Search found 19 matches

Return

by charlestonalum
Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Tennessee game 2

FayetteDore wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:44 pm
roanoke wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:25 pm What did Moore do?

I turned it off in the 5th….
Ndorefin has the straight account.

The longer, earlier post has a lot of extraneous comment that rockets past the normal spectrum of rivalry hatred and into the realm of the pathological.
Pathological? This is a sports site, right,?
by MikeADore
Fri May 05, 2023 11:37 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Portal

One of the top players in the country, a rising junior. You may remember her from a couple years ago when she lit Vandy up at the holiday tournament game against Depaul. Averages more than 25 points and 12 rebounds. The fact that she needs to do a countdown production about which school she is goin...
by Versus75
Sat May 27, 2023 8:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Field of 64 rumblings

... UConn led Xavier 3-2 going into the ninth inning of the Big East Championship game against Xavier and sent its closer (11 saves) to the mound. Xavier scores 5 runs and wins 7-3. Connecticut will still be a #2 seed, I expect, but Xavier is in the Field of 64. ~~~ In the AAC, South Florida (21-37 ...
by alathIN
Wed May 31, 2023 5:27 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin

Am I the only one that feels kind of "used" in this whole process? But, don't miss my overall feeling, which is that we'd be very happy for him to don the Black & Gold again next year.... I hear ya. However, given the current NIL landscape, I can’t say I blame the kid for handling the...
by Mcflash
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:43 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

CKS was an excellent coach Xs and 0s and should rank high on this list. I think most of his problems stemmed from going from coaching at a Gene Keady philosophy level where there was a lot of tough love and discipline to an environment where he had to pamper certain individuals did not work out for ...
by roanoke
Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: thanks to the team and the coaches

Agreed. We definitely out-performed the talent level on this roster. That's a testament to the coaches. We've just had way too many misses in recruiting. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the new rules preventing contact with recruits prior to their junior year will save Corbs from himself...
by Michidore
Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sargent and List Qualified for the 2023 U.S. Open

The final qualifiers for the 2023 U.S. Open were held on Monday. https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/latest/2023/05/03/u-s-open-local-and-final-qualifying-notables-to-advance-how-it-works-scores-results Gordon Sargent won the qualifying event at Ball Ground, Georgia. Luke List qualified at the even...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

Quick correction, Clark is from Franklin, Indiana. Max will be a high draft pick and will sign. I don't think there's any doubt about that one. Thomas White is interesting. He's definitely on the MLB radar, but there are rumblings that he will be a hard sign because of his Vandy commitment. This was...
by Versus75
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

I guess Aria forgot to mention the "who's coming" part of the article. There will be at least a couple VERY GOOD players. Corbin attracts talent much the same way as John Calipari in Men's Basketball: Players know the coach gives them a boost up to the Big Leagues. * Nearly 40 players in ...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:31 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe it's the bats...no, the actual "bats"

After watching the CWS this weekend, I noticed something interesting. TCU and Florida are the only two teams swinging Demarini. Tennessee, Wake Forest, and Stanford were all swinging Louisville Slugger. Oral Roberts swings Easton and Virginia swings Rawlings. LSU swings Marucci. After the implementa...
by Versus75
Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Top remaining commits after 10 rounds

As Auric told you, no Vanderbilt commits were drafted after the top 4 in the first two rounds. That's great news! I've added positions to show that we have a lot of talented pitchers and several top-notch position players. Braden Holcomb... SS-3B Ethan McElwain .... LHP Miller Green ...... LHP Cam K...
by Michidore
Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gordon Sargent is getting close to earning a PGA Tour Card

I wanted to share this linked article: https://www.pgatour.com/article/news/latest/2023/07/12/gordon-sargent-selected-for-world-amateur-team-championship-nears-pga-tour-card For a short summary, Gordon Sargent is close to having enough points to earn a PGA Tour Card. He was recently selected to the ...
by Minoadoc
Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

tyler tanner

2024 commit, 6'0" PG from Brentwood, TN
by BrentVU
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:37 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A couple of thoughts after a day lurking at SEC Media Days

Well, so much for the concert on Broadway; a rain and lightning storm about 4 pm took care of that. But here are some ramblings on what did happen Tuesday... 1. What a torn-up mess downtown has become, with all the new buildings and cranes. I've never seen so many cranes, closed streets, and foundat...
by BrentVU
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Derek Mason now an SEC Network analyst?

I didn't see this when it aired, and I've heard no announcement about it, but Derek Mason (who resigned as Oklahoma State defensive coordinator after last season) apparently is back now as an analyst for the SEC Network, and appeared on camera at Media Days. He gave Texas and Oklahoma a warning that...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another portal pickup: Jacob Humphrey, UMass-Lowell

The rising junior hit .337 in his freshman season and .317 in his sophomore season while stealing 79 bases over two seasons. Not a lot of power, though--just 11 HRs and 14 doubles. He has mostly played RF.

https://vanderbilt.rivals.com/news/vand ... b-humphrey
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Got my tickets; Announcement about road closures and entrances

Looking at the endzone cameras today, I see that... 1. There is now a chain link fence around the perimeter of the south end zone... it seems awfully close to the field... wide receivers will need to be very conscious of it. "Between the hedges"?...screw that. BETWEEN THE STEEL GATES OF H...
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Definitely the BIGGEST gets in this year's freshman recruiting class

While others are excited about young guns Junior Sherrill & London Humphreys at WR... drooling over Sedrick Alexander and A.J. Newberry at RB... I'm quietly very excited about Ted Gregoire and De'Marion Thomas, the two bookend interior defensive linemen that Vandy signed last December. Gregoire,...
by BrentVU
Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:20 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gentry Estes: At Clark Lea's VU football practice, a 'great team' can exist after Hawaii

OK, I've cracked on the Tennessean for not having any player profiles, but Aria Gerson has a nice one today on walk-on receiver Richie Hoskins... more of these, please...

Tennessean: How Richie Hoskins' road from Division III to Vanderbilt football walk-on culminated in first catch
(by Aria Gerson)