Offensive line for next season: Should be best in some time

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

Offensive line for next season: Should be best in some time

Post by BrentVU »

I have it on good authority that starting center Julian Hernandez and senior tackle Junior Uzebu (who started six games last season as a backup) are both returning for their fifth year. The offensive line next year was already going to be pretty good, but with those two back, it has a chance to be very good.

Vandy will need to replace Jacob Brammer at RT, but there are plenty of options, probably starting with Uzebu (who filled in for Gunnar Hansen at the other tackle). Hansen, Xavier Delfin Castillo, Bradley Ashmore, Ben Cox, Jake Ketschek, and Gage Pitchford are all back, and all are upperclassmen who have SEC experience. I'm not sure in all my years covering Vandy that I've seen a team where there are eight experienced upperclassmen available for spring practice.

And that's just scratching the surface. From the 2022 recruiting class, Grayson Morgan, David Siegel, Leyton Nelson, and Levi Harber all redshirted last season and are all itching to show what they can do. And five signees in the class of 2023 will get started in the fall: Cooper Starks, Barrett Maddox, Anthony Miles, Misael Sandoval, and Keegan Wechsler will all have to wait their turn.

It's a great time to be part of the Grease Gang. Here's a photo of the gang getting fattened up at Double Dogs...

[img=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmPppRQXgAY ... name=large]

dorelover82
Ensign

Re: Offensive line for next season: Should be best in some time

Post by dorelover82 »

Great group who did some good things this Spring. Paved the way for Ray to have an excellent season and protected quarterback to a reasonably good level. Glad to hear of their potential return! Experience is key in the SEC.
Locked Previous topicNext topic