Search found 17 matches

Return

by dore74
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trey Thomas in the portal

Question for those in the know: Are these announcements happening after each person (maybe with the exception of Jordan) has their end of year interview with the coach. Timing would seem to lean that way. If so, it may reflect on how the coach views their role next year. Staff's ability to fill the ...
by dore74
Sat Apr 15, 2023 5:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Gutsy, gutsy win after that bizarre non grand slam double play. Love the heart of these guys
by dore74
Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 SF Malik Presley to announce decision Friday

Two new recruits and a new assistant coach—how’s he gonna find time to coach the Pistons.

Great to have Stack full speed ahead!!!!
by dore74
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing for some marbles today

Baseball is a very funny sport. Teams get hot and cold at the drop of a pin, and Nelson is a hitters dream park. Nevertheless, the past four games make one worry that our early SEC record WAS due to the lower level competition we faced. The vibe is reminicient of the MSU final three games in Omaha a...
by dore74
Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Big money for athletes and VU are not a good match. Could be the end of schools like ours competing in big time college sports if that is what the model is (very quickly) evolving to. From what I've read in other posts and elsewhere, it does seem that that players like Tyrin get approached by other ...
by dore74
Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

I hope that our school and others in the same boat, Northwestern, Duke etc. get together to figure out how to deal in this new world. I would think that these schools would have many of the same issues that we do (maybe not Duke hoops for historical reasons). Maybe it would only be a "geeze wha...
by dore74
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:56 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

Would like to have an adult beverage with Coach Stack and get his take on this whole mess. I imagine this must be beating the heck out of him. Moreover, how does he see the world of college hoops and VU hoops in particular dealing with all this going forward. He's a guy that calls it as he sees it. ...
by dore74
Sat May 13, 2023 6:33 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Transfers and the Portal

Gotta say I find myself checking this transfer stuff (in and out) in a similar manner to monitoring a coaching change. The soap opera context is very alluring. Additionally, the notion of a portal congers up aspects of si-fi, sorcery and the movie series the Matrix. All adding to the drama. Strange ...
by dore74
Sun May 28, 2023 7:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Satisfying thought

I had my doubts. The guys were awesome. Keep it going and congrats to the team coaches and staff.
by dore74
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

Awesome, I like how his tweet actually shows his back. Great news…when does the season start!!!!

Shout out to Coach Stackhouse.
by dore74
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thanks to the team and the coaches

Disappointing ending to he year for sure. Injuries and lack of power got us in the end. Still in all we won the SEC tourney, and that ain't nothing.

Always a pleasure to watch the guys play--and they always give it their best, win or lose. Thanks for all you do, see you in the fall.
by dore74
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:16 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Nothing’s simple. The SEC East was down in those years which surely helped. But he had a fire and an ability to recruit that up to now have been second to none in my lifetime. The scandal and lack of controls in that dorm, however, were horrible. I have no idea what was or wasn’t covered up. Regardl...
by dore74
Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Serious allegations against Northwestern, Pat Fitzgerald

I was really bummed out to read this story. I have much respect for Northwestern football (and the University). I also think highly of Fitzgerald (much like I did of Paterno). We certainly had our horrific incident—and I’m still not sure how far that went up the leadership chain. So I’m not casting ...
by dore74
Sat Jul 15, 2023 4:05 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: Mike Wright talks about his decision to transfer from VU to Miss. State

He’s a good kid. Wish him much success (except against VU). Frankly we could easily have used him—a mobile QB with our pass protection over the years is a no brainer—but not clear to me that he demonstrated that QB is his best position. A flanker or something similar makes more sense to me. And yes ...
by dore74
Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A tradition unlike any other...the official VandyMania pick 'em is back!

Thanks for doing this AG, spices things up a bit over the season. Here goes nothing. 1. Hawaii at Vanderbilt, winner and final score. UH 34 VU 41 (Hawaii’s run and gun will be a big test for our secondsry 2. Total yards rushing for Vanderbilt 90 3. Total yards passing for Vanderbilt 333 4. Who will ...
by dore74
Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt-Hawaii game thread

Also unclear why rainbows don’t simply pass, pass, pass.
by dore74
Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Alabama A&M thread

Did Lynch thank you Roanoke?