Search found 80 matches

Return

by admin
Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Site problem / question

I found a thank-you app. You can now click on the thumbs-up icon and send thanks to the post author. The percentage of post thumbs up are tracked.
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Report: Holton to start today

So sayeth a source to The Dore Report on Twitter.
by DivergentDore
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Isn’t the ump in the outfield supposed to make a safe or out call on the catch? Did he? What did he call? On the quickly shown, fuzzy replay from LF to resume the telecast in bottom 6th, the 2nd & 3rd base umps didn't look to leave their spots or make a call on the fly ball. The 1st base ump ap...
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:40 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

Vanderbilt is considered the frontrunner for the 3-star prospect from Texas.

https://247sports.com/player/malik-presley-46103342/
by MrMemorial
Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:49 pm If he signs with Vandy, he would be the third player in this class in the swingman size range (6-6/6-7). (Not saying their games are all alike, however.)
To save others time, his offer list includes:

Arizona State
TCU
Texas
Houston
LSU
Okie St.
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
SMU
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confirmed--there's a transfer commit

If I had to bet, it's Evan Taylor of Lehigh.

EDIT: It's Evan Taylor.
by Jason94
Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Confirmed--there's a transfer commit

If I had to bet, it's Evan Taylor of Lehigh. EDIT: It's Evan Taylor. Looks like he has a covid season left so this will be his only season at Vandy. First blush look is that for Lehigh he was very heavily used - played almost 32 mpg on average and took 27.5% of shots while he was on the floor - whi...
by Laker42
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stack hires Anthony Wilkins

I am assuming that means Stack is staying. Wr should all be really excited about this. Continuity with a Dude thats ready to take us to the next level. Lets goooo

Get us a couple more portal guys and lets ride
by roanoke
Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

a few positives from last night’s debacle

It is a long season and there are going to be games like that one. It hurts because it was in hand all night - until it wasn’t. It is a dangerous series because UT is backed into a corner and has plenty of talent. Again, it is a long season - ask Ole Miss after last year. Even in a bad loss, there w...
by 3rdFloorDyer
Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:17 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This weekend has me a little down so…

… I think I’ll head over to the basketball forum.
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:50 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

It's hard to know who or what to blame. Heck, every one of these transfers could represent unique individual circumstances. Malik Dia and Noah Shelby obviously didn't leave for NIL opportunities at Belmont and Rice, respectively. Neither did QMB or Trey Thomas, and I kind of doubt Myles Stute left f...
by Vandy187187
Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For those playing along at home, VU still has two remaining roster spots

I posted in another thread that over the past few years I found it troubling we couldn't keep our Frosh. I chalked it up to wrong fit wrong team. But after 3 empty classes after 3 years something is off. It can't just be NIL, it can't just be Vandy. Who else is losing 4-5 transfers many of which are...
by rEvUrB
Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NIl but I imagine it’s not easy to play for Stackhouse. He’s an intense dude and you can’t bs him either. He was a tough player that would fight a guy if he had to. Kids seem less inclined to play for a coach like that these days. Saw it w Stallings and his Gene Keady like personality. Some kids app...
by Ndorefin
Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I believe Lawrence is the only one who could draw decent NIL money from another school. Wright may get some, but, he’s a grad transfer who’s going home….I don’t blame him, but I doubt NIL was the motivating factor on its own. I also believe Lawrence needs the money and has been recruited before he h...
by mathguy
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honestly, there is no difference in these athletes and everyone else in there generation. They want a job where they can work from home, start at $75 an hour, play with the cat and watch some tv during work hours. If someone pushes back, they quit and sit at home collecting their unemployment until...
by bernstml19
Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:20 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tampa Bay Rays

100% the game with NIL is effectively now like a cowboy league without a salary cap or any sort of contractual arrangement between players. Mathematically if there were perfect information, the best players will cluster to the NBA, and then below that will cluster together at schools offering the be...
by dallasdore
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC reportedly split on scheduling format: 3-6 or 1-7

I don't like the nine game format. In addition to making it difficult for SEC middle of the road teams (see Commodores, Vanderbilt) to make bowl games, hence less bowl games for the conference and less $$$, it affects the league in other ways. How likely will we still see the Bamas and Georgias and ...
by PeteFox
Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does NIL work?

Currently, not very well. I will predict the future here..... Consider the history of major league baseball. In the early years, the teams owned the players in virtual involuntary servitude. As the $$$ grew, the players eventually organized and for a while were in charge. Finally the players organiz...
by Levon
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

I know modern baseball emphasizes and prioritizes home runs, but my goodness, what happened to choking up and going with the pitch? Diaz just struck out on a 3-2 pitch with a runner on 3rd and 1 out trying to pull a fastball on the outer half of the plate. I know I come from a different, long ago me...
by Vandy187187
Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

I know modern baseball emphasizes and prioritizes home runs, but my goodness, what happened to choking up and going with the pitch? Diaz just struck out on a 3-2 pitch with a runner on 3rd and 1 out trying to pull a fastball on the outer half of the plate. I know I come from a different, long ago m...