Hope it a fast hire

For discussion of Vanderbilt Commodores men's basketball games and recruiting.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Hope it a fast hire

Post by Vandysmith »

Then Vanderbilt can get on with it business as usual. If he goes and takes the job.

Jason94
Admiral

Re: Hope it a fast hire

Post by Jason94 »

Vandysmith wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:34 pm Then Vanderbilt can get on with it business as usual. If he goes and takes the job.
I hope CJS stays. Whereas it was almost a given that we would get a better coach when we fired CBD, it is not certain that we will find an improvement or even someone as good as CJS.

That said, if he doesn't want to coach at Vanderbilt and finds recruiting distasteful, then he should make the move that is best for him. And in that case I would agree that a quick resolution would be best for all involved, and would actually want him to be successful in getting the job, as even if he doesn't get this one, he will be a top candidate for the next one as soon as he gets up to the tournament, much less has any success in it.

If he is truly interested, then hopefully ADCS has a list ready, because it would be a matter of when over the next couple of seasons, not if. No coach who is truly interested in coaching college ball would bail prior to their making the tournament.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

I want him to stay, but if he leave I hope it be painless for the program.
shelbz75
Rear Admiral

Post by shelbz75 »

I'd like for him to stay but I understand if he decides to go, however I hope it happens sooner than later if its going to happen & I hope we are compiling a list of potential replacements if needed.
Doreknox
Admiral

Post by Doreknox »

I hope it's a fast hire, too, but it won't be. Detroit is a wasteland and their team isn't much better. I predict the job is offered to several before someone takes it.

Either way this goes, I think VU is screwed. If Stack is not vigorously recruiting the portal right now because he thinks he might leave, then he's not doing his damn job. Stack better take care of who's paying him now because he just might be working for the same folks next season. If he does leave, the next coach inherits bupkis for an SEC roster.
Foreverhopeful
Rear Admiral

Post by Foreverhopeful »

We have no real reason to think he isn't working the portal, and I'm sure his assistants are as well.
Vandy187187
Rear Admiral

Post by Vandy187187 »

Well one thing is for certain. With all the transfers out and this news the offseason certainly won't be boring. High stakes. Wonder how the "extension" last summer plays into this and buyouts, etc. The extension was odd timing back then and maybe it was for this exact reason.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

For this Vandy fan all you can do is speculate on whiter he doing his job at Vandy or waiting to hear about another job? If this is hurting recruiting on both levels the AD should step up and say it time to do your job. But we don't really know what is going on in the background do we.
commadore
Admiral

Post by commadore »

Foreverhopeful wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:47 pm We have no real reason to think he isn't working the portal, and I'm sure his assistants are as well.
Other than the article posted earlier that said he wasn't pursuing recruits or shopping the portal per other coaches.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

If he not doing his job, he needs to move on and let somebody that would.
Vandysmith
Lieutenant

Post by Vandysmith »

Who want to play for a school not knowing who the HC coach is?
Locked Previous topicNext topic