You can yell f___ you in baseball?

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore baseball program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

historybill
Admiral

You can yell f___ you in baseball?

Post by historybill »

The Louisville pitcher just yelled f__ you (at least twice) in Infante's direction, and Infante was standing right beside the umpire.

Umps let you do this in baseball?

I've seen refs in football throw a flag for that; I've never seen a ref in basketball that won't call a T for that.

But the guy just yelled F___ you right in the direction of the ump... and the ump does nothing.

vufan1
Rear Admiral

Re: You can yell f___ you in baseball?

Post by vufan1 »

It’s official. I hate Louisville more than ever!!!
geeznotagain
Admiral

Post by geeznotagain »

I was out of the room for a minute and didn't see that. Was Infante in the on-deck circle, in the batters box, or walking back to the dugout after the K?
historybill
Admiral

Post by historybill »

He was walking back to the dugout after striking out. ESPN showed him yelling it in slow motion, at least twice.
fldore
Vice Admiral

Post by fldore »

I think Infante was taking his time at the plate and Smith didnt like it. It's one thing to be competitive and have a few choice words. But telling Infante to f off seems a bit over the top. Surprised the ump didnt do anything about it.

If anything after Smith got pulled and the Vandy players started jawing back, it looked like the ump went over to tell our guys to cool it.
SV# VU# Fl@g @AD
VandyPhile
Rear Admiral

Post by VandyPhile »

We got our revenge the best way.
AirForceDore
Rear Admiral

Post by AirForceDore »

I was wondering that too. He literally was yelling at Infante then we get the warning for jawing after chasing him off the mound. Oh well, deuces UL. We have better things to worry about like UM.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

I like the Louisville coach and he must have been embarrassed by the pitcher. I thought they had more class than that, but this kid barely made it out of high school and this is what you get when you sign JC players that are punks and not students. I believe an apology is in order from Louisville and I wouldn’t play them again until we got one. This should not be what their program is about!👎🏻
boatrocker
Captain

Post by boatrocker »

actually, I think this is exactly why they play them. It ramps up the intensity for both teams going into the post season.
DeefromAtlanta
Admiral

Post by DeefromAtlanta »

Harry Potter has a big mouth.
Ndorefin
Vice Admiral

Post by Ndorefin »

It has always been a good, clean, fun rivalry, but when you have players acting like morons, I believe it’s time to re-evaluate the series. There are other teams who would love to start such a series....i would like to continue this one if something like this is acknowledged and apologizes given.
VirginiaDore
Ensign

Post by VirginiaDore »

Yes, the punk should have been ejected, but we should all be glad he came back to pitch in the ninth. In the end we get the win and he gets what he deserves.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

Ndorefin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:53 pm I like the Louisville coach and he must have been embarrassed by the pitcher. I thought they had more class than that, but this kid barely made it out of high school and this is what you get when you sign JC players that are punks and not students. I believe an apology is in order from Louisville and I wouldn’t play them again until we got one. This should not be what their program is about!👎🏻
I'm looking at the U of L roster and don't see any juco transfers. uut had 3 or 4 iirc
CLTDore
Captain

Post by CLTDore »

EllistonVU wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:44 pm
Ndorefin wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:53 pm I like the Louisville coach and he must have been embarrassed by the pitcher. I thought they had more class than that, but this kid barely made it out of high school and this is what you get when you sign JC players that are punks and not students. I believe an apology is in order from Louisville and I wouldn’t play them again until we got one. This should not be what their program is about!👎🏻
I'm looking at the U of L roster and don't see any juco transfers. uut had 3 or 4 iirc
Punky spent his first 2 years at Parkland Community College.
Levon
Rear Admiral

Post by Levon »

VirginiaDore wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:31 pm Yes, the punk should have been ejected, but we should all be glad he came back to pitch in the ninth. In the end we get the win and he gets what he deserves.
Karma's a bitch
lidore12
Ensign

Post by lidore12 »

Love how our boys let their play do the talking for them. No sense living in the past, especially when we have a championship to win. Can’t wait for Monday!

Also just want to add: Tyler Brown is basically a real life’s cheat code. He’s earned this moment and I hope he gets to share a trophy with Bella real soon.
KAVandy05
Petty Officer

Post by KAVandy05 »

Louisville has been always extra mouthy with the same bad hair under McDonnell.
EllistonVU
Vice Admiral

Post by EllistonVU »

CLTDore wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:49 pm
EllistonVU wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:44 pm
Punky spent his first 2 years at Parkland Community College.
You are correct. Here is his picture...

Junnah
Commander

Post by Junnah »

Wasn’t Louisville the opponent when Jason Esposito wrote a letter apologizing for similar (same?) behavior as Smith?
KAVandy05
Petty Officer

Post by KAVandy05 »

From Twitter

Locked Previous topicNext topic