This might be a guy to keep an eye on...

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

This might be a guy to keep an eye on...

Post by BrentVU »

Xayvion Bradshaw is a big-time prospect who hasn't gotten caught up in all the frenzy of recruiting. Instead, he has kept his head down (and stayed off Twitter), and focused on trying to win a state championship. His team fell just short in the championship game last Saturday, so it's now time to think about where he's going to school next year. He's the son of an NFL star. He has double-digit offers, but the recruiting services don't seem to have a clue where he's going. And he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to decide. Here's an article about the mysterious Xayvion from a few days ago...

Briston, Va. Herald-Courier: VHSL CLASS 2 FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP: Graham's Xayvion Turner-Bradshaw draws comparisons to his famous father Ahmad
https://heraldcourier.com/sports/vhsl-c ... c30a7.html

“I’m looking at the slot receiver position for college,” Xayvion said. “I’m shooting to make my [college] decision by around Christmas. If that time fame doesn’t happen, then I will decide by March. Right now, I’m just focused on Saturday’s game.

I have a sneaking suspicion Vandy might still be strongly in the mix, but we'll have to wait and see.

dore74
Vice Admiral

Re: This might be a guy to keep an eye on...

Post by dore74 »

thanks Brent, as always.

I'm intrigued to see how we end up recruiting wise. The coaching staff seem to be taking a bit of an unorthodox twist to this--which I think is the right approach--and are focusing on getting the kids who can thrive here. Certainly an uphill battle. Will keep a very interested eye out on Wednesday.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

dore74 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:11 am thanks Brent, as always.

I'm intrigued to see how we end up recruiting wise. The coaching staff seem to be taking a bit of an unorthodox twist to this--which I think is the right approach--and are focusing on getting the kids who can thrive here. Certainly an uphill battle. Will keep a very interested eye out on Wednesday.
It can't hurt that Duke is still looking for a coach.
AuricGoldfinger
Fleet Admiral

Post by AuricGoldfinger »

charlestonalum wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:40 am

FWIW Duke did hire Mike Elko from Texas A&M a couple of days ago.
charlestonalum
Fleet Admiral

Post by charlestonalum »

AuricGoldfinger wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:31 am
charlestonalum wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:40 am

FWIW Duke did hire Mike Elko from Texas A&M a couple of days ago.
Thanks for keeping me informed.
CPerk
Lieutenant

Post by CPerk »

I'm feeling he's between Notre Dame and VU based on his twitter
Locked Previous topicNext topic