AD Lee hints at major announcement for Hawkins Field enhancements

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

AD Lee hints at major announcement for Hawkins Field enhancements

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

This nugget was in an email that went out to Vandy United supporters today:

In the coming weeks, fitting for a time of year when it becomes the hub of campus, we will share an exciting major announcement about Hawkins Field. There is no better example of our potential than coach Tim Corbin’s two-time national champion VandyBoys.

This has been rumored for a while. The original Vandy United campaign plans did not include a Hawkins Field component, but the addition of a baseball component has been hinted at since then.

1vandyfan
Seaman

Re: AD Lee hints at major announcement for Hawkins Field enhancements

Post by 1vandyfan »

Chris Lee mentioned in a podcast a few weeks back that Corbs leveraged Clemson's HC offer from last summer into upgrades to the Hawk.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

Glad he did that, but he shouldn't have to. Except i keep forgetting it is the Vanderbilt way. CTC said the FIRST time an AD came to him & said: "We're going to do this for you" was when- and i know his name is on the James Franklin Do Not Mention list- Malcolm Turner told him he was getting new turf.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

My wish list included a row of suites that would overlook The Hawk on one side and the football stadium on the other side … but my genie left for an astronaut nearly 60 years ago so it’s probably not going to happen.

Would like to know if there has been a study to assess the feasibility of adding another tier of seats. The announced attendance for Georgia State was 3,750. Imagine how many fans would pack the stadium for an SEC game.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Versus75 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 3:02 am My wish list included a row of suites that would overlook The Hawk on one side and the football stadium on the other side … but my genie left for an astronaut nearly 60 years ago so it’s probably not going to happen.

Would like to know if there has been a study to assess the feasibility of adding another tier of seats. The announced attendance for Georgia State was 3,750. Imagine how many fans would pack the stadium for an SEC game.
Unfortunately, that is sold tickets. If you watch the game you will see the true attendance number was less then half of that.
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

commadore wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:01 amUnfortunately, that is sold tickets. If you watch the game you will see the true attendance number was less then half of that.
While it's SEC (if not NCAA) policy to announce "tickets sold" as "attendance", i believe that schools have the option of also announcing "actualy attendance". Unfortunately, as you said that is almost always less, and sometimes MUCH less than tickets sold.
Locked Previous topicNext topic