Search found 32 matches

Return

by Seadog73
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:01 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I CAN BE SO PETTY

I have an office colleague who is a UT undergrad and law school alum, and former member of the UT Alumni Board, etc. I had to listen to him wax eloquent about how spectacular UT baseball was all last spring, until the super regional. I had to listen to him wax eloquent about how spectacular UT footb...
by Jason94
Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:54 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy in the mix for Campbell transfer Anthony Dell'Orso

He's Australian and started 22 games for the Camels this season as a freshman, and averaged 12.5 ppg on 48.7% shooting (and 32.2% from three). He's also 6'6", which would make him the 16th player on next year's roster at that height. :? https://twitter.com/336Edits/status/1650536090208464896 T...
by mathguy
Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:31 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence reportedly entering the transfer portal

Honestly, there is no difference in these athletes and everyone else in there generation. They want a job where they can work from home, start at $75 an hour, play with the cat and watch some tv during work hours. If someone pushes back, they quit and sit at home collecting their unemployment until...
by AuricGoldfinger
Thu May 04, 2023 6:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: QMB to The Citadel

Well, I didn't expect that. I'm at a loss. Couldn't he start on the MBA at Vandy? None of it makes sense to me. Unfortunately, not without work experience. Auric…I’m guessing you are referring to acceptance to Owens requires work experience. Garraud, a transfer for our women’s team, received her ma...
by shelbz75
Fri May 05, 2023 11:47 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

This take may not be received well but I honestly have a hard time being that mad at him. He provided some great moments for us and I will always appreciate that. I personally hope at this point he does well enough at the G-League combine that that outweighs the offer at Auburn from their NIL. I can...
by buffy
Tue May 09, 2023 8:14 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tyrin Lawrence

I don't know how you can sugar coat the fact that we are arguably going into next year with less talent, experience, and hope than at any time as a VU fan sans 1 or 2 years. You're welcome to take this position, but I just don't buy it. I see a badass coach learning to adjust to the conditions in f...
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 10, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hunter Dickinson and NIL

Eh. I guess. I earned both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees at VU. Did pretty well re: accrued debt, relatively speaking. I’ve been a public school teacher my entire career (midpoint right now). I could make more money doing many other things, even within the education sector. I’m where I am becau...
by HopsLikeHolwerda
Tue May 23, 2023 4:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

Quite possibly the best on-field coaching of Corbin's career. Honestly, we have some talent, but we should not have been close to 19 SEC wins with this roster. Just being honest. He did a great job. I do have one significant complaint, and it is becoming a trend; whether it is Brown or the strength/...
by Versus75
Tue May 23, 2023 6:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MODS: I would appreciate an explanation of...

MemorialMagic wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:07 pm what is going on with the site.

I'm not mad, but if I know what the problem is, I will be more patient.

Thanks
I’m going to stop paying for Vandymania in protest.

(Sarcasm)

You make it seem as though Don is doing this on purpose. Cut him some slack. If he had hair he would be tearing it out.
by UltimateVUFan
Wed May 24, 2023 10:10 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FWIW - Lawrence

Valid enough critique, but I still stand by the assertion that had VU played an easier schedule (say, on par with MSU’s abysmal preconference slate), they likely wouldn’t have suffered as many OOC losses. And they would’ve been fine come selection Sunday. Still waiting for that UK discrepancy explan...
by roanoke
Thu May 25, 2023 8:57 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thursday pitchers

Last night’s win was huge. We beat a ranked team on a big streak - and this should cement a top-8 seed. It reinforces us as a top 4 in the SEC despite the late swoon - and every one close behind us has lost… Aub, Vols, SC… With pitching banged up, and Futrell coming off 100+ pitches, I hope we start...
by dorelover82
Fri May 26, 2023 8:41 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: In Corbs We Trust!

First,, you thanks to Corbs for all the wonderful years and those ahead. First, we must understand that by all measures, the fastball of today is not the fastball of yesteryear. MLB has a great documentary on Youtube called the Fastball. Check out the facts. Stalker II measures the fastball 7 miles ...
by commadore
Sat May 27, 2023 8:07 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am pleased to announnce ...

That I just finished a big ole double helping of crow. As in my earlier statement, tonight I beat Bob Gibson. Didn't think we had a chance. Obviously the team had other ideas. Congrats, guys. Go get 'em tomorrow!
by commadore
Sun May 28, 2023 1:47 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pitcher vs aTm

A&M has used 10 pitchers and are starting a guy who threw 64 pitches and 2.1 innings Wednesday. Here are the totals: Wansing: 2 games, 8.2 innings, 116 pitches Aschenbeck: 2 games, 4 innings, 72 pitches Dettmer: 1 game, 2.1 innings, 64 pitches (today's starter)(3 hits, 3 walks, 1 hbp, 0 runs) Sd...
by Versus75
Tue May 30, 2023 6:28 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NCAA / Nashville Regional musings

Did you see that Oregon opened this season AT HOME (with temps topping out at 55 and lows during game time of 40-45) against Xavier ? The Ducks swept a 4-game series by an average score of 5-2. Oregon's last weekend series was a sweep at Utah with the average score 12-3. Ducks scoring more and givin...
by MikeADore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:32 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A Dull Answer to an Interesting Question

I had an online conversation with an Arkansas fan a few days ago. He was trying to take stock of SEC teams and how they might finish this season. After noting it looked like four teams, Missouri, Kentucky, Auburn and Florida could take a step back, he asked me if I felt Vanderbilt would be significa...
by DoreFan49
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Agata Makurat Seems Ready

I just found this link to her fiba page in 2022. I would not be surprised with her size and guard skills we could see Agata playing in the frontcourt alongside Sasha. We can certainly use a power forward that can catch and pass the ball, shoot the three, handle the ball, rebound, block shots, and pl...
by geeznotagain
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:24 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OT somewhat: Wake Forest Pitching

As most every poster on this board knows, Wake Forest is the Number 1 national seed. Are they really that good? What do they excel in? My older son graduated from Wake, so I have watched a few of their games this year on the ACC Network and on good old espn+. And while I don’t claim to be an expert,...
by Versus75
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:22 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Next year's roster

I guess Aria forgot to mention the "who's coming" part of the article. There will be at least a couple VERY GOOD players. Corbin attracts talent much the same way as John Calipari in Men's Basketball: Players know the coach gives them a boost up to the Big Leagues. * Nearly 40 players in ...