Tennessean: Five Vanderbilt football breakout candidates for 2023

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

Four of them are redshirt freshmen; one is a senior who has suddenly found himself atop the depth chart...

(by Aria Gerson)

BrentVU
Site Admin

Re: Tennessean: Five Vanderbilt football breakout candidates for 2023

Post by BrentVU »

Aria also wrote this piece about Vanderbilt's commitment to playing at FirstBank in 2023 despite the construction hubbub...

"It was really important for us if at all feasible, to compete in our venues while we're under construction," [AD Candice] Lee said Monday. "I think number one, for all the projects that we're doing, I'm trying not to displace our student-athletes. So we're trying to be really mindful of their day to day process. And as they move between spaces, of course it's disruptive because we're choosing to be aggressive with the construction but I really wanted them to play at home if at all possible. And I also like the idea of, during games, being able to literally see the the construction coming to life."

Lee said the projects at FirstBank Stadium are on track to be completed under the university's original timeline. She said that the south end zone project, which will contain new locker rooms, a dining facility, a renovated concourse and additional premium seating, will be ready prior to the start of the 2024 football season. The north end zone project, which consists of a new basketball operations center, will be ready prior to the start of the 2024-25 basketball season.

Too bad she didn't ask about visitor locker rooms or scoreboards for this coming season... :roll:

More...

Tennessean: Why Vanderbilt football is committed to playing in FirstBank Stadium amid renovations
(by Aria Gerson)
Go Vandy!
Rear Admiral

Post by Go Vandy! »

BrentVU wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:55 pm Aria also wrote this piece about Vanderbilt's commitment to playing at FirstBank in 2023 despite the construction hubbub...
"Vandy won't play a game in First Bank in 2023."
"Vandy will play ALL home games at FB."

That about covers it. Can we move on now?

P.S. What was Aria doing up at 5:03 this morning?
UltimateVUFan
Vice Admiral

Post by UltimateVUFan »

Go Vandy! wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:11 pm P.S. What was Aria doing up at 5:03 this morning?
I suspect many of us are up at 5:03 most mornings!
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Somebody's gotta feed the chiclets.
Versus75
Admiral

Post by Versus75 »

BrentVU wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:31 pm Four of them are redshirt freshmen; one is a senior who has suddenly found himself atop the depth chart...
Article for subscribers only, but you could post a10-word excerpt: 5 first names and 5 last names. Don’t even need to be in order. I can piece it together.
Seadog73
Admiral

Post by Seadog73 »

They must have moved it because I was able to read it and I don't subscribe. From memory, one was Justin Ball at TE, another was Trudell Berry at DB. Maybe Chase Gillespie at RB?
Locked Previous topicNext topic