And the winner of the 18th annual VandyMania Preseason Prediction Contest is... (by a mile)...

For discussion regarding the Vanderbilt Commodores' football program.

Moderators: kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates, Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit

BrentVU
Site Admin

And the winner of the 18th annual VandyMania Preseason Prediction Contest is... (by a mile)...

Post by BrentVU »

With 40 points out of a possible 60... secchamp!
He blew everyone else out of the water by picking both the exact number of wins for Vandy, and the eventual Heisman trophy winner. He wins a shout-out from me, and braggin' rights among VandyManiacs for a whole year.

Congratulations also to our two runners-up, with 25 points each: Lynchsr and dore74!

To everyone else, including yours truly, whose scores were 20 or less... thanks for playing.

Here were the questions, the correct answers, and the consensus of VandyManiacs before the season:

1. How many games will Vanderbilt win in the REGULAR SEASON? (Not including SECCG, bowls, or playoffs. There are 12 games. (10 points) The correct answer was FIVE. Only secchamp, Lynchsr, vandy05, and VU1970 got it correctly. The median guess was 4.1 wins, so Vandy exceeded expectations-- all in all, a good year.

2. Which two teams will meet for the SEC Championship Game? (5 points each) Correct answer: LSU & Georgia. Almost everyone picked Georgia, but no one got LSU; most obviously thought Bama was a shoo-in. Who would have guessed Saban would lose two SEC games?

3. Who will be the most valuable SEC offensive and defensive player, as named by AP? (5 points each) Lots of people got Alabama's Will Anderson, but no one got Tennessee's Hendon Hooker; most went with Bama's Bryce Young. Yeah, I know, Hooker's selection was controversial, but we go with the AP's choice here.

4. Which four teams will be selected for the College Football Playoff? (5 points each) Correct answers: Georgia, Michigan, TCU, and Ohio State. Almost everyone got Georgia and Ohio State; no one got Michigan or TCU. Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and USC-West were the most popular non-winning choices.

5. Who will be this year's Heisman Trophy winner? (10 points) Last year's winner, Bryce Young of Alabama, is back for another season. A good number of people went with Young again, but only secchamp, dore74, and MrMemorial went with the winner: USC QB Caleb Williams.

dallasdore
Vice Admiral

Re: And the winner of the 18th annual VandyMania Preseason Prediction Contest is... (by a mile)...

Post by dallasdore »

Thank you for your time that you take to do this every year, Brent!
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Re: And the winner of the 18th annual VandyMania Preseason Prediction Contest is... (by a mile)...

Post by MrMemorial »

And how about a bowl prediction contest? There is still time. Barely.
MrMemorial
Rear Admiral

Post by MrMemorial »

And how about a bowl prediction contest? There is still time. Barely.

I'll kick it off... Ohio over Wyoming in the Arizona Bowl.
secchamp
Lieutenant

Post by secchamp »

Thank you BrentVU for the time you put into this and other threads on this board. I've enjoyed being a part of it over the past 5 years. Secchamp is happy to accept bragging rights over the next year, and SHE will relish in her victory! (I'm a former member of the women's soccer team and have been a huge college football fan as long a I can remember.)
BrentVU
Site Admin

Post by BrentVU »

secchamp wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:30 pm Thank you BrentVU for the time you put into this and other threads on this board. I've enjoyed being a part of it over the past 5 years. Secchamp is happy to accept bragging rights over the next year, and SHE will relish in her victory! (I'm a former member of the women's soccer team and have been a huge college football fan as long a I can remember.)
Many apologies, secchamp, for my inherently chauvinistic assumption! You skunked us all this year, including all of us male types. "SHE blew everyone else out of the water by picking both the exact number of wins for Vandy, and the eventual Heisman trophy winner. SHE wins a shout-out from me, and braggin' rights among VandyManiacs for a whole year."
secchamp
Lieutenant

Post by secchamp »

BrentVU wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:26 pm
secchamp wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:30 pm Thank you BrentVU for the time you put into this and other threads on this board. I've enjoyed being a part of it over the past 5 years. Secchamp is happy to accept bragging

Many apologies, secchamp, for my inherently chauvinistic assumption! You skunked us all this year, including all of us male types. "SHE blew everyone else out of the water by picking both the exact number of wins for Vandy, and the eventual Heisman trophy winner. SHE wins a shout-out from me, and braggin' rights among VandyManiacs for a whole year."
No worries! It just made me laugh a little. 😁
VU1970
Admiral

Post by VU1970 »

Congratulations, secchamp!
FayetteDore
Vice Admiral

Post by FayetteDore »

Yes, congratulations secchamp! Very well done.
Can't scamper or slither...but I used to swim.
cc11316
Rear Admiral

Post by cc11316 »

Congrats - ready for that Vegas trip?
Locked Previous topicNext topic