Main VandyMania.com Page

POLITICAL, RACIAL AND RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.

It's time for Vanderbilt to begin searching for CSWs replacement!

For fan discussion of the Vanderbilt Commodore women's basketball program, games and recruiting.

Moderators: Vandyman74, roanoke, VandyWhit, kerrigjl, BrentVU, jfgogold, NateSY, KarenYates

DoresFreak

It's time for Vanderbilt to begin searching for CSWs replacement!

Postby DoresFreak » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Last season was an absolute failure to say it kindly and the mass exodus of players is very concerning as well. Vanderbilt needs to fix this now not later! Sorry for being so harsh but last season speaks for itself,and I guarantee this coming season is already going to be much of the same. This is just my opinion, and I hope I'm wrong but the current coaching staff is not getting it done.

Doreknox

Re: It's time for Vanderbilt to begin searching for CSWs replacement!

Postby Doreknox » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:38 pm

White is what happens when Kirkland Hall allows a group of unqualified faculty members to select a coach. I don't claim to know the whole story here, but did Willliams have any say in this hire?
Last edited by Doreknox on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

VandyWhit
Site Admin

Postby VandyWhit » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:01 pm

I gotta agree that last year was grim -- in year 2 you really expect to see some improvement, and although i stayed hopeful all season, at the end I'd have to say that I didn't see it.

But I think any new coach should get at least 3 seasons to get things going in the right direction, because if they don't get that chance, it's going to make it harder to hire the next coach.

That said, I think that ADs generally have a list of possible candidates in case they have to make an unexpected early hire. I'd guess that's true of Vandy, too, even though we''ll never get a whiff of it publicly.

Ndorefin

Postby Ndorefin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:32 pm

She has only played with 2 players she recruited, Hall and Newby, so this is really only year 2 for her coming up. With the 2 new player plus Fasoula, I Believe we will much more talented, although with a short bench. I’ll give her 2 more years before I’m concerned, but I don’t believe the “Powers that be” really care that much.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 pm

To get two more years I think there has to be a decent amount of improvement this season. Another season like last season and I think action will probably be taken. I hope she can get it together.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Yates - Publisher, http://www.vandymania.com Fl@g

charlestonalum

Postby charlestonalum » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:41 am

on paper White appeared to be a great coach and she may well prove to be. I think that as smart as she is, the transition to college from the Pros has proven more difficult and different than anyone expected - that said, she has been a winner her entire career and Vanderbilt women's basketball is not the same as football (coaching grave yard.)
Comment earlier about role of the search committee in her search - most AD's rely on outside advice, for example, William relied on Eddie Fogler in the MBB search. I am sure the decision was all DW, and I suspect he listened most to Candice who was on the "search committee." No AD would relinquish the responsibility of making a head coach hire - in the end DW will be judged on how well Coach White performs.
She will get 4 years minimum to produce a winner, probably 5.

Ndorefin

Postby Ndorefin » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:38 pm

As I stated on the football forum regarding stadium improvements, Zeppos calls all the shots. I doubt very seriously that DW had much of a choice in this hiring and the search committee was taking directives from Zeppos. DW may have decided among the 3 finalists presented to him, but they had to fit within the framework of the directive.

vuspecial

Postby vuspecial » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:30 am

Should have already happened!

commadore

Postby commadore » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:59 am

At this rate, we won't have a women's team in 5 years. It will be all walk-ons because all the scholly players will be gone.

Return to “Vanderbilt Women's Basketball”