Search found 88 matches

Return

by Jason94
Thu May 11, 2023 8:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

If you think there is someone better out there for us…..good luck with that! Do you think that making the NCAA tournament is a pipe dream, and that only with extreme luck we can get there? I think that we will need to build and retain a legit SEC roster with much less NIL money than any other SEC t...
by egbertsouse
Fri May 12, 2023 10:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carter Holton scratched for tonight

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:45 am
Auric, you are quick! Thanks.

I can't say I didn't see this coming.
by historybill
Sun May 14, 2023 10:28 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some version of the NIL existed at VU.... in 1901

In 1901 there was a clothing store in Nashville which gave free suits to Vanderbilt football star John Edgerton in exchange for the right to use his name. The clothier ran ads in the Hustler and I think in Nashville newspapers that said "John E. Edgerton will be glad to see his friends at Varle...
by UltimateVUFan
Tue May 16, 2023 7:19 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else…

…glad the MTSU game got rained out?

Frankly, with Arkansas rolling into town in a few days, I think the extra rest and hopefully some focus on the mental aspects of the game might do the team some good.
Fingers crossed for a series win to propel them into the SECT back on track.
by dallasdore
Tue May 16, 2023 9:42 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happened to the site?

I've got a lot of work done so far this week. How about everyone else?

The rest of the week? A little bit less....
by utahozzie
Thu May 18, 2023 3:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

I like this pickup a lot. But still concerned that 8 or 9 of the 13 players on this roster will be freshmen or sophomores. That will be tough…
by coachinwaiting
Fri May 19, 2023 11:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt joins Conference USA

Everyone always says that Vandy could always go bowling in C-USA.
by alathIN
Tue May 23, 2023 6:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tasos Kamateros

Earlier I heard a podcast guest opining that the key for lower conference players transitioning to the SEC was whether they had a larger or smaller role on the new team. Kind of rang true. We've seen guys before who were really good contributors as the third or fourth scoring option, but fell flat w...
by MrMemorial
Thu May 25, 2023 12:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday pitchers

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:29 pm The more I've thought about it, the more I'd like to see the SEC go to single elimination.

I'm not optimistic, however.
The more I've thought about it, the more I'd like to see Mr.Memorial go to Maui for a long weekend with Sofía Vergara.

I'm not optimistic, however.
by commadore
Fri May 26, 2023 10:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I was encouraged by last night *

I fear part of Schreck's problem is he has no one behind him that the pitchers fear. A lot of time good hitters are somewhat protected by another good hitter in front of them. Thus they get better pitches to hit because the pitcher doesn't want to walk them with the next guy coming up. No one is afr...
by admin
Sat May 27, 2023 12:35 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Georgia fires Scott Stricklin

I've seen a lot worse coaches than Scott Stricklin.
by Obvious
Tue May 30, 2023 6:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: He’s Back!

Not back to Vanderbilt yet. He withdrew from the portal and is going back to a school.
by vandy05
Wed May 31, 2023 12:06 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another victim of the SEC meatgrinder: Missouri coach fired

Steve Bieser did a decent job at Missouri, but it's a significantly underfunded program relative to its SEC brethren and he could never get over the hump despite showing promise at times this year. (As an example, I know Mizzou flew commercial on Southwest to Nashville for its series last year with...
by DS2001
Wed May 31, 2023 6:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Massive renovation of The Hawk announced!

BDR-dore, the age old issue with Hawkins Field is that most all of the infield seats are sold out, but people, for some reason, won’t use their tickets or give them to someone to use. It’s the most ridiculous thing that many of the infield seats sit empty weekend after weekend. It looks terrible on ...
by 3rdFloorDyer
Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:39 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New SEC penalties for court storming/rushing the field

Is there a specific number of people that constitutes a storming or rushing? If not, I’m thinking of a way to increase our AD funds after away losses.
by mathguy
Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I'd say that you are massively underrating CKS based upon his being an ass. Regardless of whether his teams "underperformed" (which based upon his players sticking in the NBA is debatable), you cannot simply wave away making the tournament 5 of 6 seasons, multiple sweet 16's, a SEC champi...
by rEvUrB
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK I'll go first in ranking our top 5 coaches: 1. Skinner 2. Fogler 3. Stackhouse 4. Newton 5. Stallings 1. Skinner 2. Stallings 3. Fogler (as much as we loved him, Billy Mac and co. had a lot to do with that one season. Look at those two first round turds with SC) 4. Stackhouse (for now, although ...
by MrMemorial
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:34 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Skinner was a pioneer of integrating sports in the South.

Ironically, a coach at Miss. St. of all places stuck his neck out when it was quite a risk to do so...

https://www.jacksonville.com/story/spor ... 844222007/