Search found 51 matches

Return

by vandy05
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Podcast: James Franklin talks about leaving VU & the commitment level

Maybe people's answers would stay the same, but what if the kids wanted to go with Franklin to Penn State? Maybe some would argue that he should have told them no. That's not a completely unreasonable take, but its fairly impractical and it usually doesn't work that way. My guess is that a lot of th...
by commadore
Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:11 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Poor, poor tennessee

Okay, I'll weigh in, by repeating UT pitcher Camden Sewell: "We fell short. But if you want to end your season, this is the place you want to end it." If he deigned to think about it at all, he might have added: "Not in some regional game, against Xavier!" :cool: Thank you Fayet...
by katmai
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAME THE MID-MAJOR....

I don't see any need in kicking a man while he is down. It didn't work out for him at Vanderbilt, but I wish him nothing but the best unless he is playing Vanderbilt. He probably won't be invited back to LSU next year, but I wouldn't be completely shocked if someone took a flyer on him late in the d...
by Go Vandy!
Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recruiting question

FayetteDore wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:44 pmSeriously, IS there another Vanderbilt sports fan message board?
None that i know of.
P.S. It's interesting to see the twists & turns these threads take.
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:09 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy's representatives at SEC Media Days will be...

FayetteDore wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:02 pm So only 5 of the 14 are sending QBs. Is that about the average? Seems like there are usually more QBs.
I think it's probably just because there are relatively few returning QBs this year who saw significant playing time last season.
by AuricGoldfinger
Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UT infractions case gets more bonkers

Pruitt said he thought about racial inequity and the high-profile killings of Black people when he gave a player’s mother $300 in a Chick-fil-A bag. Pruitt said a player’s mother showed up in the parking lot outside the UT football complex in tears because of financial hardship. She told him she ha...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:49 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A couple of thoughts after a day lurking at SEC Media Days

Good question Go, but it varies with the movie. For example, I liked Coppola's secret, never-released version that had Duvall playing Sweet Caroline while approaching the village instead of Ride of the Valkyries , and rather than napalming it, winning the hearts and minds of the villagers by teachi...
by KenStone23
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:45 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Links to stadium construction livestream cameras

i found the website of the construction company, Barton Malow, who are overseeing the Vandy United project. they have a very informative page with links that detail the progress of the project thus far. main page: https://www.bartonmalow.com/projects/vanderbilt-master-athletics-plan/ 360 drone cam +...
by commadore
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:19 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Don't look now but...

Maybe they have a shot at the Recruiting National Championship? It's about as close as they will get to a championship in any sport other than Life. There's always the "Best College Football Program in America" to fall back on. Oh Fayettevile, you just make me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lo...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

Fall camp opened Wednesday morning outdoors under cloudy skies and very humid conditions. Players were in helmets and shoulder pads only. One change from past years that I noticed is that the QBs were wearing gold practice jerseys instead of the usual red. Andrew Allegretta reports after the post-pr...
by BrentVU
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Practice #1 of fall camp is complete

OK, we got videos, and the video crew did a nice job with them... Head coach Clark Lea... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XCo0bfMUeo DL Nate Clifton... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqyO57_H_AY OL Bradley Ashmore... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62sc-pZIORk Unfortunately, after the last board u...
by AirForceDore13
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:55 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some help from overseas

I read the forum rules and maybe I'm just dumb but this seems to be allowed. I'm stationed overseas in Germany. Walking through the BX I saw a military challenge coin that has the Vanderbilt logo on it. I bought it and am looking for a way to get it to Coach Lea. Any help in this would be greatly ap...
by LawoftheWest
Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pete Thamel: Sources: Rice targeting VU Asst. AD Tommy McClelland for AD; deal appears close to done

Chancellor Diermeir personally hired Tommy. I wish Rice would have gone after Candice Lee instead. Do you think Candice will ever be an AD At another University? Wow, That statement is quite harsh. My understanding is that you are saying you wish that Candice Lee were gone. I completely disagree. I...
by buffy
Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:54 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pete Thamel: Sources: Rice targeting VU Asst. AD Tommy McClelland for AD; deal appears close to done

I can't think of one thing she's done that's even been questionable.
by BrentVU
Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawaii intel?

Here's a radio interview the Honolulu station did with Rainbows coach Timmy Chang at Mountain West Media Days, if anyone's interested... YouTube: Hawai'i Head Coach Timmy Chang | Day 2 | 2023 Mountain West Football Media Days P.S. Todd Graham (mentioned in this thread above) is not the coach at Hawa...
by AuricGoldfinger
Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:29 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FSU Athletics Going Private

Might as well just go ahead and spin athletics off. The disconnect with the mission of universities is only increasing. Not saying that student athletes shouldn't share in the proceeds they generate (which we discuss ad infinitum) but NIL and the portal have already made star athletes in the big 3 ...
by vandy05
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:10 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ray Davis disses Nashville in KSR interview

commadore wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:38 pm I hope one of our LBs knocks him into the next week. I hope he won't remember his return trip to Nashville.
I'm gonna chalk the second part of this post up to a few too many Friday night whiskeys.
by AuricGoldfinger
Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAY OT: Memphis & Big 12 redux

Three leagues with 20 teams each is going to leave some current Power 5 teams out, and I think that is a reality and we could ultimately be at risk. There are currently 69 Power 5 teams. I've always thought that four conferences of 16 teams makes sense. Oddly enough I always thought it would be the...
by OldDude
Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:25 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WAY OT: Memphis & Big 12 redux

FSU wanting an unbalanced share of conference revenue surely makes them less attractive, right? Right? I don't know all the details, but some of this is likely negotiable. In football, I feel like the ACC has Florida State, Clemson, maybe Miami and largely a bunch of crap. Correspondingly, I don't ...
by BrentVU
Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:59 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEC replacing its "have-nots"? Not happening anytime soon, says Seth Emerson

Seth Emerson covers the SEC, and especially conference realignment stories, for the Athletic. Someone asked him... "With all this realignment, at what point do the “haves” in the B1G and SEC decide to replace the “have-nots” in their respective conferences? For example, wouldn’t it be much more...