going to be the situation every year, how many more years would you give Stack to get to the NCAAs? I'm seriously asking. And "almost" making it doesn't count IMO (I may be in the minority on that). He literally was awarded SEC Coach of Year this year by the coaches. Do you t...
by buffy
Thu May 18, 2023 8:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Our Chancellor gets it

This guy is easily the best Chancellor I've experienced from messaging and understanding the landscape around him. He is spot on regarding athletics and he is spot on with regards to ideological neutrality in education. With time he could be regarded as our best ever. He is refreshing.
by buffy
Fri May 19, 2023 8:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

Evaluating Stack, no one can argue he's giving less than a 100% for Vanderbilt. I'm grateful for him.
by buffy
Thu May 25, 2023 8:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

I hate the NET, but it does exactly what the Tourney Committee wants. It assesses the whole season. We were garbage in Nov./Dec. That's why we didn't go to the tournament. Jason has explained the mechanics of the NET countless times on this board, and yet, people keep going down the same inane rabbi...
by buffy
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

How 'bout an 'adda-boy' to Coach Stackhouse. We were all considering hara-kiri after the portal opened, and now we're clearly in better shape. I'm absolutely grateful and honored to have Mr. Stackhouse as our coach. The guy gives everything he has.
by buffy
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

Our problem, generally, is that we're a-holes. We want to win right the heck now. Turns out, it's really hard. Our coach didn't have the luxury of learning college coaching as an assistant. He jumped in the deep end. It's a hell of a learning curve for a new head coach. It's even crazier if you thro...
by buffy
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Season

Real simple here. This is a guards game. And we have guards. Three legit that we know of, and possibly more. We're gonna be solid.

Our guards kept us winning after Liam went down. Now they have people around them that can shoot.
by buffy
Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Addition

Coach understands that guards drive everything in this space.
by buffy
Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:15 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I think this is a first

Two diamonds in the rough.....much more the exception to the rule....please re-read what I wrote "Only or mostly" Nashmann: The board has had this argument a million times. Relative stars, statistically, can't be ignored. If you're betting on who wins the national championship, there are ...
by buffy
Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: tyler tanner

This just shows me that Stack has matured in his understanding of the college game. In his first few years he was trying to load up on positionless, athletic wings. Except, he wasn't finding much of that. A college team needs 6 guards on scholarship that can handle the rock and hopefully have some l...
by buffy
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:12 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: James Strong named as new assistant coach

If he is a great coach, why has he not advanced to being a head coach at some school, especially at his age? I used to think this way, generally. But as I've gotten older, I've moved away from this presumption. That doesn't mean you're ultimately wrong, but I've run into way too many situations whe...
by buffy
Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pete Thamel: Sources: Rice targeting VU Asst. AD Tommy McClelland for AD; deal appears close to done

I can't think of one thing she's done that's even been questionable.
by buffy
Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: More new staff announced

Go Vandy! wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:40 pm Does that put us over 50?
You're ridiculous. That's only 47 people on staff. ;)
by buffy
Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Coach Stackhouse, Tyrin Lawrence, Ezra Manjon press conferences Wed. Aug. 9

MrMemorial wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 5:11 pm SOME PEOPLE
Is there a constructive reason to point out SOME PEOPLE? Does SOME PEOPLE actually mean BAD PEOPLE, while you represent GOOD PEOPLE. Move on amigo. This is a destructive thought process. Let's cheer on our GOOD COACH and see what he can do with this team.
by buffy
Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unofficial chatter

Bryce Drew tried to force Joe Toye out, and he went to the AD, and the AD said no way. Kid's put in a ton of time and effort here, and he's going to get his degree. That's a weird one. Joe was talented. Who knows the circumstance, but that's an irksome situation you describe. I'm a fan of watching ...