Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

Recruiting

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

Nashmann

Recruiting

Postby Nashmann » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:00 pm

Looks like CSW and staff are being outworked or unable to close the deal on high ranking players. There are still a lot of 4 & 5-star players out there not committed yet. Need SEC talent & height. Hope the staff keeps working hard on the trail. How many can the staff sign?

dore43

Re: Recruiting

Postby dore43 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:19 pm

Five - and CSW's filled all the slots.

6'5" Bree Horrocks graduates. Isabella Paldrmic might have a scholarship due to the transfer exodus, but she'll be a walk-on next year.

We have commits from:
5'11" wing Demi Washington
6'3" center Kendall Golden
6' power forward Kaylon Smith
6' post Yaubryon Chambers
5'9" guard Kiara Pearl

So we are finished unless anyone backs out or players transfer/leave during or after the season.

We also have the 2020 commit from 5'6" PG Bella Lachance (no relation to Riley).

INCORRECT ANALYSIS - MY BAD
Last edited by dore43 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Postby VandyWhit » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:39 pm

dore43 wrote:Five - and CSW's filled all the slots.

6'5" Bree Horrocks graduates. Isabella Paldrmic might have a scholarship due to the transfer exodus, but she'll be a walk-on next year.

We have commits from:
5'11" wing Demi Washington
6'3" center Kendall Golden
6' power forward Kaylon Smith
6' post Yaubryon Chambers
5'9" guard Kiara Pearl

So we are finished unless anyone backs out or players transfer/leave during or after the season.

We also have the 2020 commit from 5'6" PG Bella Lachance (no relation to Riley).

Thanks for compiling that list!

vandyfan52

Postby vandyfan52 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:45 am

I think we still have one or two scholarships available, depending on whether Paldrmic is a preferred walk-on. Have we heard anything on whether Jordan Isaacs (PF from the ATL area) visited or how it went last weekend? Also, Kyra White (combo guard from San Antonio area) is slated to be coming next weekend. These two are legitimate top 100 prospects.
That being said, I am curious about what seems to be a new recruiting strategy this year. I know that we have a new recruiting coordinator but can anyone shed light on the signing of four players that are not mentioned in national rankings? Are we specifically targeting "under-the-radar" prospects? I am thankful for these individuals who are committed to build something again but am wondering whether followers of the program think that this a sound strategy given where it is at right now. Thanks for any insight!

tim4vandy

Postby tim4vandy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 pm

Looks like there are now six recruits.

Regarding hopefully recruiting height, I have given up. (Yes, I know they may have offered some bigs and they turned it down/didn't qualify, etc). Not worth my blood pressure. I fear we have another small ball coach. :roll:

I am still a season ticket subscriber and will be at most, not if all the home games.

dore43

Postby dore43 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:40 pm

Hmmm. This commit is interesting.

Either someone else has decommitted or the staff knows that one of our current players does not intend to be at VU for the 2019 season.

Incorrect analysis. My bad.
Last edited by dore43 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vandyfan52

Postby vandyfan52 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:31 pm

I think we are still within the scholarship limit for next season. This year we have ten players (including freshman, Paldrmic who is believed to be a preferred walk-on). Next year, we lose Horrocks to graduation which would leave us with nine players on scholarship if we include Paldrmic. We now have six freshman (this includes the new signee, Hutchins) arriving which would give us the maximum allocation of 15.
We are supposed to be hosting Kyra White (guard from Texas) this weekend so if she verbals (and we can only hope as she is a consensus top 100 prospect) that would probably shift Paldrmic to a walk-on.

dore43

Postby dore43 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm

I stand corrected on all this. I did not realize NCAA allows 15 scholarships for D1 women's basketball to 13 in NCAA D1 men.

So yes, we do have another another scholarship available then, even after the Texas commit.

My mistake.

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Postby VandyWhit » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:17 am

dore43 wrote:I stand corrected on all this. I did not realize NCAA allows 15 scholarships for D1 women's basketball to 13 in NCAA D1 men.

So yes, we do have another another scholarship available then, even after the Texas commit.

My mistake.

You aren't the first to be tripped up by that difference! Thanks for keeping on top of the info.

Return to “Vanderbilt Women's Basketball”