Search found 23 matches

Return

by FayetteDore
Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:22 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A second stadium construction live stream is up

Thanks Auric.

Any chance this could be pinned to the top of the football forum, second to the Notice on Posting Premium articles, for the duration of the construction? Brent? Mr. Yates?
by FayetteDore
Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:56 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

It appears the old "like" function has been replaced with a "thanks" function. And unlike before (I think), it shows the names of the posters doing the thanking. And the number of thanks shows up as a star-rating.
by FayetteDore
Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:12 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Forum change: from "likes" to "thanks"

I also just now noticed that the number of "likes" each of us had prior to this change has been replaced on the profile data under our avatars over to the right of our posts. Now it lists the number of people we have thanked and the number of people who have thanked us. Drat! I was proud o...
by FayetteDore
Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great tribute article on Coach Fred Pancoast…

Great piece! Presented a different perspective of Coach Pancoast. One (of several) nuggets I didn't know, or had forgotten, is that he ran for the state legislature in 1992. If he did, I can't believe he lost -- which is too bad because he doubtless would have elevated that body. EDIT: I found it i...
by FayetteDore
Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:42 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stadium Capacity during construction

I don't know what capacity will be during construction but I relocated to Section A and very grateful to Vanderbilt for letting me move there for the same price as my South End Zone seat (for 2023 only). I'll say this: looking at the interactive seat availability chart, there are some great seats av...
by FayetteDore
Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:26 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-Tennessee game 2

Well that was a costly, stupid move by UT's Moore.
by FayetteDore
Tue May 02, 2023 12:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Commodore Caravan in Atlanta Monday night

Tweet from Vandy Volleyball about the Atlanta visit. Here's the VU Athletics Department story , which says the ATL event was attended by about 125 people. The photos lead to a question: when flashing the "VU" hand sign, should the palm or the back of the hand face outward? Screen Shot 202...
by FayetteDore
Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:33 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OT: Big Bad John Ingram

I'm with Big John on this one. A racetrack doesn't need to be in that area; when I lived in Oak Hill, a good 5-8 miles away, it sounded like it was next door. I'd hate to think how loud it is in all the new residential development over in that area. And as noted above, there's a virtually new track ...
by FayetteDore
Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:43 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ladies and gents: We have an updated fall roster!

Another interesting story that most of you probably know: Ty Bartholomew's family has strong ties to both VU and UT. His great-grandfather, from Kingsport, played fb at UT. His late grandfather, Sam Bartholomew Jr. - a Vietnam vet and Nashville lawyer who played big roles in establishing the Nashvil...
by FayetteDore
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:40 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

By the next holiday...

...Labor Day, the FB Commodores will be 2-0.

Time flies when you're having fun! t0412
by FayetteDore
Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UT infractions case gets more bonkers

... Bank records showed that Pruitt and assistant coach Brian Niedermeyer ( who also coached with Pruitt at Alabama ) made large cash withdrawals on dates surrounding all-expenses-paid recruiting visits and alleged payments to recruits, players and their families. Both said that didn’t mean anythin...
by FayetteDore
Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:46 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clark Lea Q&A SEC Media Days full transcript (main media room)

Again, thanks for posting the full transcript. In addition to the specific information about players and the general overview of the program, three things really stand out to me: 1. Is there a more cerebral coach in the SEC? Who else would say something like this (in reply to the question about Texa...
by FayetteDore
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:53 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A couple of thoughts after a day lurking at SEC Media Days

Totally agree with you. He's incredible. I wish I could be that fast, thoughtful and poised on my feet. Even though he'll be wearing Auburn colors Nov. 4 at FirstBank Stadium, I intend to stand and cheer when he's introduced. He deserves it. PS, re Brent's observation No. 1: it IS a damned mess. I h...
by FayetteDore
Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy gets 8 votes to win the East, and 5 to win the SEC

Paul Finebaum said this on a radio interview Monday about the people who voted for Vandy to win the conference... “I appreciate what Media Days is,” he said. “But when I see that, Cole, I really begin to wonder about people’s right to vote, and I know that sounds crazy because I’ve always been a bi...
by FayetteDore
Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:34 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some help from overseas

Realizing that time is short, trips are expensive and you may not get to choose your time off BUT it would be way cool if you were able to get home and present it to him yourself during the Sept. 2 Salute to Service game below. Or maybe next year's Salute to Service game, or whenever you do get back...
by FayetteDore
Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FSU Athletics Going Private

Might as well just go ahead and spin athletics off. The disconnect with the mission of universities is only increasing. Not saying that student athletes shouldn't share in the proceeds they generate (which we discuss ad infinitum) but NIL and the portal have already made star athletes in the big 3 c...
by FayetteDore
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:30 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ray Davis disses Nashville in KSR interview

Hell, most Nashvillians diss what significant parts of Nashville have become. Hence, the campaign theme of the leading vote getter in Thursday's mayoral election: "More 'Ville, Less Vegas!" There's not much to argue with in that short 23-second clip. He's talking about Lexington's single-m...
by FayetteDore
Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ray Davis disses Nashville in KSR interview

So, to summarize, the young man a) didn't diss Vanderbilt at all, b) said he's not a big fan of country music, c) likes Lexington because it's all about his new school, d) is a recent VU graduate and alum - and yet, e) somebody on here wants him knocked unconscious? Versus, not exactly sure what UK ...
by FayetteDore
Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:24 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Burning Question- Will we have a Scoreboard by August 26?

I check in on the construction cams pretty often. I confident VU has a plan -- for scoreboards and the rest -- but with less than 3 weeks to go, it's like wow!?! Also looks like game attendees won't be going from one side of the stadium to the other, unless they put up some kind of temporary constru...
by FayetteDore
Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:36 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some additional information about the stadium on game days

Thanks to Aria and Auric. Good info here, including some that was not included in the VU email/release. On a separate note, glad to see VU is demanding up to $215 per ticket (including $20 per ticket fee) for the Georgia game, which go on sale tomorrow. Presumably, VU fans have already secured ticke...