Search found 16 matches

Return

by nyyankeeDore
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:15 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy-South Carolina game 2 thread

Isn’t the ump in the outfield supposed to make a safe or out call on the catch? Did he? What did he call? On the quickly shown, fuzzy replay from LF to resume the telecast in bottom 6th, the 2nd & 3rd base umps didn't look to leave their spots or make a call on the fly ball. The 1st base ump ap...
by nyyankeeDore
Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:58 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerous midweek matchup tonight

charlestonalum wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:52 pm 2-10: ugh.
Baseball is full of statistics and adages. An adage that comes to mind after tonight's game relates to inevitable poor hitting performances and poor pitching performances. When they happen, it is better that they be combined in a single game so they cause one loss instead of two.
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:14 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does this mean the season is over?

Only a week ago, VU beat #6 South Carolina, solidifying its number 4 ranking. Since that time they've lost 4 games, 3 of them in humiliating fashion, and all of them to teams that were unranked at the time. (I'm making the brave assumption that they won't overcome the 9-0 deficit.) I don't think I'...
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playing for some marbles today

FayetteDore wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:35 pm I have it on very good authority that several of Charleston's posts were pinned up on the bulletin boards in the Vols' locker room and, for good measure, the dugout too. 8-)
You have removed any fig leaf of doubt regarding your fandom. Congratulations on your team's three wins this weekend.
by nyyankeeDore
Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:59 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kentucky v Vanderbilt #2

Florida is the team to be worried about, not sc…imo I believe Vanderbilt's goal should be to win as many of the remaining games as possible and finish the pre-NCAA tournament portion of the season in the top 8 nationally. Teams to be "worried about" are the teams that can play the biggest...
by nyyankeeDore
Tue May 02, 2023 9:18 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Georgia State at 7:00 today

commadore wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:09 am
nyyankeeDore wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:20 am My ticket indicates that tonight's game is at 6:00pm CDT.
You are correct. I was looking at the SEC sit which, for some damn reason, gives times in the eastern time zone.
When you live in flyover county, you have to learn to interpret.
by nyyankeeDore
Sat May 20, 2023 7:36 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 8th Inning Wow!

The early evidence indicates that last night's 8h inning was as positive a pivot for the VandyBoys as the the 9th inning of game 1 in Knoxville was negative. I hope it stays that way for the next four or five weeks.
by nyyankeeDore
Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Selection show

I see a path to Omaha, but playing some other league champions. Seeded # 6 overall. RPIs VandyBoys 7 Oregon 34 Xavier 44 EIU 114 and around the corner... DBU16 Okie State 17 Washington 36 ORU 76 SEC network show "road to Omaha" consensus is that of top 6 seeds, VU has the hardest games. W...
by nyyankeeDore
Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:30 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tonight's announcers won't be on site

All the more reason to listen to Andrew Allegretta's radio broadcast.
In some respects baseball games (if you cannot attend them in person) are paired better with radio than television.
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:06 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NIL vs IRS

It is possible (theoretically at least) that the player's support and endorsement of the charity could bring in enough additional donations to justify his compensation. The test is supposed to be that the money paid to the athlete is "reasonable compensation" paid by the business or charit...
by nyyankeeDore
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:08 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vandy opens as an 18-point favorite over Hawaii

Anyone remember what the line was before last years game? From a CBS article: "Vanderbilt will be looking to open the 2022 season on a positive note when it faces Hawaii on the road on Saturday night in the Week 0 nightcap. The Commodores finished 2-10 under head coach Clark Lea last year, whi...
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:04 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2023 Gold Glove Winner...

3rdFloorDyer wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:52 am So....any dropped fly with a runner on first can be scored a fielder's choice?
If the runner on first is forced out at second base, yes.
by nyyankeeDore
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:55 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Typical UT fans: setting themselves up for disappointment again

BrentVU wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:19 pm Hey, let's be nice, folks. Civil discussion only, no name-calling.
"Don't make me come back there..."
Deliberately and repetitively antagonizing message board participants, even without "name-calling," should also be discouraged.
by nyyankeeDore
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:52 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm At A Loss

We have, at least for this game , no rushing offense, a QB that can't escape the rush, an OL that had a hard time blocking anyone, and coaches that didn't seem to be very involved in the game. I do not understand the assertion that VU's coaches "didn't seem to be very involved in the game.&quo...
by nyyankeeDore
Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:50 am
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VU releases hype video of 35-28 win over Hawaii

commadore wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:37 am Hard to hype a 7 point win when you are 17 point favorites.
Hard to be negative continuously, but some some people accomplish it.
by nyyankeeDore
Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:45 pm
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: McGowan has to be salivating ...

commadore wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 4:26 pm for a kickoff return. Doubt the A&M kicker puts it in the endzone. Little blocking and he could be refining his endzone skills!!
I want McGowan to succeed, but I hope there is only one Alabama A & M kickoff.