Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carter Holton scratched for tonight

by AuricGoldfinger
Sun May 14, 2023 9:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vanderbilt joins Conference USA

Look at Don out here trying to get everyone all stirred up by posting this on the football board without any context in the subject heading... :lol:
by AuricGoldfinger
Sun May 14, 2023 10:27 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CBS Sports: Vandy included among the losers in the transfer market

A bit premature IMO and it remains to be seen if the newcomers are better than the losses (individually or in the aggregate), but not exactly the kind of publicity you want. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-transfer-portal-deadline-takeaways-kansas-gets-better-tex...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 17, 2023 7:17 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence at the G League combine today

FWIW Lawrence did not receive an invite to the NBA draft combine, which started yesterday.
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 17, 2023 12:00 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OK Back To Recruiting

Nashmann wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:41 am
How many spots to we have open now? 2 plus TL or 1 plus TL?
3 total open scholarships.

I'm expecting a transfer commit in the next day or so.
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 17, 2023 1:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

One thing I hadn't noticed until today is that it appears the lower seating in the corner of the end zone is also coming down. I'm hoping this improves the sightlines in the stadium, so that receivers don't disappear into the corner of the stadium and you have to wait for the fan reaction to know wh...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 18, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ven-Allen Lubin is a Commodore

Much-needed news:
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 23, 2023 10:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

Until I see an announcement from the school, I'm not getting my hopes up. College athletics in 2023 requires a whole new set of expectations.
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 23, 2023 4:03 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SECT

With the entry of Texas and Oklahoma into the SEC, the league will have to decide whether to raise the number of SECT-eligible teams to 14, or keep it at 12 (with 4 SEC teams not making Hoover). Given that both UTw and OU are historically proficient at baseball, I doubt they will do anything but rai...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 25, 2023 12:29 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday pitchers

The more I've thought about it, the more I'd like to see the SEC go to single elimination.

I'm not optimistic, however.
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 30, 2023 3:44 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another victim of the SEC meatgrinder: Missouri coach fired

Steve Bieser did a decent job at Missouri, but it's a significantly underfunded program relative to its SEC brethren and he could never get over the hump despite showing promise at times this year. (As an example, I know Mizzou flew commercial on Southwest to Nashville for its series last year with...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 31, 2023 11:08 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Massive renovation of The Hawk announced!

Wow. Just wow.

https://vucommodores.com/vandy-united-u ... ins-field/
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tyrin is OFFICIALLY back

by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin is REALLY back

by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:02 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Devin Futrell gets the start Friday

commadore wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:35 pm Starter for Eastern? Anyone?
Likely will be Ky Hampton-Matthews, who averages 5.5 innings per start. Hampton-Matthews has just 50 strikeouts in 87⅓ innings but only 25 walks allowed.
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(Premium) The Athletic: Maggie Corbin's giant role in the Vanderbilt program

A great story by Joe Rexrode, well worth your time: https://theathletic.com/4570011/2023/06/02/vanderbilt-baseball-maggie-corbin-tim-corbin/ The Corbin era of Vanderbilt baseball is not a coach and his supportive wife. It’s an equal partnership at the top. “She does everything in this program,” Vand...
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stackhouse

I think there are a variety of reasons for it, several of which you have already detailed. Some of them were obviously self-inflicted--examples include the aforementioned getting into it with fans on Twitter; the Joe Rexrode piece in The Athletic where he called out some fans' political leanings; th...
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carter Holton

Carter Holton, Colton Regen, Andrew Dutkanych, and JD Roger were left off the regional roster due to injuries. It's not likely Holton will return in time for a super regional.
by AuricGoldfinger
Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New 2024 commitment: Antonio White

The three-star 6' 2.5" 170 lb. athlete from the Atlanta area committed on Twitter last night. He also has offers from Auburn, Georgia Tech, Indiana, UK, Louisville, Mississippi St, UNC, Pitt, Rutgers, and Texas A&M

https://247sports.com/player/antonio-white-46117444/
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

Aria Gerson just tweeted her version of a roster tracker which answers some of the questions posed here: