Search found 32 matches

Return

by Jason94
Wed May 31, 2023 9:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Personally, I hope he goes somewhere else after all this. He's not THAT good. This is a horrible take. Without Lawrence, we have NIT level talent. With him we should make the tournament. Why would you not want to have someone who helps the team make the touranment? Yah like dude is just tryna negot...
by Jason94
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:21 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don’t engage with the troll. Not trolling. Just speaking facts. The only reason everybody is freaking out is because we lost 10 other players over the years that would have been better had they stayed or we recruited better on our misses. players like tyrin are a dime a dozen 3 years in now with th...
by Jason94
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get the frustration but I can also understand Lawrence’s perspective. As someone else stated, this could serve as a wake up call to VU that they need to step up their NIL funding if they want to remain competitive. It's very possible that Lawrence may have done VU a great service in this way. On ...
by Jason94
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I get the frustration but I can also understand Lawrence’s perspective. As someone else stated, this could serve as a wake up call to VU that they need to step up their NIL funding if they want to remain competitive. It's very possible that Lawrence may have done VU a great service in this way. On ...
by Jason94
Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

The economic impact of Tyrin's decision is pretty big. His return likely takes the team from 6-12 in SEC play to 12-6 or something like that. A team who that can make the NCAA's. Big sigh of relief (from everyone). I don't think it is quite that dramatic. I think 12-6 is possible, but without Lawre...
by Jason94
Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:23 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roster Thoughts

I did note that the new coach of the PIstons got a $78.5 million contract. If someone offers CJS a nba job, he is gone and I don't blame him. That is serious FU money. Honestly, given what the NCAA has become, I don't know why anyone - and I do mean *ANYONE* - would continue to coach in the NCAA if...
by Jason94
Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

OK I'll go first in ranking our top 5 coaches: 1. Skinner 2. Fogler 3. Stackhouse 4. Newton 5. Stallings Anyone else have an opinion? Okay I'll play: 1. Fogler - he gets the nod over Skinner because I saw him, and he's here because we won a lot of games simply because he was the coach. Games that w...
by Jason94
Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Removing crutches

Perhaps the thing that has me most excited about next season deals with how CJS uses his roster and sets his rotations. I think that CJS really had a number of players that he trusted as they had been through some battles with him and then other players who for whatever reason hadn't earned that tru...
by Jason94
Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next Season

My biggest fear is we start off slow once again as we learn to gel with all the new faces and experience. A slow start could once again prevent us from going to the dance. We will have to wait and see. I really like Stack and I am pulling for him, but this is year 5. He needs to find a way to start...
by Jason94
Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video: Coach Stackhouse, Tyrin Lawrence, Ezra Manjon press conferences Wed. Aug. 9

I could be completely wrong, but I wouldn't bet against JRT seeing a lot of time on the floor this season. If he's getting a lot of minutes at the 1 or 2, that means we're gonna be nasty, because we're already solid there. I would guess his minutes would be at the 2/3 due to his height and length. ...
by Jason94
Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unofficial chatter

With most universities starting classes in the coming weeks, of all the athletes that have committed to a new program, 1 out of 12 players who transferred this year went up in the portal, the rest have either transferred lateral or down. With most of the rosters finalized, 45% of players who entere...
by Jason94
Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Non-conference schedule released

Seems pretty simple like last season. There will be 4 games that will be challenging - NCSU, ASU/BYU, Tx Tech, and at Memphis. We actually need to win a couple of those games (last season we went 0-fer in our challenging games of NCSU, St. Mary's Memphis and VCU, which was as big of an issue as us l...