Search found 128 matches

Return

by AuricGoldfinger
Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I Absolutely Hate the Transfer Portal and the NIL

The implications are bad enough for Vandy. But just as bad is that with the exception of the tournament, college basketball is on the verge of becoming a niche regional sport. Fans will still tune in to watch March Madness and the legacy national brands, but I doubt the sport will ever be as popular...
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

mathguy wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm

Honestly, this was an eye roll post for me (sorry commadore). People have been complaining about the lazy shiftless younger generation literally since the time of Aristotle (seriously, you can look it up and find the quotes from Aristotle).

What was Aristotle's take on NIL and the portal?
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:35 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEC reportedly split on scheduling format: 3-6 or 1-7

If this were to go the 1-7 route, would ours be ut, or would Alabama scrap the Auburn game and make them their permanent rival. I can see it happening. I At any rate, I don't particularly like the 9 game schedule, but think it will pass with the no power five option. I'm guessing that the permanent...
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:11 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maxwell Worship invited to minicamp with Titans

Gonna need a Dore on the Titans without Zach Cunningham on the roster.
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon May 01, 2023 5:21 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commodore Caravan in Atlanta Monday night

Hmmm... originally the event was scheduled at the Atlanta Braves' Truist Park for an evening on which there was no game... but the Braves got rained out over the weekend and now there's a Braves-Mets game at 4:40 pm. Wondering how that will affect things. I had hoped to attend, but I am now unable....
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 02, 2023 9:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy’s actual approach to NIL

On the one hand, I'm hesitant to lay the blame for the recent wave of men's basketball roster departures entirely or even in large measure upon NIL, because most of the players we've lost are either headed to schools with fewer NIL opportunities, may have unique circumstances surrounding their depar...
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 02, 2023 4:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coastal Carolina transfer Josh Uduje to announce tomorrow

Starkiller wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:30 pm Was our last Brit John Amaechi?
AJ Ogilvy, if you consider all Aussies to be descendants of convicts sent there from the British Isles.
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 10:09 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

VU lands UT transfer Justine Pissott

Big pickup for the Dores.
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 1:18 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jason Rivera-Torres commits to Vandy

Upgraded to a four-star by 247 Sports today in their final end-of-season evaluations:

by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 5:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reportedly visiting: Arkansas transfer Derrian Ford

Dean's list student from southern Arkansas. 6-3 205 lb. guard. Only played in 21 games for 80 minutes this season and scored only 15 points.
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 6:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB to The Citadel

Well, I didn't expect that. I'm at a loss. Couldn't he start on the MBA at Vandy? None of it makes sense to me. Unfortunately, not without work experience. Auric…I’m guessing you are referring to acceptance to Owens requires work experience. Garraud, a transfer for our women’s team, received her ma...
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri May 05, 2023 2:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chad Bishop leaving VU for Atlanta Journal-Constitution

He's been Vanderbilt Athletics' chief storyteller the last three and a half years. He's going to Atlanta to work on the Georgia Tech beat. He'll be missed.
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri May 05, 2023 3:02 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another rumored visit: Ven-Allen Lubin

He was a true freshman this year for the Irish, played in 28 games and averaged 17 minutes a game. Averaged 6.2 ppg on 58% shooting, and a relatively robust (for minutes played) 4.4 rebs. He's 6-8, 226 lbs and is from Orlando. Had a ton of offers coming out of high school. And, he did not invent the...
by AuricGoldfinger
Sun May 07, 2023 7:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New transfer commit: Nyzier Fourqurean

D2 All-American DB from powerhouse Grand Valley State in Michigan. 6-1, 185 lbs, has played 2 years at GVSU.

https://gvsulakers.com/sports/football/ ... rean/14378
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 09, 2023 9:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So any news on...

Obvious wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:52 am May 12 we should have all of our answers.
That's the deadline for players entering the portal. Transfers can still commit and enroll after that date.
by AuricGoldfinger
Tue May 09, 2023 1:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Notre Dame LB transfer headed to Vandy?

BrentVU wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:00 pm A former four-star linebacker prospect deciding to play closer to home... not sure where that scholarship is coming from though.

https://und.com/roster/prince-kollie/

Baseball has plenty of them.
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 10, 2023 12:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Notre Dame LB transfer headed to Vandy?

historybill wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:12 pm Is this official now?

If so, this is really good news.
Not official yet, but the tea leaves all point to it.
by AuricGoldfinger
Wed May 10, 2023 4:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second stadium construction live stream is up

BrentVU wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:05 pm Kind of reminds me of Stonehenge right now.